(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at the GF, 11/16-11/20 for my 30th! :love:Any thoughts on if the Christmas decorations might be up by then?

Question about the spa. I see that you may use the amenities for the day of your spa treatment, which includes the use of a whirlpool/hot tub. My question is are there two whirlpools, one for men and one for women, or is it a shared whirlpool? Asking because my hubby and I are doing a couples massage and I was wondering if we could enjoy the whirlpool together or if we would need to use separate ones. Thanks!

Last edited:
We are staying at the GF, 11/16-11/20 for my 30th! :love:Any thoughts on if the Christmas decorations might be up by then?

We’ll be there 11/12-11/16! It looks like the gingerbread house went up on 11/14 last year, while the tree didn’t go up until around 11/20 (not sure of the exact date). I’m assuming the garland and other decorations around the resort typically go up whenever the tree does, but hopefully someone else can confirm. The MK park decorations will definitely already be up because of MVMCP starting on 11/8.

Have fun celebrating your 30th!

If you just wanted to visit the GF (get something to eat at gasparillas, shop and then resort hop around seven seas lagoon) will they let an Uber through the gate? We are not staying on property or have any reservations. Would hate to get to gate and be turned away. TIA.

If you just wanted to visit the GF (get something to eat at gasparillas, shop and then resort hop around seven seas lagoon) will they let an Uber through the gate? We are not staying on property or have any reservations. Would hate to get to gate and be turned away. TIA.

Don't know the answer. But worst thing, you could get dropped off at the guest parking lot across the street and simply walk across the street to the hotel. Absolutely no one would know if you are a guest or not.

Yes! We actually just did this in June! We were staying at BWV, but going on a fireworks cruise from the Polynesian. Before the cruise, we wanted to show our friends around the Grand Floridian first! (trying to convince them to stay there with us next summer! ) They did not give us any problems. Have fun!

While staying at the GF we always use a Minnie Van, Uber or Lyft to get around when were not in the mood for a bus or don't have time. Never got turned away at the gate. Once in a while we just had to show a magic band but I think that night it was very late after visiting Jelly Rolls.

Has there been any news of a re-opening date for Mizners or how it's coming along? I know they originally said fall, just wondered if there was a more specific date yet. Hoping its open for our stay at the end of October.

Has there been any news of a re-opening date for Mizners or how it's coming along? I know they originally said fall, just wondered if there was a more specific date yet. Hoping its open for our stay at the end of October.

We're friendly with a cast member at the GF and he just announced that he'll be working there full time. We ask when to expect the opening but he still doesn't know. If I hear anything I'll post.

My niece (who lives in FL) told me she was turned away at the parking lot last Dec since she was not a registered guest. She had planned to see the gingerbread house. They would not let her park her car and enter the resort.

While we take Uber often all over WDW, some security guards are more strict than others. When arriving at the Beach Club, they asked to see my husbands magic band to verify our reservation. We were also asked to show MagicBands when returning to our resort after midnight by Uber, but that didn’t surprise me due to the time.

My niece (who lives in FL) told me she was turned away at the parking lot last Dec since she was not a registered guest. She had planned to see the gingerbread house. They would not let her park her car and enter the resort.

While we take Uber often all over WDW, some security guards are more strict than others. When arriving at the Beach Club, they asked to see my husbands magic band to verify our reservation. We were also asked to show MagicBands when returning to our resort after midnight by Uber, but that didn’t surprise me due to the time.
I think the gingerbread house season is an extenuating circumstance. If guards let everyone through that just wanted to view the gingerbread house there would be no parking. An ADR would guarantee access during peak times, but the resort dining is actually much fuller when it is up. I imagine the walking path to MK will only make parking at GF even harder going forward during both high and low seasons.

I think the gingerbread house season is an extenuating circumstance. If guards let everyone through that just wanted to view the gingerbread house there would be no parking. An ADR would guarantee access during peak times, but the resort dining is actually much fuller when it is up. I imagine the walking path to MK will only make parking at GF even harder going forward during both high and low seasons.

I definitely agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter