Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mika02 - Are you sure you are taking about the right building...? Unless nearly every pathway was closed, I just don't see how it's possible to have a 15 minute walk from 9A to El Centro (even at the slowest shuffle pace).

The very first time I stayed at CSR we were in Ranchos, got twisted around, and took a scenic route around the Casitas side of the lake. Even that was less than 15 minutes.

@Mika02 - Are you sure you are taking about the right building...? Unless nearly every pathway was closed, I just don't see how it's possible to have a 15 minute walk from 9A to El Centro (even at the slowest shuffle pace).

The very first time I stayed at CSR we were in Ranchos, got twisted around, and took a scenic route around the Casitas side of the lake. Even that was less than 15 minutes.

There is only one Bridge open I know because the Cast Members pointed me towards it when I arrived. It was has 2 maybe 3 hook turns on it that leads to a beach. From that area there was a few minutes to the Cabanas pool and Laundry room. My room was in 9A a few turns on the otherside from the pool and laundry room.

Working on planning a June trip, maybe staying here. Any idea what the construction situation will be then?

No the Main pool was not a 2 minute walk from my room that I stayed and the lobby was at least a 15 min walk across the bridge. This was me alone by myself without my 3 kids so I can't even imagine doing that with my kids. I'm not sure what you are Puzzled by but I clearly stated that I would not choose to stay at this resort again especially not with my kids. I wasn't the only only complaining about the walk. I meet some people in the 8B Cabanas who were complaining about the distance walking and they was there with children. I have no complaint about my room to the bus stop that was a 2 minute walk.

My intent is not to argue, however I feel it's important for people reading the forum to get accurate information on the resorts they are considering.

I've spent 75 nights at this resort since 2010.

Cabanas 9A is a 2 minute walk to the main pool. The Cabanas quiet pool is right outside you door, it's located at 9A. It doesn't matter what bridge is open you can walk past Cabanas 8B to get to the pool and its 2 mins.

I can walk a lap around the entire resort in 15 mins. There is actually a video on you tube where some walks from the farthest building in Ranchos to the lobby in 7 mins. You can clearly see in the video they are walking at a casual pace.

9A is half the distance.

My intent is not to argue, however I feel it's important for people reading the forum to get accurate information on the resorts they are considering.

Cabanas 9A is a 2 minute walk to the main pool. The Cabanas quiet pool is right outside you door, it's located at 9A. It doesn't matter what bridge is open you can walk past Cabanas 8B to get to the pool and its 2 mins.

I can walk a lap around the entire resort in 15 mins. There is actually a video on you tube where some walks from the farthest building in Ranchos to the lobby in 7 mins. You can clearly see in the video they are walking at a casual pace.

9A is half the distance.

I am very curious about this, since I'm having a hard time visualizing where the "temporary pedestrian bridge" is that they have installed. If staying at 9A, do you have to walk around Lago to get to the main pool, then cross the bridge to get to El Centro? Or can you walk along the edge of the water to get to El Centro directly? (Passing by where 9B used to be).

I'm not too terribly concerned because I don't anticipate going to El Centro much, but I'm trying to decide whether to request 9A or something closer to the main pool like 8A. (All way in the future, March 2018). Right now 8A or the refurbed Ranchos is winning.

9A is half the distance.

Your intent is not to argue but I am giving my most recent experience last week which you seem to be discounting. You can't walk the length of the property if an entire section near the main building is cut off by a large construction site. Cabana's Pool was not right outside my door in building 9A it was on the other side from me as I faced a Parking lot in front and to the left and construction on right. Hence where I was in building 9A it was a longer distance from any of the Main areas of the Resort. I understand you may have been there more frequently but I was just there last week. So I can only giving my account as of Sept 23rd when I check out and my own experience being there for 4 days and spending time on the property.

I am very curious about this, since I'm having a hard time visualizing where the "temporary pedestrian bridge" is that they have installed. If staying at 9A, do you have to walk around Lago to get to the main pool, then cross the bridge to get to El Centro? Or can you walk along the edge of the water to get to El Centro directly? (Passing by where 9B used to be).

I'm not too terribly concerned because I don't anticipate going to El Centro much, but I'm trying to decide whether to request 9A or something closer to the main pool like 8A. (All way in the future, March 2018). Right now 8A or the refurbed Ranchos is winning.

Everything is Fenced off to the edge of the lake. There is no way around the construction site from the water edge as they have large crane sitting there day and night. Only real way to get there is to take the bridge or the Park Buses to the main lobby.

@Mika02 - I stayed in July and have also seen/experienced the construction where 9B used to be and the new bridge. I was in 8A, seconds from the main pool. The walk from 8A to El Centro across the main bridge took me less than 5 minutes at an average pace. It is very difficult to imagine that it could take you an additional ten minutes from 9A to 8A, even from the parking lot side. Did you actually time your walk, or did it just "feel" long? I'm asking with seriousness because I just don't understand how it's possible unless you were ambling at an extremely slow pace.

@Pdollar88 - 8B, 8A, or 7B are great choices for being close to the main pool (and bus stop 4)

@Mika02 - I stayed in July and have also seen/experienced the construction where 9B used to be and the new bridge. I was in 8A, seconds from the main pool. The walk from 8A to El Centro across the main bridge took me less than 5 minutes at an average pace. It is very difficult to imagine that it could take you an additional ten minutes from 9A to 8A, even from the parking lot side. Did you actually time your walk, or did it just "feel" long? I'm asking with seriousness because I just don't understand how it's possible unless you were ambling at an extremely slow pace.

@Pdollar88 - 8B, 8A, or 7B are great choices for being close to the main pool (and bus stop 4)

I am talking the length of time from exiting the main building crossing the bridge and getting to my room on the otherside of 9A facing the parking lot 15 minutes. I timed it because I had a F&W event and was deciding whether I could do one of the parks before heading to the event so I was watching my time.

Not to change the subject :) But I would like to know. When it is time to check out, do we walk our luggage to El Centro for check in or do we ride an internal shuffle? Last year at CBR, we called and they sent someone at 5:30am to pick up our luggage, so we had plenty of time for our pre park opening ADR. I'm not sure that is an option at CSR. Thank you in advance

@SPOERLX3 - you can either 1) walk your luggage to bell services, 2) ride any park bus to the front with your luggage, or 3) go to concierge the night before and arrange to have your luggage picked up

@SPOERLX3 - you can either 1) walk your luggage to bell services, 2) ride any park bus to the front with your luggage, or 3) go to concierge the night before and arrange to have your luggage picked up

Thank You @ChasingLeslie I was sooo hoping that going to concierge the night before and arranging to have our luggage picked up was an option. I was lucky enough to get a pre park opening breakfast at Tusker House but the only one I could get was on our last day and I couldn't imagine having to worry about getting our luggage checked in and catching a bus in time to make it to AK by 8am. This makes it so much easier.

Thank You @ChasingLeslie I was sooo hoping that going to concierge the night before and arranging to have our luggage picked up was an option. I was lucky enough to get a pre park opening breakfast at Tusker House but the only one I could get was on our last day and I couldn't imagine having to worry about getting our luggage checked in and catching a bus in time to make it to AK by 8am. This makes it so much easier.

If you are doing resort airline check-in, I believe that doesn't start until 7am. You can also call bell services and they will send somebody with a golf cart. You should tip when this happens, but worth it.

If you are doing resort airline check-in, I believe that doesn't start until 7am. You can also call bell services and they will send somebody with a golf cart. You should tip when this happens, but worth it.

I may be wrong. It looks like it opens at 5am. Sorry.

I am talking the length of time from exiting the main building crossing the bridge and getting to my room on the otherside of 9A facing the parking lot 15 minutes. I timed it because I had a F&W event and was deciding whether I could do one of the parks before heading to the event so I was watching my time.

For the benefit of everyone reading you need to qualify this with the fact that your walking pace is much slower than normal.

In 15 minutes I could walk from the parking lot side of Cabanas 9A down to Ranchos 6 and around the far side of the lagoon past all the Casitas buildings to the Lobby.

For those interested, here is the video of the person walking from Ranchos 6A (the farthest point away from the lobby at CSR) to the lobby. It's just under 7 mins and with the location of the temporary bridge it might even be shorter now. This building is much farther from the lobby than 9A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter