Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Mickeynut!! :wave: How was your Christmas? I had a wonderful one, and now it's time to concentrate on Disney again! Lol.... Actually, my DD gave me several items related to Disney, so even my Christmas was about the Mouse in a way...
I haven't posted in forever, but decided to come on and check the Poly thread because my sis and I have moved our Jan. stay there, and we are excited! I know the Ceremonial House has been redone and for sure the rooms are new since we last stayed there several years ago. Anything else happened new there lately? I know you love the Poly and keep up.

Hi there grannyminnie :wave2:.

My Christmas was nice, thanks! Glad yours was great and that you got several Disney items :goodvibes. I don't get on here as much as I used to either as the days seem to fly by with not enough hours to get everything done...lol. Congrats on staying at the Poly in January! The only thing I know of that's going on is the quiet pool is under construction until spring/summer. Hopefully others will post if there are other things going on. Yes, I do love the Poly and I can't wait to get back (which, hopefully, will be in August ;)).

Hope you and your sister have a great stay! Happy planning :wizard:.

We are scheduled to check into the Poly DVC this weekend. I just received an email message about the monorail. "The monorails may be on modified service and or routes during your upcoming visit. If your plans include using this form of transportation, please check to be sure that they are your best option for you on your day of travel. Rest assured we will have other transportation options available to you."

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to check like on the my Disney experience app? Just don't want to walk to the monorail only to find out that it's not running and then need to walk to the boat. Thanks.
Nowhere to check on the app (or anywhere else that I know of) but a quick call to the front desk before you leave your room may save you some time :)

We only had one issue the week we were there, so hopefully you don't have any problems.

Hello everyone. I was just looking online for early June and the standard room views are not available, but the deluxe studio is available and it is cheaper than the lagoon view room. If we do this, is it too much further to the food and main pool? Also we would be paying Disney not DVC would we get housekeeping? Only going 2 nights but wanted to check. It looks like room is larger which is a plus, I just want to make sure it still feels like the Poly.

Thanks!

Hello everyone. I was just looking online for early June and the standard room views are not available, but the deluxe studio is available and it is cheaper than the lagoon view room. If we do this, is it too much further to the food and main pool? Also we would be paying Disney not DVC would we get housekeeping? Only going 2 nights but wanted to check. It looks like room is larger which is a plus, I just want to make sure it still feels like the Poly.

Thanks!
If you book through Disney (not DVC) you get daily housekeeping. Compared to moderate resorts, I don't think you are ever too far from GCH (food)

Nowhere to check on the app (or anywhere else that I know of) but a quick call to the front desk before you leave your room may save you some time :)

There is no way to actually call the front desk from your room. When you hit the "Front Desk" button on the phone in your room you will actually reach a CM at a Call Center off site. And I know from experience, the Call Center CMs are extremely unfamiliar with the resorts. The best bet is to hit the Concierge Desk in the AM as they will have what that days schedule is.

Thanks!

I will caveat this by noting I've only ever stayed in CL/Hawaii, so I don't have real world experience staying in any of the DVC longhouses. But, IMHO I don't think the "DVC side" longhouses are "too far" from the GCH or main pool to be a major concern. As a previous poster said, the entire Poly grounds are certainly smaller than a lot of places at Disney! A big plus is that you're on the side closest to the TTC, so super simple to get to Epcot or even use it for the resort or express lines. You're also close to the bus stop. I guess the Oasis pool and amenities could be done by June (don't rely on that), so that could be a plus as well. Enjoy your trip whatever you decide!

Thanks!
If you call to book this make sure they find it. They told me that they couldn't see where the deluxe studios were included in the discount, but I told her it was going to let me book it online. She dug deeper and found it! I already had a reservation so I had to call to switch our resort :tinker:

We checked in 2 days ago. We are here til Wed. It's been great. Except hot tub is not working today.

We are staying in Hawaii building. If anyone had questions I will try to answer.

I love it here!!! We have stayed at many resorts over the years and this one is by far the best. Imo. I love everything about it. Location, atmosphere, dining, people, view and Disney feel.

We just booked the Poly CL for April. Can you tell me how the food offerings were during the day? I've heard so many mixed reviews not sure if it is worth the extra money.

We just booked the Poly CL for April. Can you tell me how the food offerings were during the day? I've heard so many mixed reviews not sure if it is worth the extra money.

If by "during the day" you mean lunch/afternoon, Poly CL doesn't really offer more than light snacks and cookies during the day. Think snack mix, gold fish, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies. Nowhere close to being a meal replacement. They have light appetizers in the evening which I've always enjoyed, but from pics I see and what I read it would suggest Poly CL has less of a selection than other CLs. These aren't really a meal replacement either unless you are a lighter eater, or if you over indulged during the day and just want something light for dinner. We've also done CR CL (Atrium) and thought the food and selection there was just a touch better than Poly, but it wasn't fundamentally different.

For me, it's not the food that's "worth" the extra cost for CL, it's more the convenience, the location, the view, and mainly a place to grab a quick breakfast. The afternoon snacks, evening apps, and deserts are just a plus if we happen to be around.

Last edited:
If you call to book this make sure they find it. They told me that they couldn't see where the deluxe studios were included in the discount, but I told her it was going to let me book it online. She dug deeper and found it! I already had a reservation so I had to call to switch our resort :tinker:
I booked online this AM. I'm not sure what the discount is in percent but it was 95.00 less a night then a lagoon view.

I may change it if a standard room comes open. We are staying 2 nights, before the beach. I can't wait!!

Going to be arriving at the Polynesian in one week ( :-) ), with our 11 month old in tow, so we'll be washing some bottles in the room. Can anyone tell me if Moana Mercantile (or any other shops) sell dish soap?

Thanks for the assistance - trying to get a direct phone number to one of the resort shops hasn't worked so far.

We just left the Poly yesterday. We stayed in HawaiI from the 27th to the 31st and it was lovely. We were garden view and I did not notice any conconstruction noise although I could see folks were in there the one time I walked by. It was our 3yo first visit and we only did Magic Kingdom this trip. Being so close to the dock, we took the boat not the monorail every time. So convenient and pleasant! Thanks everyone on this thread. You really helped with my planning! We will definitely be back!

Going to be arriving at the Polynesian in one week ( :-) ), with our 11 month old in tow, so we'll be washing some bottles in the room. Can anyone tell me if Moana Mercantile (or any other shops) sell dish soap?

Thanks for the assistance - trying to get a direct phone number to one of the resort shops hasn't worked so far.
I am pretty sure there is, however, In the past, I have brought dish soap from home in a travel toiletry container. Also if you booked a studio, when I have payed cash for a DVC room (at other resorts) there was a small dish soap in the room. Lastly, there is a fairly new product, bounty paper towels with dawn that are dry paper towels that have dish soap in them.

Almost certain Moana has dish soap, they stock more household items now with DVC there. Another thought, I'm pretty sure you can request a microwave in your room, I think we did that once and used those microwaveable steam bottle cleaner bag things.

31 days, the secret is out & it is such a relief to talk freely about it in front of the kids! They are super excited! Of course they are requesting things I had no intention of doing, so now the tweaking begins!

How exciting :yay:. Happy planning and tweaking, hope you have a great trip! :wizard:.

Thanks!

As pp's said, the Poly isn't as spread out as much as it seems, so nothing is far away from the main areas (GCH, pool, etc) :). As far as housekeeping, Trip planner is correct in that you will get daily housekeeping if paying cash. Only when staying on points is housekeeping every 4th day.

For me, it's not the food that's "worth" the extra cost for CL, it's more the convenience, the location, the view, and mainly a place to grab a quick breakfast. The afternoon snacks, evening apps, and deserts are just a plus if we happen to be around.

We are the same when it comes to CL. The food is a nice perk, but it's not the main reason we stay CL. When we stay CL it's more for the lounge and having another place to sit and relax (with great views), rather than in the room or around the resort :goodvibes.

Your question about the dish soap has been answered, but I wanted to say hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We just left the Poly yesterday. We stayed in HawaiI from the 27th to the 31st and it was lovely. We were garden view and I did not notice any conconstruction noise although I could see folks were in there the one time I walked by. It was our 3yo first visit and we only did Magic Kingdom this trip. Being so close to the dock, we took the boat not the monorail every time. So convenient and pleasant! Thanks everyone on this thread. You really helped with my planning! We will definitely be back!

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly :goodvibes.

Thank you for the info, everyone. Happy New Year! :smickey:

Happy New Year to you too :wizard:.

If by "during the day" you mean lunch/afternoon, Poly CL doesn't really offer more than light snacks and cookies during the day. Think snack mix, gold fish, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies. Nowhere close to being a meal replacement. They have light appetizers in the evening which I've always enjoyed, but from pics I see and what I read it would suggest Poly CL has less of a selection than other CLs. These aren't really a meal replacement either unless you are a lighter eater, or if you over indulged during the day and just want something light for dinner. We've also done CR CL (Atrium) and thought the food and selection there was just a touch better than Poly, but it wasn't fundamentally different.

Super excited about our visit and do love the CL location. Snacks will be fine with us in the afternoon and whatever they have for breakfast I'm sure will be plenty. Just ready for the relaxation of the resort after a week at AOA and parks. We have ressies for Ohana and Kona for dinner so we'd be set. Thank you GADisneyDad14 for the incite. I'm a GA girl myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter