Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reasons El Centro was last was so people could use the buses like an internal shuttle to get to main building without a long walk. But now the new bridges seem to have cut those walks down so I too am curious about bus order once the Tower opens.

I just booked a 10 days CRS split stay for the upcoming September. Initially I was booked for 10 nights at Pop Century but decided to change to a resort that has quiet pools and a lovely garden. And then a great offer for the new CRS tower suddenly appeared and I had to book it :) I will be staying 5 nights in a standard room at the tower (super excited!!) followed by 5 nights in a standard room as there were no more standard tower rooms available for that price.

I can't wait to see first pictures of the tower rooms but I must say I am also very excited to stay in either the Ranchos or Cabanas. Oh and I am still trying to figure out if I should upgrade to a water view room...? Nevertheless I feel happy and grateful to even have the opportunity to stay in such a lovely hotel.

I am also trying to find out if there will be any conventions going on between September 7 until September 17. Not that I would be bothered but it is nice to know before you travel :teeth:

Hey guys!!! I just read that the new Tower rooms will have a "smart" tv system - think like Alexa - in all the rooms, then supposedly will roll out to entire resort eventually.

I would link, but I don't think the site is allowed?

I can't say for certain it's true, but people seem to be thinking it is.

Would be pretty cool! :)

Another weird question - hehe - do they rooms (not the tower) have central air or the in wall AC units. I know CBR has the units. Thanks!!

Hi all!

Another rainy Sunday in Chicago, so trip planning it is.

Just for fun (for a weirdo like me) I priced out on Lyft/Uber the cost from CSR to all the parks. Now obviously price/time will go up the more popular the time period, but for people like us who come and go to the parks at non-peak times, this is a good estimate (price may increase by my trip next year!) This is the price for around 4:00 Disney time on a Sunday afternoon.
I think this is pretty good for an alternative when you just can't wait for the bus!

CSR to MK - about 12 minutes, $8.75
CSR to Epcot - about 10 minutes, $8.20
CSR to DHS - about 9 minutes, $8.72
CSR to AK - about 11 minutes, $8.79
CSR to Disney Springs - about 11 minutes, $9.07
Looks about right to me. We used it to all those places (except MK). Lyft always seems to know when we are arriving and sends us promo offers ($4 off 10 rides, 25% off etc).
@Farro

Both times we stayed here this year (including the busy Presidents Weekend) we never had full bus issues. The app showing the times was great because we could decide about ride share accordingly at the resort. Sometimes at the park or Dis Springs we would just automatically order rather than checking on bus stop. It’s a great time saver, especially when hopping.
Thanks for the info! This got me thinking...
Do Lyft/Uber rides pick up and drop off at your building or main building here?
Likewise, when they drop you at Magic Kingdom, are you being dropped off there or at the TTC? Same question for being picked up at MK.
Thanks in advance!

Likewise, when they drop you at Magic Kingdom, are you being dropped off there or at the TTC? Same question for being picked up at MK.
Thanks in advance!

I've not stayed at CSR before, so not sure. At Poly and Beach Club we were picked up by lobby.

I never took one to MK, but for AK and Epcot we met up near the buses. :)

Thanks in advance!

Ride Share currently picks up and drops off at El Centro. We will have to wait until the July 9 Tower opening to see if that shifts to the Tower (which is more than likely).

Only Minnie Vans can pick up and drop off at MK. Otherwise it is TTC. You can also do it at CR and walk to/from MK.

Thanks in advance!

The pick-up and drop off at the main building.

For MK we get dropped off at the front door of the Contemporary Resort and walk over to MK. It's only a 10 min walk. Same for leaving MK if we are tired and don't feel like waiting for the bus or the there is a big line-up for the bus, we'll catch a taxi at the CR.

Ride Share currently picks up and drops off at El Centro. We will have to wait until the July 9 Tower opening to see if that shifts to the Tower (which is more than likely).

Could they drop you off at your building if you used your magic band at the gate? Or is it some policy not to do that?

Just double checking for peace of mind: there is self-service laundry facilities at each building group, correct? Are there any near the dig site pool?

Could they drop you off at your building if you used your magic band at the gate? Or is it some policy not to do that?
I don’t know what the policy is but we have been dropped off at our building multiple times by using our MB through the gate. The problem at CSR with trying to get picked up at your building is that while the drivers can get through the main gate, they don’t have access through the arms beyond that without a magic band (unless the arm is up during a convention). We learned that the hard way when DH had a foot injury and we couldn’t get our Uber driver to come to us. Doh! :headache: No problems on the return trips though

Just be careful. The last 2 times I got charged for parking when i dropped of my items at my room using the rental car. I returned the rental car my first day at WDW (I generally do other things in FL prior to my trips the WDW). However, it was not much of a problem getting the overnight parking charge taken off

Just double checking for peace of mind: there is self-service laundry facilities at each building group, correct? Are there any near the dig site pool?

There are laundry rooms by all the quiet pools. The closest to the Digsite would be the Cabanas 9A quiet pool location. Actually the Ranchos 7B quiet pool is probably not much further.

Has anyone seen room layouts for tower rooms, besides the artist renderings? I'm curious if there will be a partition between the shower and vanity, like in the standard rooms. That doesn't appear to be the case from the one rendering of the bathroom that I saw.

I was picked up by Uber in the parking lot by bus stop #2. Not sure if we got lucky, or what. I didn’t know better, and would not have known to go to main building.

Anyone have any idea what Toledo will be offering on NYE? Some friends would love to have a late dinner up there, and enjoy the fireworks. However, I'm wondering if the restaurant will instead be offering a party of some kind for a fee? I'm wondering if any announcement has been made, or do we have to wait and see? My friend's ADR day is quickly approaching, so I guess we'll find out shortly if the restaurant will accept regular ADR's that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter