Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited... I used the dining reservation finder on TouringPlans, and it texted me early this morning that dinner reservations at 'Ohana opened up for Saturday evening! It will be me and my parents' first time dining there. I fly out in 13 hours, and my parents will beat me to the Poly by a few hours since they only have a 3-hour drive. Can't wait to stay at this awesome resort! It's going to be a hot weekend, I'm sure I will be in one of the pools quite a bit! :-) I requested a balcony and Raratonga for a standard view room, but really I think I'll be happy with just about any room!

So excited... I used the dining reservation finder on TouringPlans, and it texted me early this morning that dinner reservations at 'Ohana opened up for Saturday evening! It will be me and my parents' first time dining there. I fly out in 13 hours, and my parents will beat me to the Poly by a few hours since they only have a 3-hour drive. Can't wait to stay at this awesome resort! It's going to be a hot weekend, I'm sure I will be in one of the pools quite a bit! :-) I requested a balcony and Raratonga for a standard view room, but really I think I'll be happy with just about any room!

Congrats on getting Ohana! Have a great trip :wizard:.

I asked over on the restaurants board but it appears no one over there has the answer.
Have you ordered the oatmeal at Capt'n Cooks? Did it come with fruit or brown sugar? Is it good thick oatmeal or is it Quaker Oats style?

I have used Amazon Prime to the resorts before, but on another thread folks were talking about the addition of Amazon Prime Now to the resort area. Free 2 hr delivery, and the availability of cold/frozen items like milk, ice cream, lunch meat, etc.

I will definitely be trying this out in a few weeks!

Is the two hour Prime or Pantry??? I'll look for the thread...

Home from our trip. We have colds. The first 2 days were really humid but the rest were perfect. Except, when you want to swim. The air was cool. Anyways, we were surprised with turn down service our 1st night in new room. Then, during family night we guessed 1 off from the "how many are in there jar" and won 2 sea racer coupons for 1/2 hr each. We asked and they agreed to let us trade them in for 1/2 pontoon boat rental. It was the perfect ending for our trip. Food (only ate at Capt Cooks and Oasis pool) was pretty good. $10 for 6 wings was crazy. Kids loved them. I didn't get a chance to try. I noticed quick food options for return at night are slim. They switch over to their flatbread only all night menu at 10?. They are pretty bland. I was starving and couldn't stomach them. Someone tried ordering pb & j / kids turkey and a kids side and they were out. It would be nice to have some salads or even wraps you could stick in microwave. Or just add on wraps to the all night menu. Those awesome looking Mickey cupcakes were dry. Everyone we dealt with at hotel was great. The bell service was awesome. Activities people were upbeat and made kids feel special. We had a great trip. I don't believe how fast it went. Now, I'm sitting here wishing we could go back next month.

What size is the day bed? Could a 6 foot tall adult sleep on in fairly comfortably? Sorry, I'm sure that info is already listed here somewhere, but I'm not finding it.:o

I have used Amazon Prime to the resorts before, but on another thread folks were talking about the addition of Amazon Prime Now to the resort area. Free 2 hr delivery, and the availability of cold/frozen items like milk, ice cream, lunch meat, etc.

Ohhh wow, thank you for this info !!! I just checked it out. This is amazing. Let us know how it goes after you use it!

What size is the day bed? Could a 6 foot tall adult sleep on in fairly comfortably? Sorry, I'm sure that info is already listed here somewhere, but I'm not finding it.:o

I have never had anyone sleep on one other than a little child, but here is a photo. I know I have read posts where people mention their tall teenaged sons have slept on them, though! However with this newer daybed, it looks as though your legs would extend beyond the wooden sides :scared:

4CC25F2D-4872-4ACB-B4A6-0BC8E0CE9FE4_zpsqfznjr9e.jpg

The day bed doesn't pull down, right? That does look a little short for a tall teen. They should have used the pull down couches like on DCL. Long enough and almost as comfy as a regular bed.

The day bed doesn't pull down, right? That does look a little short for a tall teen. They should have used the pull down couches like on DCL. Long enough and almost as comfy as a regular bed.

I could probably fit on it (5'5") but it would probably not be comfortable for someone a whole lot taller than me. It does pull out and lay flat.

Very cool! Please come back and let us know how it went!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter