Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

I don’t think it was all due to the Tower being the last stop, but it was a significant part. I expected to wait - but 30, 40 minutes was over the top bad and got my days off to a rough start
Sometimes the buses fill up and don’t even make it to the tower for you to see they were there and that sounds like what happened to you. This has been a problem from the beginning, ridiculous they still haven’t increased buses to CSR in the morning to fix this.

The work around is to walk to casistas bus stop and catch the bus there. All park buses hit that stop empty first thing in the morning.

Sometimes the buses fill up and don’t even make it to the tower for you to see they were there and that sounds like what happened to you. This has been a problem from the beginning, ridiculous they still haven’t increased buses to CSR in the morning to fix this.

The work around is to walk to casistas bus stop and catch the bus there. All park buses hit that stop empty first thing in the morning.
If you know, could you say approximately how far a walk the Casitas bus stop is from GDT? We're staying at GDT in May and I'd like to be prepared. Thank you!

I agree. I was on at least 2-3 buses that never even stopped at the tower. And about 2-3 more that could only fit a few people which left many waiting for the next bus.

that is what happened, and I wasn’t the only one frustrated. I agree that they need more buses. Walking to casitas bus stop is a good idea, but I didn’t want to work up a sweat so early in the morning, and after the first day, I could barely walk, my blisters were so bad, lol

It's 5 mins at my walking pace. Probably 7-8 mins for the average person.
That sounds way better to me than waiting for a bus that might not be able to accommodate us.

Now I have to figure out where the Casitas bus stop is! Should I make a right turn or a left turn when I walk out of GDT?

That sounds way better to me than waiting for a bus that might not be able to accommodate us.

Now I have to figure out where the Casitas bus stop is! Should I make a right turn or a left turn when I walk out of GDT?
It is behind the Casitas 4 parking lot. Turn left when you exit the tower.

Keep walking until you see the Casitas 4 quiet pool, then turn left again and keep going past the fitness center to the parking lot. Once you reach the parking lot you will see the bus stop on the main road.

Casitas 4 has always been our favorite location at CSR, long before there was a tower.

It is behind the Casitas 4 parking lot. Turn left when you exit the tower.

Keep walking until you see the Casitas 4 quiet pool, then turn left again and keep going past the fitness center to the parking lot. Once you reach the parking lot you will see the bus stop on the main road.

Casitas 4 has always been our favorite location at CSR, long before there was a tower.
Thank you so much! I've saved the email with your post in it so I'll have it for our trip. Much appreciated.

Thank you so much! I've saved the email with your post in it so I'll have it for our trip. Much appreciated.
You can always bring up the resort map on the my Disney experience app and select where you want to go and it will give you directions. You can see the bus stop locations and the times that the buses are expected to arrive on the app as well once you're checked in.

So weird hearing about bus issues, I never had a problem with them when I stayed in the tower on July 4th weekend a couple years ago. Only trying to get home post fireworks from MK where dispatching was clearly messed up. But I always got a seat at the tower stop and never waited long at all. Maybe it’s because I always got on the first one for rope drop? Funny enough it was the one trip where I didn’t feel the need to rideshare everywhere bc the buses were so bad (looking at you POFQ).

Staying at CSR in May (hopefully Casitas) and would love to see the fireworks a night or 2 from the resort. Is there a place we can stand/sit to get a glimpse, or must we dine or drink at the lounge?

Staying at CSR in May (hopefully Casitas) and would love to see the fireworks a night or 2 from the resort. Is there a place we can stand/sit to get a glimpse, or must we dine or drink at the lounge?
Anywhere around the lagoon will give you views of the high fireworks. Or if you can find a spot on the 4th floor of Casitas 4 or 5 without trees blocking your view. The views used to be better, the tower blocks out most of the fireworks now.

Restaurant and lounge at top of tower will give you the best views.

Hello!

We're staying at the Tower next week, and I was wondering if it's possible to plug a Firestick into the TV's? I've done some Googling and I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Thanks!

Restaurant and lounge at top of tower will give you the best views.

Yes, I accidentally stumbled on the fireworks when I went up to Dahlia Lounge on the top floor of the tower for a drink on their balcony around 8:50pm haha. There was plenty of room for people to stand around but if you wanted to sit somewhere to watch you may have to stake out a spot earlier.

Hello!

We're staying at the Tower next week, and I was wondering if it's possible to plug a Firestick into the TV's? I've done some Googling and I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Thanks!
Yes.

If you Google Firestick on Disney Resort TV, several threads will pop up with info on how to bypass lock out screens, if they happen to pop up, and get the best quality stream.

So weird hearing about bus issues, I never had a problem with them when I stayed in the tower on July 4th weekend a couple years ago. Only trying to get home post fireworks from MK where dispatching was clearly messed up. But I always got a seat at the tower stop and never waited long at all. Maybe it’s because I always got on the first one for rope drop? Funny enough it was the one trip where I didn’t feel the need to rideshare everywhere bc the buses were so bad (looking at you POFQ).
Agreed. I had no issue in November 2022

You may not know you’re being skipped when staying at the tower since several buses didn’t even pull that way. They just went straight to the park.

I will say I did see several buses for the same park roll through a few times. Makes me think they knew the issue and were trying to get everyone to a park quickly.

I have no complaints about the bus service and we stayed during jersey week when crowds were pretty high. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at CSR again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter