Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is on here somewhere but 213 pages is a lot to go through... We are staying in a dvc studio in 12 days and I was wondering if there are hair dryers in the rooms? Looking at pictures I don't see them on the walls in vanity areas. Are they in the drawers or closets? Do they provide 2 because of the extra vanity? Thanks!

I'm sure this is on here somewhere but 213 pages is a lot to go through... We are staying in a dvc studio in 12 days and I was wondering if there are hair dryers in the rooms? Looking at pictures I don't see them on the walls in vanity areas. Are they in the drawers or closets? Do they provide 2 because of the extra vanity? Thanks!

I can't remember whether there were 1 or 2 hair dryers in my studio (hopefully someone else will know), but there was at least 1. It was lightweight and powerful, and I ended up using it instead of the travel dryer I brought with me.

Hello.

Looking at booking at Polynesian for the first time. The deluxe studio at the villas is almost the same price as a standard view room at the main resort. Which one is more recommended? Do the villa rooms offer more things or more space?

Thanks.

Hello.

Looking at booking at Polynesian for the first time. The deluxe studio at the villas is almost the same price as a standard view room at the main resort. Which one is more recommended? Do the villa rooms offer more things or more space?

Thanks.

The main difference will be 1 queen bed and then a pull out sofa bed. So depending on how many people some may have to sleep on the sofa bed. The main benefits are you have the 2 bathroom areas so you get 2 showers to get ready in the morning and they are still in pretty much brand new condition. Also theres a small kitchenette with a fridge, microwave and toaster.

Booked my first stay at the Poly in March for a birthday present to myself. Really looking forward to this. Only a 2 night stay, but I visit so often I think I will take it easy this time. One question I do have, when can I book FastPass? Is it 30 days out since I'm a passholder or 60 days out since I booked an on-site hotel. Thanks in advance and I cannot wait to get up there again.

The main difference will be 1 queen bed and then a pull out sofa bed. So depending on how many people some may have to sleep on the sofa bed. The main benefits are you have the 2 bathroom areas so you get 2 showers to get ready in the morning and they are still in pretty much brand new condition. Also theres a small kitchenette with a fridge, microwave and toaster.

Another plus to the villas is that you are guaranteed a balcony or patio. Some people prefer the regular rooms as they are closer to the Great Ceremonial House.

The villas are larger than the regular rooms, but that extra space is consumed by the 2 bathrooms. So the bedroom area feels a bit more spacious in the regular rooms (IMO), but you could also argue that the villas feel more spacious because you can fold up one of the beds into a couch. The regular rooms have a desk with a rollout table beneath it, providing plenty of "work surfaces," while the villas have only a smaller table.

I agree with the above statement that the villas feel newer, and I think they feel a bit more upscale as well. Finally, if colors influence your decision, you'll have a lot of warm colors in the villas (such as coral), and cooler colors in the regular rooms (primarily green).

Both definitely have their pros and cons!

Booked my first stay at the Poly in March for a birthday present to myself. Really looking forward to this. Only a 2 night stay, but I visit so often I think I will take it easy this time. One question I do have, when can I book FastPass? Is it 30 days out since I'm a passholder or 60 days out since I booked an on-site hotel. Thanks in advance and I cannot wait to get up there again.
60 days with a resort stay :)

Another plus to the villas is that you are guaranteed a balcony or patio. Some people prefer the regular rooms as they are closer to the Great Ceremonial House.

The villas are larger than the regular rooms, but that extra space is consumed by the 2 bathrooms. So the bedroom area feels a bit more spacious in the regular rooms (IMO), but you could also argue that the villas feel more spacious because you can fold up one of the beds into a couch. The regular rooms have a desk with a rollout table beneath it, providing plenty of "work surfaces," while the villas have only a smaller table.

I agree with the above statement that the villas feel newer, and I think they feel a bit more upscale as well. Finally, if colors influence your decision, you'll have a lot of warm colors in the villas (such as coral), and cooler colors in the regular rooms (primarily green).

Both definitely have their pros and cons!

Thank you both so much,

I understand that in the villa there is the sofa bed plus a small bed that folds down under the TV. In the regular room, where is the extra bed located for the 5th person?

Thanks again

I'm sure this has been posted but I haven't found it with the pages I've read so far - sorry! I'm looking at possibly booking a Standard View Deluxe Studio. While chatting with a CM, I was told that the view would be of the lagoon - is this right?? I know that there is a Lake View Deluxe Studio option as well, but it's not currently available.

We stayed in a Theme Park View room in Tahiti a few years back and LOVED it. I know to not hope for that kind of view, but would like to know what we'd likely get before I book.

Thanks for your help, DISers!! :)

I'm sure this has been posted but I haven't found it with the pages I've read so far - sorry! I'm looking at possibly booking a Standard View Deluxe Studio. While chatting with a CM, I was told that the view would be of the lagoon - is this right?? I know that there is a Lake View Deluxe Studio option as well, but it's not currently available.

We stayed in a Theme Park View room in Tahiti a few years back and LOVED it. I know to not hope for that kind of view, but would like to know what we'd likely get before I book.

Thanks for your help, DISers!! :)

The standard views can be gardens, monorail, or parking views.

Hey! Does anyone have pics of a DVC lake view room? We've NEVER stayed in any deluxe at all, so I am ecstatic! & With the lake view, does this mean we can see the fireworks from our room?

Just got back from Poly. We requested Fiji / 3rd floor. We got a wonderful 3rd floor view of the marina. We fell in love with this side of the resort. Quick walk to GCH for drink refills and the monorail stop. Easy access to pool and boat to MK. Great / quiet view over the marina. We would sit on balcony in the evening to recharge before going back into MK. Also it was a quick walk over to GF to see the Gingerbread house.

Christmas time at WDW is a must do. The decorations and atmosphere were fantastic and very festive. We went the week before Christmas (19th thru 22nd) and the crowds were VERY manageable. After last parade MK became empty. We could ride just about every ride with less than a 10 minute wait.

We have 4 studios reserved by renting points. Will the room assigners try to keep them together? They are all under different names, so I am wondering if the assigners have a way of seeing that we are together. If I were to subscribe to TP, would a fax request work for all 4, work for just one rm or not work?

I am getting a little paranoid now...

Just got back from Poly. We requested Fiji / 3rd floor. We got a wonderful 3rd floor view of the marina. We fell in love with this side of the resort. Quick walk to GCH for drink refills and the monorail stop. Easy access to pool and boat to MK. Great / quiet view over the marina. We would sit on balcony in the evening to recharge before going back into MK. Also it was a quick walk over to GF to see the Gingerbread house.

This is the exact area I want for our August trip! I am concerned as it seem to be very popular and it seems like a lot of people request it.
Did you request this area? How did you go about putting in your request?

This is the exact area I want for our August trip! I am concerned as it seem to be very popular and it seems like a lot of people request it.

when I did online check-in I asked for Fiji and higher floor ... also had my TA put away from construction and higher floor

Actually we had the end unit if facing Fiji with pool to your back it was 3rd floor way to the left. Great view and very quiet

Hope you get what you request :)

Last edited:
Super excited about our visit and do love the CL location. Snacks will be fine with us in the afternoon and whatever they have for breakfast I'm sure will be plenty. Just ready for the relaxation of the resort after a week at AOA and parks. We have ressies for Ohana and Kona for dinner so we'd be set. Thank you GADisneyDad14 for the incite. I'm a GA girl myself :)

I'm sure you'll have a great time! I think the Poly is a great place for some downtime after a week in the parks :goodvibes.

@mickeynut1 Thank you for your continuous enthusiasm, you make me even more excited to go! :lovestruc

You will be there before you know it! The Poly is an amazing resort, you're going to have a great time :wizard:.

I can't answer about the hair dryers, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :).

Hello.

Thanks.

For us, it's just a matter of preference. We prefer to have 2 queen beds so we've never booked a studio. With that said, if you don't mind the pull out sleeper sofa and would use the kitchenette, the studio might be worth it ;).

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay :yay:. As the pp said, you can book FP+ at 60 days out.

I understand that in the villa there is the sofa bed plus a small bed that folds down under the TV. In the regular room, where is the extra bed located for the 5th person?

The daybed is located against the wall over by the sliding patio door :).

Hey! Does anyone have pics of a DVC lake view room? We've NEVER stayed in any deluxe at all, so I am ecstatic! & With the lake view, does this mean we can see the fireworks from our room?

I can't help with pics, but hopefully others will have some to post. Hope you have a great time and enjoy your first deluxe stay :wizard:.

I just wanted to say BRAVO to maiapapaya and all of those who contribute to this thread. What an outstanding resource! It is threads like these that make DISboards such a special place!!

I agree :thumbsup2.

Christmas time at WDW is a must do. The decorations and atmosphere were fantastic and very festive. We went the week before Christmas (19th thru 22nd) and the crowds were VERY manageable. After last parade MK became empty. We could ride just about every ride with less than a 10 minute wait.

Glad your requests were met and that you had a great trip! I agree about Disney at Christmas time. We've been twice that time of year and all of the decorations and festivities are amazing, it's just an awesome time to go! :santa:

We have 4 studios reserved by renting points. Will the room assigners try to keep them together? They are all under different names, so I am wondering if the assigners have a way of seeing that we are together. If I were to subscribe to TP, would a fax request work for all 4, work for just one rm or not work?

I am getting a little paranoid now...

Were all 4 booked with the same owner/company? If so, you could contact them and ask them to put in a request for the rooms to be together/close by. With cash/regular reservations you can have them linked together with requests added, but I don't know if that works the same way when renting points. Hopefully others can give a definite answer or give some suggestions on what to do :flower3:.

If you don't get a room that meets your requests, you can always ask if a different room is available. It's not guaranteed that your room can be changed, but it never hurts to ask ;).

Actually we had the end unit if facing Fiji with pool to your back it was 3rd floor way to the left. Great view and very quiet

Sounds like a great view :cloud9:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter