Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I just booked a Poolside Patio in May for the Beach Pool. I have seen the poolside patios at the Courtyard pool but never at the Beach Pool. Has anyone booked these? any pictures you can share?

The poolside patios by the Beach Pool are located next to the kids splash pad. Here is a picture from Page 1. I hope that helps!

ETA: I just did a quick search online and found this video of the pools at the Grand Floridian. She will show you the Splash pad poolside patios toward the end of the video! I hope it’s helpful for you.

Last edited:
Wow - that is a big jump! Good to know...I was wondering about the AP discount too. I had heard there was one, but didn't see it listed on the website, so also good to know! I want the guaranteed space too, at least for a day!

I agree...I'm not traveling until June, so who knows what things will be like then, but with limited capacity and no fastpasses, it definitely feels different trying to plan this trip, so an afternoon by the pool with a guaranteed spot is definitely appealing!
Man, you guys are really talking me into a cabana.

We’ve been so busy doing the parks at rope drop and then night hopping that I haven’t been able to check in much, apologies.

As I am here at the GF until Saturday morning, let me offer my services to those who have any specific questions or photo requests, I’m happy to pay it forward as a way to thank the many veterans in this thread who helped me prepare for my trip. Anything I can do, please ask.

I may see you. My friend and family at gf this weekend as well. I’ll be over at BLT.

We met through a mutual friend from here on dis. Now we always visit if even just for a drink. Last March they visited me at GF in RPC when they were at BWI cl. Hard to believe it’s been a year. We usually see it other a few times year,

I will say we like A&C, prices are not too high, service was good and they have stand by seating too. Both of our YC stays this year we went there.

Oh! Cl people ! I found RPC Abdul at the market in YC, He works there currently. He was so happy to see a familiar face!

I may see you. My friend and family at gf this weekend as well. I’ll be over at BLT.

We met through a mutual friend from here on dis. Now we always visit if even just for a drink. Last March they visited me at GF in RPC when they were at BWI cl. Hard to believe it’s been a year. We usually see it other a few times year,

I will say we like A&C, prices are not too high, service was good and they have stand by seating too. Both of our YC stays this year we went there.

Oh! Cl people ! I found RPC Abdul at the market in YC, He works there currently. He was so happy to see a familiar face!

Thank you for the info about Abdul - we think of him often and also Ms. Lauretta and wondered how all of this was affecting them. So miss RPC!

We have a three night stay coming up at the GF from April 12-15th. We will be concentrating our activities in the MK resort area, including spending lots of time at the resort. We haven't stayed here in a few years and that was in December when it was too cold to really enjoy the pools. And we were able to get an ADR at Narcoossee's thanks to Touring Plans reservation finder. :)

What time do they open the walkway to MK? I understand that it is locked at the bridge overnight.

We’ve been so busy doing the parks at rope drop and then night hopping that I haven’t been able to check in much, apologies.

As I am here at the GF until Saturday morning, let me offer my services to those who have any specific questions or photo requests, I’m happy to pay it forward as a way to thank the many veterans in this thread who helped me prepare for my trip. Anything I can do, please ask.

Thank you!

Can you please get some of the private dining menu? It would be greatly appreciated.

Just have a great time!!!!

Thanks! Can you keep an eye on the pool situation there? As in, how busy it is and if it appears to reach capacity to the point where they aren't letting anyone else in? And I agree with previous poster -- I'd love to see the room service menu, too! Enjoy your stay!

Is all the rooms in the Main Building not being booked now? We wanted to stay in main building and we are not going till next year dont know yet if it will be May or Dec? Do you think by then everything will be back to Normal? and if we have to stay in a outer building which is closer to transportation and dining?

Is GF accessible to all visitors via boat from MK? I'm hoping to stop in just to tour around and go to the new lounge next week, but I'm not clear on current policies. Thanks!

Is all the rooms in the Main Building not being booked now? We wanted to stay in main building and we are not going till next year dont know yet if it will be May or Dec? Do you think by then everything will be back to Normal? and if we have to stay in a outer building which is closer to transportation and dining?

Someone just reported recently (a couple pages back) they asked to be switched to the Main Building and were denied. Another Diser reported they were upgraded at check-in to the Main Building. It seems as they are only using it right now for random upgrades.

Thank you! Can you please get some of the private dining menu? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Can you keep an eye on the pool situation there? As in, how busy it is and if it appears to reach capacity to the point where they aren't letting anyone else in? And I agree with previous poster -- I'd love to see the room service menu, too! Enjoy your stay!

As far as the room service menu goes, they are selections from the standard menu at the Grand Floridian Café. Instead of that, we used the MDE app to place an order at Gasparilla‘s and just walked across the courtyard to pick it up. Much better selection, and frankly far more affordable that way.

The pool situation at the Courtyard Pool is this: reasonably crowded between 8 AM and 1 PM, and then all hell breaks loose from 1 PM until 5 PM as the morning park crowd shuffles in. If you don’t have a couple of lounges and an umbrella lined up before noon you are going to spend a lot of time wandering around giving people the eye and hoping they get up and leave. There are a lot of people sitting around the edge of the pool as they have no place to sit, strollers are parked in many random open spaces, and there’s a woman in a motorized scooter that won’t leave the foot of my lounge chair at present. It’s just about to the point of being uncomfortable because people are not wearing masks and hovering.

Spend $165 and get a poolside patio. It alleviates all of this drama and put you back in a slight corner where you actually have privacy from anything else that’s going on. It comes with snacks and beverages, and in the context of how much an overall Disney vacation costs, it’s peanuts.

As far as the room service menu goes, they are selections from the standard menu at the Grand Floridian Café. Instead of that, we used the MDE app to place an order at Gasparilla‘s and just walked across the courtyard to pick it up. Much better selection, and frankly far more affordable that way.

The pool situation at the Courtyard Pool is this: reasonably crowded between 8 AM and 1 PM, and then all hell breaks loose from 1 PM until 5 PM as the morning park crowd shuffles in. If you don’t have a couple of lounges and an umbrella lined up before noon you are going to spend a lot of time wandering around giving people the eye and hoping they get up and leave. There are a lot of people sitting around the edge of the pool as they have no place to sit, strollers are parked in many random open spaces, and there’s a woman in a motorized scooter that won’t leave the foot of my lounge chair at present. It’s just about to the point of being uncomfortable because people are not wearing masks and hovering.

Spend $165 and get a poolside patio. It alleviates all of this drama and put you back in a slight corner where you actually have privacy from anything else that’s going on. It comes with snacks and beverages, and in the context of how much an overall Disney vacation costs, it’s peanuts.

Thanks for the rundown...yikes on the pool situation though. You’re making me really glad I decided to get a cabana. Honestly, considering I was supposed to be in RPC for this trip, seems like a small price to pay to avoid craziness.

Hope it calms down and you can relax a bit more.

Thank you! The pool situation at every resort sounds a bit dire. Yikes!

Thank you! The pool situation at every resort sounds a bit dire. Yikes!

Just asked the person in charge of the Courtyard Pool if they cap it and prevent too many people from overloading it and she said no, they only do that at the Beach Pool.

So, no one at GF will be denied pool access but that also means that it can get very crowded with no control or supervision. It’s 4:00 and things are calming down now as people are starting to leave but it was uncomfortable from 1:30 to 3:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter