Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Should I get it ahead of time or upon arrival?
The communication between the CL and myself definitely came before arrival. I just can't remember if it was by phone, email or letter. This was on both my stays at CL/CSR

Last edited:
Wasn't sure if this was a question more for the Transportation board, but I thought it'd be better if I gave people who had experience of already having stayed at Coronado a chance to give their expert opinions first.

We'll be at CSR for the first time ever later this year, but will have a rental car and will quite likely drive to most of the theme parks. However for Magic Kingdom the fact that the bus drops you right outside instead of having to park at the TTC makes me think that might be a better option.

Bearing in mind that we are going to want to do Early Entry, so looking to get to MK well before 8am (assuming normal opening is 9am), what would you go for? Hope there's an early enough bus, or drive yourself/park at TTC/ferry or monorail to MK?

Because we're not usually off-site guests (last time on-site was 2011!) this isn't something we normally have to factor in, so help from people who do this more regularly than us would be much appreciated.

Wasn't sure if this was a question more for the Transportation board, but I thought it'd be better if I gave people who had experience of already having stayed at Coronado a chance to give their expert opinions first.

We'll be at CSR for the first time ever later this year, but will have a rental car and will quite likely drive to most of the theme parks. However for Magic Kingdom the fact that the bus drops you right outside instead of having to park at the TTC makes me think that might be a better option.

Bearing in mind that we are going to want to do Early Entry, so looking to get to MK well before 8am (assuming normal opening is 9am), what would you go for? Hope there's an early enough bus, or drive yourself/park at TTC/ferry or monorail to MK?

Yes, using the MK bus from Coronado is what I've done from there (and at Pop, CBR, etc.) even when I have my usual rental car. And yes, there will be an early-enough bus so the advantage of being dropped at the gate outweighs driving.

Might want to check prices on upcoming stays to make sure you’re still getting the best deal. Disney has dropped a number of discounts over the last couple weeks.

Just noticed today the price for my 5 night Mar CSR stay dropped $50. I hadn’t been actively watching it as I didn’t expect anything to change, same discount and dates but the price dropped a bit so that’s nice!

I just booked 2 nights in the Tower at the end of April, thanks to the sale. We all ready had rented points to stay at the Grand Floridian for 3 nights at the beginning of May; it's a "make up" trip to use the 2 park days we lost in September to Hurricane Ian. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to extend the trip, and now I'm so excited to experience the newer additions to this resort! I've previously stayed at CSR 3 times, but all were before the newer restaurants and updates.

I just booked 2 nights in the Tower at the end of April, thanks to the sale. We all ready had rented points to stay at the Grand Floridian for 3 nights at the beginning of May; it's a "make up" trip to use the 2 park days we lost in September to Hurricane Ian. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to extend the trip, and now I'm so excited to experience the newer additions to this resort! I've previously stayed at CSR 3 times, but all were before the newer restaurants and updates.
If you liked it before you will love it now!

Good morning! Staying at CSR again next month (sad that there was no availability for our dates in GDT, I stayed there in December for the first time and fell in love!)

We have a Preferred Room booked, are there any areas in particular to request, i.e. Building or Floor?

Good morning! Staying at CSR again next month (sad that there was no availability for our dates in GDT, I stayed there in December for the first time and fell in love!)

We have a Preferred Room booked, are there any areas in particular to request, i.e. Building or Floor?
Preferred is only Casitas 1-3 - I don't know that which makes all that much difference. 1 would be closest to the main building complex, but really any are not far.

I personally always request the highest floor to avoid steps above me.

You could always keep checking for tower availability, sometimes something pops last min.

You could always keep checking for tower availability, sometimes something pops last min.

We have been! Unfortunately it's during school vacation week so there isn't much available (god help me!), my niece is a teacher and can only get that week off next month. I'm coming in a couple of days earlier to catch the end of the Arts Festival, I'm hoping it won't be too crazy at the beginning of the trip.

I just booked our first stay at WDW in years, a week at CSR in August. Last time we were at Disney we stayed in a preferred room at POFQ, so thinking about the sheer size of CSR is a little overwhelming, but we are super excited to celebrate our daughter's graduation with Mickey.

My question is - if we do go ahead and buy refillable mugs, is there anywhere to refill them other than at the Mercado in the main building?

I'm trying to figure out if mugs will work well for us, or if we should have some pop delivered with grocery delivery. I am not imagining wanting to trek 10 or 15 min to get a diet coke refill when we're sitting at the pool, or to go get coffee in the morning.

I just booked our first stay at WDW in years, a week at CSR in August. Last time we were at Disney we stayed in a preferred room at POFQ, so thinking about the sheer size of CSR is a little overwhelming, but we are super excited to celebrate our daughter's graduation with Mickey.

My question is - if we do go ahead and buy refillable mugs, is there anywhere to refill them other than at the Mercado in the main building?

I'm trying to figure out if mugs will work well for us, or if we should have some pop delivered with grocery delivery. I am not imagining wanting to trek 10 or 15 min to get a diet coke refill when we're sitting at the pool, or to go get coffee in the morning.

You can refill at the pool, El Mercado, the coffee/pastry shop by the gift shop and also any other resort you go visit.
While CSR is our favorite resort to stay at for now, based on previous trips, there are other resorts that hold our favorite snacks or entrées so we have a tendency to resort hop a bit for meals. The cups can be used there too.

You can refill at the pool, El Mercado, the coffee/pastry shop by the gift shop and also any other resort you go visit.
While CSR is our favorite resort to stay at for now, based on previous trips, there are other resorts that hold our favorite snacks or entrées so we have a tendency to resort hop a bit for meals. The cups can be used there too.

I didn't know you could refill at different resorts, thanks for the tip!

Thank you! It sounds like if we are assigned a room close to the pool or El Centro then it may be ok, otherwise maybe not be worth picking up a mug. We will probably only be at the pool a little while each evening.

Thank you! It sounds like if we are assigned a room close to the pool or El Centro then it may be ok, otherwise maybe not be worth picking up a mug. We will probably only be at the pool a little while each evening.

One thing to be aware of is that the pool is closed off when it is not open, so I don't know that it would be accessible when the pool is closed.

One thing to be aware of is that the pool is closed off when it is not open, so I don't know that it would be accessible when the pool is closed.
The pool is open from either 9 AM or 10 AM, depending on season, until 10 PM.

The self serve drink station is available from 11 AM to 9 PM daily, although we have been at the pool around 10:30 AM and they have already had the drink station open. They do close it up pretty promptly at 10 PM though.

The actual pool area has its own fencing and separate gates than the counter service food/bar and other activities areas. The kids have stayed in the area until well after midnight playing ping pong and corn hole. They only make you vacate the actual pool secured area.

The pool is open from either 9 AM or 10 AM, depending on season, until 10 PM.

The self serve drink station is available from 11 AM to 9 PM daily, although we have been at the pool around 10:30 AM and they have already had the drink station open. They do close it up pretty promptly at 10 PM though.

The actual pool area has its own fencing and separate gates than the counter service food/bar and other activities areas. The kids have stayed in the area until well after midnight playing ping pong and corn hole. They only make you vacate the actual pool secured area.

Thanks. So basically if you're rope drop to close, it's not going to be a helpful place. Actually neither would El Mercado.

Siestas is not inside the pool fence area but I believe the openings coincide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter