Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Anyone at the GF had experience with crowds at the splash pad area? Is it as crowded as the pools? Thinking of switching to GF next week if the splash pad at poly is still closed. Thanks!

Thank you!

Can you please get some of the private dining menu? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! Can you keep an eye on the pool situation there? As in, how busy it is and if it appears to reach capacity to the point where they aren't letting anyone else in? And I agree with previous poster -- I'd love to see the room service menu, too! Enjoy your stay!

When I’m not on my phone, I’ll see if I can rotate these so they aren’t sideways. :upsidedow

CE995BCF-53C9-48A0-8037-3181D1EFB2FD.jpeg19D89A97-5826-4DDD-BD4C-ACA94BD6E672.jpeg84651AB3-D5C8-48C3-B4BA-816E62721B90.jpegDBFB3E21-26C4-4880-B123-D7FD6792AFEB.jpegF39A0D07-B979-4DB9-9DBD-612D751192A3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised that we got dessert brought to our cabana today! Also, a photo of the resort’s planned Easter activities.

View attachment 566791View attachment 566792
Awesome! Enjoy! I hope we get something like that Memorial Day weekend, but it could be an Easter thing. Please keep the pictures coming! I’m so excited...you’d think I’ve never been to Disney or something lol!

Awesome! Enjoy! I hope we get something like that Memorial Day weekend, but it could be an Easter thing. Please keep the pictures coming! I’m so excited...you’d think I’ve never been to Disney or something lol!

I haven’t rented a cabana at GF in awhile, but have at YC/BC, and they bring an afternoon dessert tray. It’s always right around when you’re ready for a little afternoon munchies. FWIW!

Crazy rope drop person here 🙋🏻‍♀️ I’m guessing a line starts building along the walkway to MK before they open security checks heading into MK. What time would you suggest planning to be at that security check if you wanted to be among the very first groups?

Just back from a stay at the Grand Floridian. I've been many times and have always loved it. But this time - O.M.G. - the new Walking Path to the MK is AWESOME! Total next-level game changer. We loved it. Walked back from the MK every night. It was great not to have to wait for the monorail or the boat at closing time. We loved it so much that we talked about whether or not we can live without it on future trips. I have an October reservation at the Poly, but am seriously considering switching. GF has always been my favorite resort hotel, with the Poly a very close second. It's always been a toss-up for me and I usually pick based on best price/room availability. That said, the new GF walking path is huge and I have to say that it puts the Grand much more firmly into 1st place for me. (Yes, I know you can walk from the Poly to the GF and then take the path if you want, but that's a bit too long of a walk for my taste). My room this time was interesting. I had a 4th floor dormer in Sugar Loaf. I really like the Sugar Loaf (former Club) building due to its excellent location right outside of the main building, next to the Courtyard Pool (which I prefer) and right by Gaspy's. This was my first time in a dormer room and I found it kind of interesting. At first I didn't like it. I liked the dormer ceiling. Didn't love the smaller sliding glass door and smaller balcony. However, that balcony grew on me. While it is smaller, it's very private, which is very cool. Especially now during Covid, when it seemed that lots of families were eating meals out on their balconies. The balcony is also much more protected from the elements, which was nice on this trip as we had several windy days and the private balcony side walls blocked the wind very effectively. I wouldn't go out of my way to request a dormer room, but I did end up liking it quite a lot.

I may see you. My friend and family at gf this weekend as well. I’ll be over at BLT.

We met through a mutual friend from here on dis. Now we always visit if even just for a drink. Last March they visited me at GF in RPC when they were at BWI cl. Hard to believe it’s been a year. We usually see it other a few times year,

I will say we like A&C, prices are not too high, service was good and they have stand by seating too. Both of our YC stays this year we went there.

Oh! Cl people ! I found RPC Abdul at the market in YC, He works there currently. He was so happy to see a familiar face!
I know of another RPC CM that's over at the YC/BC. If anyone sees Vonnie say Hi to her, but I think she's there permanently as she left the GF before covid

I haven’t rented a cabana at GF in awhile, but have at YC/BC, and they bring an afternoon dessert tray. It’s always right around when you’re ready for a little afternoon munchies. FWIW!
Funny that you mention that because DH and I were trying to remember whether or not BC/YC have cabanas...until I looked it up on their DIS page lol. I may have to try YC sometime now just to try out the cabana!

We are only six days away from our short visit to GF, Apr 12-15. I called Disney reservations to add my room request, which was a nice view, and the CM said she liked my attitude. :) I really don't want a dormer balcony like I had in January, but decided not add that to the request. I want the nice view and we'll see if we get it. :)

We are super excited to be staying at the GF. We usually stay at an Epcot resort because we love being able to walk into Epcot. But the walking path to MK is a game changer and we'll be able to hop into MK at night, something we never (almost never) do when we stay at an Epcot resort. I just wish there were some fireworks to watch.

We have dinner reservations at Narcoossee's but are going to "wing it" for our other two nights. We have lots of plans, though. We have never been to the beach pool and that is at the top of my list. :)

We are only six days away from our short visit to GF, Apr 12-15. I called Disney reservations to add my room request, which was a nice view, and the CM said she liked my attitude. :) I really don't want a dormer balcony like I had in January, but decided not add that to the request. I want the nice view and we'll see if we get it. :)

We are super excited to be staying at the GF. We usually stay at an Epcot resort because we love being able to walk into Epcot. But the walking path to MK is a game changer and we'll be able to hop into MK at night, something we never (almost never) do when we stay at an Epcot resort. I just wish there were some fireworks to watch.

We have dinner reservations at Narcoossee's but are going to "wing it" for our other two nights. We have lots of plans, though. We have never been to the beach pool and that is at the top of my list. :)

I hope you have a wonderful trip and dinner!!! Please take lots of pictures for us!!!!!

I've stayed at the GF many times and have had a great view every time. I don't know how you can go wrong there. It's a beautiful property! Enjoy your stay and enjoy your dinner at Narcoosee's. I usually eat there each time I visit, but just walk up and have dinner at the bar (there are a few tables in the bar area, and the bar itself has normal height dining chairs, so you're not perched on a barstool trying to eat dinner). Last week during Spring Break I timed my walk-up bar dinner at Narcoosee's in time for the Electrical Water Pageant, which was entertaining to watch while dining. I had the scallops, which were wonderful. My daughters and I also ate dinner one night at the bar at Enchanted Rose (up on the 2nd floor of the main building). We sat at a table on the balcony overlooking the pool as it was a nice night. We enjoyed the flatbread, sliders, and mac & cheese. We also had lunch at the always excellent Grand Floridian Cafe and Lobster Sliders for lunch at the Beaches Pool Bar one day (the Lobster Sliders are similar to a Lobster Roll, if you've ever been out east). There are really good smoothies at the Beaches Pool Bar, so check them out if you like smoothies. Last week, I hung out mainly at the Courtyard pool, which is much bigger than the Beaches pool and was not as busy with kids (because the Beaches pool has a slide). Have fun!

I've stayed at the GF many times and have had a great view every time. I don't know how you can go wrong there. It's a beautiful property! Enjoy your stay and enjoy your dinner at Narcoosee's. I usually eat there each time I visit, but just walk up and have dinner at the bar (there are a few tables in the bar area, and the bar itself has normal height dining chairs, so you're not perched on a barstool trying to eat dinner). Last week during Spring Break I timed my walk-up bar dinner at Narcoosee's in time for the Electrical Water Pageant, which was entertaining to watch while dining. I had the scallops, which were wonderful. My daughters and I also ate dinner one night at the bar at Enchanted Rose (up on the 2nd floor of the main building). We sat at a table on the balcony overlooking the pool as it was a nice night. We enjoyed the flatbread, sliders, and mac & cheese. We also had lunch at the always excellent Grand Floridian Cafe and Lobster Sliders for lunch at the Beaches Pool Bar one day (the Lobster Sliders are similar to a Lobster Roll, if you've ever been out east). There are really good smoothies at the Beaches Pool Bar, so check them out if you like smoothies. Last week, I hung out mainly at the Courtyard pool, which is much bigger than the Beaches pool and was not as busy with kids (because the Beaches pool has a slide). Have fun!
Thanks for the tip about eating at the bar. I make my ADRs for my split stay next week and I am in freak out mode. Everything is so hard to reserve right now.

My daughters and I also ate dinner one night at the bar at Enchanted Rose (up on the 2nd floor of the main building). We sat at a table on the balcony overlooking the pool as it was a nice night. We enjoyed the flatbread, sliders, and mac & cheese. We also had lunch at the always excellent Grand Floridian Cafe and Lobster Sliders for lunch at the Beaches Pool Bar one day (the Lobster Sliders are similar to a Lobster Roll, if you've ever been out east). There are really good smoothies at the Beaches Pool Bar, so check them out if you like smoothies.
Thanks for all the ideas of places to eat at the GF. That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I never would have thought of Enchanted Rose, but it sounds wonderful. We don't have lobsters sliders or rolls in the Midwest but I know they are popular at WDW. :) I love smoothies and didn't know the Beaches Pool Bar had them. We will have to check it all out. :)

Thanks for the tip about eating at the bar. I make my ADRs for my split stay next week and I am in freak out mode. Everything is so hard to reserve right now.
Glad to help! I prefer being flexible in terms of dining, and like walking up and eating at the bar. Narcoosee's is great for that, as is the bar at Tiffins. California Grill bar is another possibility. The Enchanted Rose had great decor, a lot of tables indoors and out, and good food. Also, when you go to the Mobile Order food on your MDE app, you'll see options for The Wave To-Go and Kona To-Go if you like those places and don't mind running over to grab your food. I failed to mention Gasparilla's Grill, which has an excellent Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup and a very good gourmet mac & cheese along with all of the other typical quick-serve items. Do not sweat the ADR's. Keep in mind that ADR hoarders drop their reservations a day or two in advance. I picked up next-day ADR's for Be Our Guest and Oga's Cantina. I could have picked up any MK restaurant ADR that I wanted and quite a few DHS restaurants. Some restaurants have increased capacity by using adjacent spots as overflow - for example, Grand Floridian Cafe is using 1900 Park Fare as overflow seating. Liberty Tree is using Diamond Horseshoe as overflow seating, so both of those restaurants have tons of availability. Hope that helps!

Thanks for all the ideas of places to eat at the GF. That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I never would have thought of Enchanted Rose, but it sounds wonderful. We don't have lobsters sliders or rolls in the Midwest but I know they are popular at WDW. :) I love smoothies and didn't know the Beaches Pool Bar had them. We will have to check it all out. :)
Enchanted Rose is a very pretty location and the food was excellent. As for smoothies.... my favorite smoothie is The Raspberry Colada at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It's awesome. Beaches Pool Bar has a similar berry/coconut/pineapple smoothie that's almost as good, and an excellent Strawberry Smoothie. In addition to the lobster sliders, the Beaches Pool Bar & Grill has a burger that my daughter said was excellent (it looked really good). Courtyard Pool Bar also has sandwiches and a slushie-type smoothie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter