Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

We'll be using DME in Sept for the first time in several years and was curious approx what the return pick up time is? We have a 4:40 pm flight on a Fri. Is the pickup around 3 hours prior or more like 4? TIA!

For domestic flights, pickup is 3 hours before your flight time, +/- 15 minutes. Note that you'll be given the exact time the day before. In your case, your pickup time should be between 1:25 and 1:55.

Another important thing to note: the time you'll be given is the time the DME bus will LEAVE your resort, not its arrival time. You are expected to be at the DME pickup location and ready to get on the bus 15 min before the pickup time.

Steve

Apologies if this has been answered before, but how should I sign up for DME if we're doing a split stay?
Fill out the form twice - once for the arrival using the confirmation number of your first resort, then a second form for the departure using the confirmation number of the second resort. The form gives you the choice of making just a one- way trip.

Or you can call DME directly at 866 599-0951 and set it up. Don't call Disney reservations (or any other Disney number for that matter) as they will not be of much help.

Steve

Fill out the form twice - once for the arrival using the confirmation number of your first resort, then a second form for the departure using the confirmation number of the second resort. The form gives you the choice of making just a one- way trip.

Or you can call DME directly at 866 599-0951 and set it up. Don't call Disney reservations (or any other Disney number for that matter) as they will not be of much help.

Steve

Thank you!

We are planning on bringing our suitcases as carry on but we got a horrible boarding group and I am worried we will have to gate check. Does anyone know if I put the yellow tags for ME on at gate check, if they will get picked up by ME and delivered to our room? I am assuming they will but just wanted to make sure. TIA!

Thanks to Dorian we are now flying in a day earlier (Saturday instead of Sunday) which means I had to get a room at a different resort (ASM) than what my yellow DME tags (BC) have printed on them. Can I cross BC out and write ASM on them or do I need to do something else? TIA

Thanks to Dorian we are now flying in a day earlier (Saturday instead of Sunday) which means I had to get a room at a different resort (ASM) than what my yellow DME tags (BC) have printed on them. Can I cross BC out and write ASM on them or do I need to do something else? TIA

No. Don't do that. The bar code on the tags has your resort reservation on it, and it is that, not the words that will be used to direct bags to your hotel. The bar code will be incorrect and for the wrong day and chances are, your bags will end up in the airline's unclaimed luggage department. You might get lucky and have someone at DME sort it out eventually, but it's a pretty safe bet that the bags will at the very least be seriously delayed on getting to you.

Your better options are to not use the yellow tags and either 1) go get the bags yourself and take them with you on MDE, or 2) when you get to the DME check in, give your baggage claim tickets to the CM there and they will see to it that your bags are collected from baggage claim and sent to your resort. The instructions for doing that are actually on the letter that came with your yellow tags.

But don't use the existing yellow tags. And you have called DME directly at 866 599-0951 to change your arrival date, right?

Steve

No. Don't do that. The bar code on the tags has your resort reservation on it, and it is that, not the words that will be used to direct bags to your hotel. The bar code will be incorrect and for the wrong day and chances are, your bags will end up in the airline's unclaimed luggage department. You might get lucky and have someone at DME sort it out eventually, but it's a pretty safe bet that the bags will at the very least be seriously delayed on getting to you.

Your better options are to not use the yellow tags and either 1) go get the bags yourself and take them with you on MDE, or 2) when you get to the DME check in, give your baggage claim tickets to the CM there and they will see to it that your bags are collected from baggage claim and sent to your resort. The instructions for doing that are actually on the letter that came with your yellow tags.

But don't use the existing yellow tags. And you have called DME directly at 866 599-0951 to change your arrival date, right?

Steve
Thanks for the info. I called DME yesterday and was told by the very kind (and funny) cast member to "throw those yellow tags away lol) and give them my baggage claim ticket at check in. So we are all good to go YAY!

Apologies if I missed the info. I have departure set up through DVC, but can't locate anywhere to arrange arrival for POP online and the phones are crazy today. Can we just walk up to DME without a reservation? We each use a carry on, so no yellow tags needed. Thank you!

Apologies if I missed the info. I have departure set up through DVC, but can't locate anywhere to arrange arrival for POP online and the phones are crazy today. Can we just walk up to DME without a reservation? We each use a carry on, so no yellow tags needed. Thank you!

You do need a reservation for DME. Have you tried calling DME directly at 866 599-0951? That direct number shouldn't be slammed like all the Disney numbers are. Ignore the recording that says you need to go through your travel agent or Member Services.

That said, DME is not going to turn you away if you show up without a reservation. They will set it up on the spot, and get you on your way. You'll have to go to the desk, and it'll take a bit longer.

Steve

You do need a reservation for DME. Have you tried calling DME directly at 866 599-0951? That direct number shouldn't be slammed like all the Disney numbers are. Ignore the recording that says you need to go through your travel agent or Member Services.

That said, DME is not going to turn you away if you show up without a reservation. They will set it up on the spot, and get you on your way. You'll have to go to the desk, and it'll take a bit longer.

Steve
Thank you!! I'm a rule follower so when the recording said to go through the reservation system, I hung up. I will call again and set it up. Have a great day!

There is so much information in this thread, so I apologize if this has been asked before, but just looking for some opinions. We are traveling in December and our original arrival time was set for 9:22 PM (inside the 10PM window for luggage transfer). We just received an email notification from American that our flight arrival time is now 10:05PM (outside the luggage transfer window).

I am assuming MDE will no longer collect our luggage as it is outside of the window, but my question is, what if we land early (say 9:50) would they still collect? Would it make more sense to just get our own luggage (not even worry about putting the MDE tags on) and place it in the under storage of the MDE motorcoach and just take them with us to the hotel? I'm honestly leaning towards just collecting them ourselves as it is due to the late arrival to avoid the possibility of them dropping our bags off at our room at midnight anyways...but just wanted the collective thoughts of the group.

Thanks in advance for any input/insight.

There is so much information in this thread, so I apologize if this has been asked before, but just looking for some opinions. We are traveling in December and our original arrival time was set for 9:22 PM (inside the 10PM window for luggage transfer). We just received an email notification from American that our flight arrival time is now 10:05PM (outside the luggage transfer window).

I am assuming MDE will no longer collect our luggage as it is outside of the window, but my question is, what if we land early (say 9:50) would they still collect? Would it make more sense to just get our own luggage (not even worry about putting the MDE tags on) and place it in the under storage of the MDE motorcoach and just take them with us to the hotel? I'm honestly leaning towards just collecting them ourselves as it is due to the late arrival to avoid the possibility of them dropping our bags off at our room at midnight anyways...but just wanted the collective thoughts of the group.

Thanks in advance for any input/insight.
If they are still at work when the plane reaches the gate, yes. Odds are not in your favor as 10 min is too little leeway for error. If it's 10:05 by the time you get up to the gate they, off load the bags and get them inside to sort, then your bags will sit all night.

Just plan on not using the tags at all and just collect your luggage, especially that late in the evwning. You will have everything you need. (Room luggage delivery is supposed to be within 3 hours of your plane landing.)

If they are still at work when the plane reaches the gate, yes. Odds are not in your favor as 10 min is too little leeway for error. If it's 10:05 by the time you get up to the gate they, off load the bags and get them inside to sort, then your bags will sit all night.
Just plan on not using the tags at all and just collect your luggage, especially that late in the evwning. You will have everything you need. (Room luggage delivery is supposed to be within 3 hours of your plane landing.)
You cannot tell if they are still at work. So you will have to go by a clock. Everyone on the same plane should be treated the same way, so you can mark down the time when the plane door opens even if you were sitting at the back. If the video screen in the airport terminal shows the actual time of your flight's arrival instead of "ARR" then use that clock.

If the clock you use shows after 10 and you go to the carousels, file a baggage claim if your bag does not arrive, before you leave that area.

Bags picked up by Magical Express should get to your room within 3 hours of when you can.

We need to get the airport to take a shuttle for a side trip during our stay in Disney. Is it possible to use ME without a flight reservation for transportation from our hotel to the airport (and then from the airport back to our Disney hotel a few days later?).

We need to get the airport to take a shuttle for a side trip during our stay in Disney. Is it possible to use ME without a flight reservation for transportation from our hotel to the airport (and then from the airport back to our Disney hotel a few days later?).

Yes, but ONLY if you're not using DME as a means to get from MCO to your Disney resort and back already. You are entitled to ONE round trip anytime between your checkin and checkout days (inclusive).

Steve

OK. That makes sense. I have 2 different reservations. One for 3 days. We arrive at MCO and have scheduled ME to our hotel. Then we check out for 3 days and check back in to a different resort for one more night. I have the return to MCO for ME scheduled then. Would I still be "entitled" to a return to MCO on the first reservation and a one-way to our resort on the 2nd reservation?

I'm sure I'm making this way more complicated than needed. Thanks for clarifying for me!

OK. That makes sense. I have 2 different reservations. One for 3 days. We arrive at MCO and have scheduled ME to our hotel. Then we check out for 3 days and check back in to a different resort for one more night. I have the return to MCO for ME scheduled then. Would I still be "entitled" to a return to MCO on the first reservation and a one-way to our resort on the 2nd reservation?

I'm sure I'm making this way more complicated than needed. Thanks for clarifying for me!
If I understand you correctly, then yes. That first reservation entitles you to a round trip from MCO to your resort. You DO NOT have to actually be flying out of MCO to use the service. Likewise, your second reservation also entitles you to a round trip. Again, you DO NOT have to actually have a flight booked to use the service.

Call DME directly at 866 599-0951 and tell them what you want to do. Have both of your reservation numbers handy. For the trips in the middle, tell them what times you want to schedule for. They'll take care of it. Whatever you do, DO NOT call the Disney reservation number - they will not be able to help you, and are likely to, erroneously, tell you you can't do it.

Note: when you call DME, the initial recording will imply that you need to contact Disney or your travel agent to make any changes. Ignore that message.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter