Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere that I could possibly view a timeline of the anticipated construction? We are traveling at the end of April and I am rethinking our plans to stay at CSR after watching the videos of the construction present already and wondering if it will change the whole feel of the resort and the noise level significantly. By the end of April, do you think the odds of getting a refurbished room away from construction will be good or will construction be even more widespread by then? I would be really disappointed if we ended up in the middle of a loud construction area. I thought if there was a timeline somewhere I could get a better feel, but I haven't had any luck finding one! Thanks!

I have looked on the boards and googled the refurb/reno at CSR but I'm not finding the information that I am looking for and maybe someone can provide me with some insight. I am planning a trip for September 2019 for 4 adults and 1 child who will be almost 4. I see that there are Junior suites there are inline cost-wise with CBR and ASM, an I would much rather stay at CSR, but does anyone know if they will be adding any family suites to the new tower that is going up? There seems to be such a limited supply of family suites now, you would think that they would. I also wonder what the reno is going to do for the room pricing (not that I expect anyone to know pricing details)? Happy planning!!

I have looked on the boards and googled the refurb/reno at CSR but I'm not finding the information that I am looking for and maybe someone can provide me with some insight. I am planning a trip for September 2019 for 4 adults and 1 child who will be almost 4. I see that there are Junior suites there are inline cost-wise with CBR and ASM, an I would much rather stay at CSR, but does anyone know if they will be adding any family suites to the new tower that is going up? There seems to be such a limited supply of family suites now, you would think that they would. I also wonder what the reno is going to do for the room pricing (not that I expect anyone to know pricing details)? Happy planning!!

The tower was touted to be centered toward business clientele but the official DPB entry says "15-story tower to Coronado Springs Resort that will add 500 rooms, including suites and concierge-level services." So there's a good chance there will be suites, however they may or may not be family-type suites and they might be on par with the cash rate for DVC suites. I don't think there's any way of knowing until much more progress is made. It'll be a lot harder to get any layouts too unless they do some official announcements.

Roxyfire,

Thank you for the input. I really don't care if the rooms are "themed" like you would see at AoA or ASM, I just hope that Disney takes into consideration that there are families that are larger than 4 and are unwilling to pay $9000 for a week at Disney, but probably not. :sad2:
I am really looking forward to this trip and I LOVE LOVE LOVE CSR so I hope that it will all work out in the end. I will just keep my eye on the boards and keep watching all the reno videos that I can find. :thanks:

Is there anywhere that I could possibly view a timeline of the anticipated construction? We are traveling at the end of April and I am rethinking our plans to stay at CSR after watching the videos of the construction present already and wondering if it will change the whole feel of the resort and the noise level significantly. By the end of April, do you think the odds of getting a refurbished room away from construction will be good or will construction be even more widespread by then? I would be really disappointed if we ended up in the middle of a loud construction area. I thought if there was a timeline somewhere I could get a better feel, but I haven't had any luck finding one! Thanks!
I have been looking for one too and have not yet found it. What we do know is that they are working on the tower foundation now and that the 15-story tower will be completed sometime in 2019. The question for me (planning on a July 2018 trip) is how visually unappealing will the partly-erected 15-story tower be? The amenities are not affected - pools and restaurants will be open. But, will it still be pretty to look around?

Roxyfire,

Thank you for the input. I really don't care if the rooms are "themed" like you would see at AoA or ASM, I just hope that Disney takes into consideration that there are families that are larger than 4 and are unwilling to pay $9000 for a week at Disney, but probably not. :sad2:
I am really looking forward to this trip and I LOVE LOVE LOVE CSR so I hope that it will all work out in the end. I will just keep my eye on the boards and keep watching all the reno videos that I can find. :thanks:
Maybe 2 connections rooms? If you have small children you can Book your trip through Disney explain to them that you have four small children and only two adults and you need to book 2 connecting rooms. They can give you a travel with" number and show guarantee connecting rooms on your reservation. We have done this 12 of our 15 trips and it's worked every time. Much, much cheaper than a suite!

IMG_0088.JPG IMG_0085.JPG We just got back from a 4 night stay at Coranado Springs and 4 nights on the Disney Dream. This was our 3rd stay at CS this year.
We faxed a request for 2 renovated rooms and got them in Ranchos 7A. We loved the walk to the front. Bus stop 4 was very close and just a few minute walk to the main pool.
The renovated rooms are perfect. Our room had 2 queen beds with a walk in shower. Our friends had the same except they had a tub. I love all the extra storage. The tire floors make the room seem so much cleaner and sanitary. A few hooks would be helpful to hang raincoats and bags on.

The Pepper Market is one of my favorite food courts. We always have delicious food and excellent service. The guy that serves the waffles, wish I could remember his name, is super friendly.

We spoke to several Florida residents that were staying on property due to Irma. I love that Disney gave them a very reasonable rate ($50 a night I think) plus a dining plan. We spoke to a couple that had their dogs with them. I love that Disney had enough sense to wave their pet policy and accommodate people with animals.

Can't wait to go back in February

I can't remember, but do you have to have a ticket for the Magic Kingdom along with the separate ticket for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Or does your separate ticket for MNSSHP count as your park ticket as long as you go at 4pm or later?

I can't remember, but do you have to have a ticket for the Magic Kingdom along with the separate ticket for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Or does your separate ticket for MNSSHP count as your park ticket as long as you go at 4pm or later?

Your MNSSHP ticket will get you in to MK starting at 4 pm. You will need an additional ticket, if you plan to be at MK anytime between park open and 4 pm.

Hello all,

I recently stayed at CSR for a Solo trip and wanted to give my experience since I stayed right near construction in building Cabanas 9A. I was right next to the construction and a few of the days during my stay I was in my room for hours mid day. I didn't hear any construction, I didn't notice much of the work except for a few men coming off the site to take their breaks near the main little trailer which was across the parking lot. They also left a gift in my room due to the construction some Disney trading pins.

I more than likely won't stay at CSR again. The room was great and the construction was no issue. Its just that my room was kind of far from the main areas of the hotel. I loved that it was close to transportation but it was far from the main pool and the main lobby. The cabanas pool was frequently closed during the day as well.

Additionally Transportation this week was very inconvenient. The were times for certain parks it would take forever for a bus to come to go to that park close to 30-45 mins. The same situation leaving the park to then return to resort. Otherwise resort was beautiful just might not work for everyone.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I recently stayed at CSR for a Solo trip and wanted to give my experience since I stayed right near construction in building Cabanas 9A. I was right next to the construction and a few of the days during my stay I was in my room for hours mid day. I didn't hear any construction, I didn't know notice much of the work except for a few men coming off the site to take their breaks near the main little trailer which was across the parking lot. They also left a gift in my room due to the construction Disney trading pins.

I more than likely won't stay at CSR again. The room was great and the construction was no issue. Its just that my room was kind of far from the main areas of the hotel. I loved that it was close to transportation but it was far from the main pool and the main lobby. The cabanas pool was frequently closed during the day as well.

Additionally Transportation this week was very inconvenient. The were times for certain parks it would take forever a bus to come to go to that park close to 30-45 mins. The same situation leaving the park to the return to resort. Otherwise resort was beautiful just might not work for everyone.

I'm interested to hear your experience. There's no way to extrapolate how far construction will have proceeded by March 2018 when I visit. However, I had considered requesting Cabanas 9A if it was refurbished. Simply for the beach in front. If you could cut by near the construction of the tower, I thought it might also be closer to El Centro than 8A. Given your experience, I'll stick with my original thought, and request Cabanas 8A. :) Despite potential issues, I'm still excited.

As the tower construction continues and March approaches, I suppose 9A will be less desirable anyway -- surely construction will be at least more visually noticeable as it is erected.

I'm interested to hear your experience. There's no way to extrapolate how far construction will have proceeded by March 2018 when I visit. However, I had considered requesting Cabanas 9A if it was refurbished. Simply for the beach in front. If you could cut by near the construction of the tower, I thought it might also be closer to El Centro than 8A. Given your experience, I'll stick with my original thought, and request Cabanas 8A. :) Despite potential issues, I'm still excited.

As the tower construction continues and March approaches, I suppose 9A will be less desirable anyway -- surely construction will be at least more visually noticeable as it is erected.

I concur if I were to return I would want to stay in Cabanas 8A or 8B less of a walk to everything. I'm sure that there will be a point where the construction will be come way more noticeable with the tower being built up right now still look like excavation is happen.

I know that 9A & 9B were always extremely desirable and highly requested buildings before the construction started being that they were super close to El Centro without being preferred. I am going to guess that 9A will again be one of the MOST if not the #1 requested standard location again once the construction is complete and since the original bridge should be back open and again will be super close to El Centro. I don't think that anyone can project when everything will be complete but from what I have read the construction wont be complete for at least 2 years but that of course is not confirmed and no one really knows when it will be complete.

From these posts, it sounds like you need to walk to the new bridge from Cabanas. Where is the new bridge from Cabanas and/or Ranchos?

Hello all,

I puzzled by this comment.

The main pool is a 2 minute walk from Cabanas 9A and the lobby is a 3-4 minute walk from Cabanas 9A.

I puzzled by this comment.

The main pool is a 2 minute walk from Cabanas 9A and the lobby is a 3-4 minute walk from Cabanas 9A.

No the Main pool was not a 2 minute walk from my room that I stayed and the lobby was at least a 15 min walk across the bridge. This was me alone by myself without my 3 kids so I can't even imagine doing that with my kids. I'm not sure what you are Puzzled by but I clearly stated that I would not choose to stay at this resort again especially not with my kids. I wasn't the only only complaining about the walk. I meet some people in the 8B Cabanas who were complaining about the distance walking and they was there with children. I have no complaint about my room to the bus stop that was a 2 minute walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter