Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If interested from a few days ago-just my cell phone with me. Hot tub looks pretty big.

cell2015%20229.jpg

cell2015%20230.jpg

cell2015%20221.jpg

cell2015%20220.jpg

Quick question for all the Poly pros...when staying at the Polynesian do you usually purchase park hoppers?? We typically only get base tickets but with our upcoming April stay I'm thinking hoppers would be a great benefit. I just feel like it will be so tempting for "quick trips" over to MK even after visiting a different park for the day. Would love to hear opinions.

Thanks!!!

We always get hoppers. We often do what you mentioned, just hop over to the MK some evenings for something to do after being in another park for the day. Sometimes we'll just get an ice cream, browse in the shops, or ride around the park on the train.

What are the height restrictions on the splash pad area? Are they enforced? What if my older son (will be 8) wants to play with DS-5?

Last August, DD12 - I'd say she was about 60 inches. Obviously, to a lifeguard, much taller than allowed, but...
She went to the splash pad and kind of hung around a little (because I told her they would likely give her the boot lol). But no, she stayed and eventually got the nerve to hit the slide (I had told her, the reason for the height restriction was mainly for slide safety for the little ones). She ended up playing around and sliding too! I think it may have been because she was very cautious. She also was helping the little ones on the slide. I suspect though that the lifeguards would not allow a taller child who was more rambunctious to stay in the area.

I have a question and since I haven't read through this entire thread I'm not sure if it's been asked, my apologies if it has.

Today is my 60 days and I can do online check in. If the Hawaii building is strictly for club level, why would they include in in the list for buildings people can choose from?

I have a question and since I haven't read through this entire thread I'm not sure if it's been asked, my apologies if it has.

Today is my 60 days and I can do online check in. If the Hawaii building is strictly for club level, why would they include in in the list for buildings people can choose from?

Really just a flaw in disneys online check in setup. Doesn't quite match reality.

We are heading to the Poly for the first time in April. It will be our family of 5 in one room, (2adults, 2 teens, 1 child) my sister and her family in another room (2adults 3 kids) and our parents in another room. My dad may or may not have an ECV for the trip. We all have standard view room reservations. Any recommendations for which buildings to request for all of us? We don't need to be next to each other but the the same building would be nice. Ideally close to Grand Ceremonial house and the pool, since my dad has mobility issues. He is going to the parks 2 days, using the monorail both days. TIA!

We love Samoa as we found the location to be great! It's convenient to everything as it's just steps from the GCH, Captain Cooks, the pool, and beach :).

If interested from a few days ago-just my cell phone with me. Hot tub looks pretty big.

cell2015%20229.jpg

cell2015%20230.jpg

cell2015%20221.jpg

cell2015%20220.jpg

Thanks for sharing :flower3:.

Thanks so much for posting those. I am heading down in 3 weeks and I was really curious how it was going. Looks like it probably won't be ready by then, but close!

Thanks so much for posting those. I am heading down in 3 weeks and I was really curious how it was going. Looks like it probably won't be ready by then, but close!

We are heading down in 3 weeks too! We haven't been back to the Poly since the volcano pool was refurbished. I'm hoping it will be warm enough for our kids to swim!!!

Quick question for all the Poly pros...when staying at the Polynesian do you usually purchase park hoppers?? We typically only get base tickets but with our upcoming April stay I'm thinking hoppers would be a great benefit. I just feel like it will be so tempting for "quick trips" over to MK even after visiting a different park for the day. Would love to hear opinions.

Thanks!!!

We always get hoppers anyway, but staying at the Poly made it even more convenient. One night after getting back from a day at Epcot, my daughter and I left everyone else behind at the Poly and took the monorail over to MK just to ride Haunted Mansion. It was one of our favourite parts of the trip.

We are heading down in 3 weeks too! We haven't been back to the Poly since the volcano pool was refurbished. I'm hoping it will be warm enough for our kids to swim!!!
According to the not-quite-always-so-accurate 3-week out report on accuweather, we should be in the 70s during the day and lows of mid-50s. I'll take it! I requested Aotearoa Longhouse. Might see you around!

Poly newbie here! Thank you so much for this thread..I have spent the last 2 hours reading and enjoying what everyone has to post! I am so excited to say we are finally staying at the Poly for the first time in May! My hubby wants a marina view (he's obsessed with boats lol), and I booked a standard view room for this reason. I was looking at the Tikiman's website, and it looks like the Fiji longhouse will be the best one to put in a request when I do the online check in. Can anyone confirm that it's the best one? I will also request a third floor room, as I would love to have a balcony. :) Thanks in advance!

I arrive at the Poly 4 weeks from today! I told Disney on the phone I wanted TPV, Tuvalu, 3rd floor. Do I need to check in online now and request that again? I thought it was best to check-in in person early on arrival day. This is our first Poly stay!

With the new pool fence I was wondering when we stay at the Poly, at night when the fireworks are going off can we swim then? it would be in July.

I am planning on arriving early morning around 7am, and wondering if the Poly does early checkin before 3pm. If not, has anyone had any bad experiences with leaving their luggage with the bell service? Or if you prefer to use DME for luggage delivery?

Also if I plan to use the pool before checkin does the poly have showers? Or do I need to walk to GF to use their health facilities?

Thanks.

With the new pool fence I was wondering when we stay at the Poly, at night when the fireworks are going off can we swim then? it would be in July.

During our stay last July, the pool was open until 11pm. I would expect the same for this summer.

According to the not-quite-always-so-accurate 3-week out report on accuweather, we should be in the 70s during the day and lows of mid-50s. I'll take it! I requested Aotearoa Longhouse. Might see you around!

That's great! A definite improvement over our winter weather here!!! We requested the Rarotonga Longhouse. Have a wonderful time!

I was checking out touring plans and they dont yet seem to have the option for room requests for poly villas yet. :(

Anyone have a link to the January activities calendar? The most recent one i can find is December.

Poly newbie here! Thank you so much for this thread..I have spent the last 2 hours reading and enjoying what everyone has to post! I am so excited to say we are finally staying at the Poly for the first time in May! My hubby wants a marina view (he's obsessed with boats lol), and I booked a standard view room for this reason. I was looking at the Tikiman's website, and it looks like the Fiji longhouse will be the best one to put in a request when I do the online check in. Can anyone confirm that it's the best one? I will also request a third floor room, as I would love to have a balcony. :) Thanks in advance!

Welcome! I was a Poly newbie myself, and we changed that this past summer on our first family trip to the World. Now, my kids think Disney IS the Poly, and any time we talk about returning, they only talk about staying at the Poly. We've trained them well!

We stayed Fiji, third floor, marina side and absolutely loved it. Yes, that is the view you want if you want to look at the marina, I don't think there's another standard view with a better look at the boats than this. We loved it and somewhere in this thread there's a picture of our view, probably late August. It was just awesome. Best of luck with your request - I hope you get it!

I arrive at the Poly 4 weeks from today! I told Disney on the phone I wanted TPV, Tuvalu, 3rd floor. Do I need to check in online now and request that again?

Since you already provided your room requests, just skip that section during online check in.

I thought it was best to check-in in person early on arrival day. This is our first Poly stay!

Rooms are assigned 2-3 days before you arrive so when you check in does not affect whether your requests will be granted or not. But, arriving early does give you a better chance of moving to another room if you don't like the room you were assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter