Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone is wondering Disney is not spacing out guests within the hotel. I have a connecting room and there are absolutely people in the other room. I shoved a towel under the door out of an abundance of caution.

Went to Dahlia Lounge last night and half the screen covering Toledo was open. Was going to snap a pic on my way out but someone put the screen back. There appeared to be a bunch of little social distances table signs lined up in the middle (sorry for bad quality but they were definitely there). This could mean something or it could mean absolutely nothing (Cafe Rix at CSR and Casey’s in MK have been prepped for months but not opened). There was no other preparation that I saw in Toledo’s.
I remembered this post and decided to do the same thing tonight. Thanks for the idea! (the gap under the door seems fairly big at Pop).

Booked last minute long weekend starting 3/3. Sticker shock at Pop, hotwire just opened up those dates yesterday. Not too shabby for four nights @ $556.

In my book that’s a good thing, was hoping for nice, quiet visit with some main pool lounge time.

I had the pool (quiet pool at Cabanas) all to myself on most days, for at least two hours at a time. There were others that showed up, but were quiet, or only stayed for about 30 mins. It was so. nice. One day it got to 82, but most days were 75. I really enjoyed my time at Coronado.

Would you guys ever pick Rix or Three Bridges for dinner over a TS / QS at Hollywood studios? I have never been super excited over the food options at HS. Most have mixed reviews in general, but the only places we have ever eaten is ABC (which I don't like) and Melrose (which is OK). So that day we didn't make any ADR's. Our thoughts were to grab some food from RIX or Three bridges instead. But we have never eaten at either of them. And just like many of the HS offerings they both have mixed reviews.

So what would you guys do? Hit up something in HS or settle for CSR? We are eating at a lot of good places at the other parks already so this would be a one time deal.

Would you guys ever pick Rix or Three Bridges for dinner over a TS / QS at Hollywood studios? I have never been super excited over the food options at HS. Most have mixed reviews in general, but the only places we have ever eaten is ABC (which I don't like) and Melrose (which is OK). So that day we didn't make any ADR's. Our thoughts were to grab some food from RIX or Three bridges instead. But we have never eaten at either of them. And just like many of the HS offerings they both have mixed reviews.

So what would you guys do? Hit up something in HS or settle for CSR? We are eating at a lot of good places at the other parks already so this would be a one time deal.

Hmm, interesting question. You’ll get a lot of different opinions I suspect.

My take - I’m not really fan of the DHS dining options at all. Beverages and light snacking (eg, Baseline Taphouse) yes, actual QS or TS, no. Frankly if we want to eat on a DHS day, it’s usually via hoping to Epcot or back at the resort. The only marginal exception would maybe be Brown Derby. Or maybe the QS place on Batuu (name is escaping me) as I like the food there. Of course, all highly subjective opinions!

So that leaves Rix or Three Bridges. With due respect to Rix, I can go to a sports bar and eat sports bar food anywhere (sorry Rix fans!). But I can’t sit in the middle of Lago Dorado and dine al fresco anywhere else, so I think an evening meal at Three Bridges sounds great. Obviously make sure you like what’s on the menu since it’s a little unique/limited.

I will now go duck for cover from DHS dining and Rix fans. :-)

My take - I’m not really fan of the DHS dining options at all. Beverages and light snacking (eg, Baseline Taphouse) yes, actual QS or TS, no. Frankly if we want to eat on a DHS day, it’s usually via hoping to Epcot or back at the resort. The only marginal exception would maybe be Brown Derby. Or maybe the QS place on Batuu (name is escaping me) as I like the food there. Of course, all highly subjective opinions!

So that leaves Rix or Three Bridges. With due respect to Rix, I can go to a sports bar and eat sports bar food anywhere (sorry Rix fans!). But I can’t sit in the middle of Lago Dorado and dine al fresco anywhere else, so I think an evening meal at Three Bridges sounds great. Obviously make sure you like what’s on the menu since it’s a little unique/limited.

There are Rix Cafe fans?? LOL

I agree. Rix is not great. I personally thought 3 Bridges was just OK but the atmosphere is nice. The QS in Galaxy's Edge is pretty good too.

I have never been much of a fan of HS food in general either (obviously). OK I will scratch off RIX, I was a bit iffy on that for the same reasons you mentioned. Three bridges looked nice and I saw a few things on the menu that seem interesting. It's rare for me to eat on resort property (besides court, which I don't like to do) so I figured I would ask. I would love to just head to Epcot but I don't have Parkhopper. Thanks for the advice.

We have two reservations at Rix Sports Club for our week long trip at CSR. The day we arrive I booked dinner there because we will be traveling all day and pretty sure everyone would be too tired to trek somewhere else for dinner. I also booked a breakfast the day we are heading to the beach. My husband and I are at Rix last year and it was fine.
I wanted to book something in the park for our HS day and NOTHING was showing as available at all so I will keep trying but I have had no luck. I would not intentionally leave HS to go eat at CSR but if I was staying there sure. I am looking forward to trying Three Bridges...probably as a waitlist.

MJ

Are pool towels available at the Dig Site and Leisure pools currently or do Covid restrictions prevent that? Thx

MJ

We ate at Rix a few times on our last trip. I thought the food was a few levels above chain sports bar food. The Queso Fundido Burger was delicious and a huge amount of food. I like they let you substitute side salad for a side with a sandwich. The burgers came with a side also even though it's not on the menu. I enjoyed the restaurant .

Rix was not very good when we ate there.

I have not eaten at Three Bridges but have heard good things about it. I would choose Three Bridges. Or Brown Derby if you don’t mind the price.

Hey everyone :wave2:I am currently looking into a December trip and can’t seem to find a Tower standard or Tower water view room for my dates (Dec 3 - 10). The only Tower room I can find is a king room. I was wondering if it’s a glitch in the booking system or is there anything else that I seem to miss :magnify:?

Hey everyone :wave2:I am currently looking into a December trip and can’t seem to find a Tower standard or Tower water view room for my dates (Dec 3 - 10). The only Tower room I can find is a king room. I was wondering if it’s a glitch in the booking system or is there anything else that I seem to miss :magnify:?

I just searched those dates and the only Tower room type that is unavailable for me is Tower-Water View. All other Tower room types, including Tower-Standard View - are available.

Could be a glitch, website issues, or who knows! CSR availability seems to move around in strange ways sometimes (probably due to convention blocks, TA blocks, etc).

Make sure you’re using the private browsing version of whatever browser you use (eg, Chrome Incognito) when doing things on Disney’s website, especially searching/booking rooms.

Hope that helps - let us know if you’re able to book.

I just searched those dates and the only Tower room type that is unavailable for me is Tower-Water View. All other Tower room types, including Tower-Standard View - are available.

Could be a glitch, website issues, or who knows! CSR availability seems to move around in strange ways sometimes (probably due to convention blocks, TA blocks, etc).

Make sure you’re using the private browsing version of whatever browser you use (eg, Chrome Incognito) when doing things on Disney’s website, especially searching/booking rooms.

Hope that helps - let us know if you’re able to book.
Thanks for the fast reply and for the great suggestion to use private browsing :flower3: It worked and I was able to book the room I wanted :)

I am very excited about experiencing CRS and especially the tower during the holidays. I love Toledo and Three Bridges and cannot wait to be back after my 2020 trip got canceled.

Thanks for the fast reply and for the great suggestion to use private browsing :flower3: It worked and I was able to book the room I wanted :)

I am very excited about experiencing CRS and especially the tower during the holidays. I love Toledo and Three Bridges and cannot wait to be back after my 2020 trip got canceled.

Awesome, glad it worked!

Now let’s just hope Toledo is open come December. Please Disney!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter