Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Just wanted to give a quick review of our room at big pine key

These are the most thinnest walls I have ever been in. You hear entire conversations. Babies crying like they are in your room. Had two separate rooms with same issues

You hear the toilets flushing from other rooms

Noise isolation is just not good

I knew this was possible based on reviews but didn’t think it would bother me so much, but it did. Won’t stay here again.

If you’re booked in the resort studios, just be advised it’s possible you’ll have the same experience. I never had this at any other Disney resort.

On the positive, the rooms are so beautiful. Shame for the resort studios though that they are in the building with no isolation. Rooms are very big. Balcony is big. Staff has been AMAZING. Great people. Great front desk. Brought in a fan to try and help with noise. Bellman said it’s a known issue. Beautiful grounds and lobby. I guess I’ll have to try the original villas next time if I want to try again

For the amount of money spent, it’s a shame. But hey, it’s Disney, gotta enjoy it
Bummer, but thanks for the warning. I’ve got 4 nights on a points rental in a resort studio later this summer. Guess I’ll throw in some ear plugs.

Bummer, but thanks for the warning. I’ve got 4 nights on a points rental in a resort studio later this summer. Guess I’ll throw in some ear plugs.

I got lucky the last night cause the baby checked out. Was wonderful night of sleep.

They will do whatever they can do to accommodate you

Good morning from the Grand! We moved to Poly from YC this morning and just enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at GFC. Figured I would share some construction update pics while we are waiting for our spa appt. Sago looks basically done. Also there is a G-Flo Glow Party apparently! IMG_5814.jpegIMG_5813.jpeg

Good morning from the Grand! We moved to Poly from YC this morning and just enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at GFC. Figured I would share some construction update pics while we are waiting for our spa appt. Sago looks basically done. Also there is a G-Flo Glow Party apparently! View attachment 764298View attachment 764296
Thank you! Hope you’re having a great trip!!! Enjoy your spa day and happy birthday to you!! 🥳

The Glow Party is cute for small kids! They have all glow in the dark items for the kids with music! Took pass-by pictures while we were out and about one evening in Nov. Sorry they’re not good.

IMG_7498.jpeg
IMG_7499.jpeg

Can someone help me figure out which suites are in the main building please.
I know @mrsap has the suite views by building listed in post 1, but it's not lining up with the language currently being used for the 2024 bookings that were released today.

Are these all in the main building?
1 Bedroom Suite- Club Level
2 Bedroom Suite- Club Level
Disney Suite
Grand Suite
Victorian Suite

Are all of the rest in Sugar Loaf with RPC access?

Thanks. It took me forever to get access to the website today and now I'm a little frustrated. I really want to book some hard to get reservations for next year while some good (for me) dates are still available.

Good morning from the Grand! We moved to Poly from YC this morning and just enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at GFC. Figured I would share some construction update pics while we are waiting for our spa appt. Sago looks basically done. Also there is a G-Flo Glow Party apparently!

I’m so excited for you!! I hope you are having a perfect trip.

I apologize, I did not update them. Disney just changed them about a week ago. I honestly forgot they were even on there.
No apology needed! I'm sure it's a huge task and I appreciate everything you share. I'm just looking for some help figuring it all out.

Last edited:
I know @mrsap has the suite views by building listed in post 1, but it's not lining up with the language currently being used for the 2024 bookings that were released today.

Disney Suite
Grand Suite
Victorian Suite

Thanks. It took me forever to get access to the website today and now I'm a little frustrated. I really want to book some hard to get reservations for next year while some good (for me) dates are still available.
There are suites in various Outer Buildings w/RPC access. I know Sago has a couple along w/Sugar Loaf. Not sure what other buildings.

Disney Suite
Grand Suite
Victorian Suite

I think the Touring Plans room finder shows suites in the outer buildings. Looks like they have the suites listed under room types: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-grand-floridian-resort

Hope this helps a little!

Disney Suite
Grand Suite
Victorian Suite

We stayed in all of the suites you mentioned except the Roy Disney Suite and all of the those suite types
are in the Main Building aka RPC and I included the room numbers for the ones I know.

The Grand Suite #4001, 5th Floor

The Victorian Suite, not sure of the exact room number but it is on the 5th Floor

2 Bedroom Suite #4002, 5th Floor

1 Bedroom Suite #4026, 5th Floor

The Disney Suite x2
- Walt #4411,4th floor
- Roy #4311, 3rd floor

There are suites in all of the buildings and I think since SL is no longer CL you will have access to RPC

Hope this helps!

Guests With Dining Reservations at Grand Floridian Directed to Park Away From Resort in Backstage Cast Member Parking Lot

Guests with dining reservations at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa are being directed to park not in the resort parking lot, but across the street in a Cast Member parking lot. Access to the lot is being controlled by a resort Cast Member who is checking for dining reservations before allowing guests to park – similar to what you’d expect from the gate at any Disney World resort.

Guests park in a Cast Member parking lot and then cross Floridian Way before making the walk to the resort proper. Cast Members we spoke with did not know how long this procedure would be in place.

I guess I’ll have to try the original villas next time if I want to try again

Did you do something specific this time to get big Pine?

We arrive next week for a 1 day before a cruise. Was actually hoping for Big Pine before I saw this.

Did you do something specific this time to get big Pine?

We arrive next week for a 1 day before a cruise. Was actually hoping for Big Pine before I saw this.
Big Pine is the resort studios rooms version of DVC. They are not located in the DVC building. Deluxe studios are only in the main DVC building.

Any update on construction in the main building? I heard it was supposed to start June 1 but haven't seen any postings on this.. Also any idea of the contruction in July will be in the rooms or the lobby? We will be there July 13-19 and hoping the lobby won't be ripped up too much by then. I would think the lobby refurb would be done by the July 1 anniversary of the GF?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!