Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I should know this but I'm drawing a blank...is there an arcade at the poly? If not, where would the closest one be located?

Thanks all!

I feel like I should know this but I'm drawing a blank...is there an arcade at the poly? If not, where would the closest one be located?

Thanks all!

It is gone by the wayside--Trader Sam's took its place. Not sure what is coming down the road once all of the renovations are complete, but I don't recall an arcade unless it is near the newly renovated leisure pool. Tikiman may know.

Hey all, First time at Disney and we chose the Poly and cant wait ! Will be there during Easter for 7 nights. I booked 2 nights on the Disney site and 5 on Orbitz and it looks like I will have to change rooms. First two nights are at the Villas & bungalows and the other 5 are at the village resort.. Didn't know there was a difference until now. It will be me my wife and two children 5 and 2. Any rooms or requests you think I should make?

We used the one at the Contemporary.
It is gone by the wayside--Trader Sam's took its place. Not sure what is coming down the road once all of the renovations are complete, but I don't recall an arcade unless it is near the newly renovated leisure pool. Tikiman may know.

Thanks for the info. I remember the kids using the arcade at the Contemporary during a quick rain storm after breakfast at Chef Mickey's so if they really need their fix (who am I kidding-my dh's fix) we'll head over there. :)

Does anyone know if I can buy whole milk at the resort? Like a half gallon or something? My toddler drinks so much milk and buying the little cartons will really add up!

Does anyone know if I can buy whole milk at the resort? Like a half gallon or something? My toddler drinks so much milk and buying the little cartons will really add up!

I don't think you can. Last year I ordered some shelf stable whole milk from diapers.com. It comes in those small drink boxes in packs of twelve and each box doesn't need to be refrigerated until opened. Brands are Horizon amd Organic Valley. It worked really well. I just emptied a box into a sippy cup and would refrigerate of they didn't finish. I have twins so I understand the amount of milk!

Does anyone know if I can buy whole milk at the resort?

They have 1/2 gallons at the Mercantile on the 2nd floor of the lobby. Check the dates. When I was there they were expiring the NEXT DAY. I told the CM working there that was going to shuffle through them, and I found better dates toward the back of the fridge... she wasn't thrilled with me, I don't think, but we were there for four nights and I didn't want old milk!

You might already know this too - but the hula dancing lessons in the lobby are very fun. If you plan on being back at the resort in the afternoon, try it one day. My kids love it - even my son who is 12 now!

When are they typically? That would be fun! We are not park commandos and plan to spend the afternoon at the resort.

Poly newbie here! Thank you so much for this thread..I have spent the last 2 hours reading and enjoying what everyone has to post! I am so excited to say we are finally staying at the Poly for the first time in May! My hubby wants a marina view (he's obsessed with boats lol), and I booked a standard view room for this reason. I was looking at the Tikiman's website, and it looks like the Fiji longhouse will be the best one to put in a request when I do the online check in. Can anyone confirm that it's the best one? I will also request a third floor room, as I would love to have a balcony. :) Thanks in advance!
Yes Fiji! You may want to clarify marina side. Although we stayed 3rd floor Fiji facing the beach and it was a nice relaxing view!

First time staying at poly is aotearoa a good request for standard view? Or is another building better. Going end of Feb beginning of March.

Is it possible to see the electric pageant from a standard view room? If so, where should I request?

Is it possible to see the electric pageant from a standard view room? If so, where should I request?

We've stayed standard view at Poly many times, and in recent years, we've requested Samoa, third floor, facing volcano (now lava) pool. Of course, we know it's just a request and not a guarantee. But we've been fortunate and it's worked! From those rooms in Samoa, we could see the pool, the GF, the beach and the lagoon to our right. So when we're out on the balcony, we can see the EWP. Since construction began, we've only stayed CL at Poly, so I'm not sure if this changed since then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter