Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, thanks. Thought I read somewhere it Casitas #4 was being worked on now. Maybe that's why I couldn't find the info in my notes :rolleyes1.

Oh, thanks. Thought I read somewhere it Casitas #4 was being worked on now. Maybe that's why I couldn't find the info in my notes :rolleyes1.

The quiet pool and Fitness Center is being refurbished. The rooms themselves aren't under construction as of yet.

I stayed here for nine days on my honeymoon in 2013. We are staying here again for two weeks in November. In 2013 I loved the grounds and how peaceful the place was at night. I also liked how it wasn't overrun with kids. Although I am now a mom and we will be bringing our 14 month old son in November. I have one tip to share - My husband and I used taxis a few times in the evenings and found them to be very convenient. We stayed in the Cabanas on our honeymoon. Not sure which village we want to stay at in November. I welcome any tips or tricks from CSR pros. Thanks!

We just returned from 12 days at CSR. Requested Cabanas or Casitas top floor near the bus stop and got everything I asked for (Cabanas). It was a lovely stay. All the Cast Members that we encountered were courteous and helpful, especially the manager at the Pepper Market. (First I forgot to call the front desk after we exceeded the initial credit limit I set up, then my magic band decided that my pin number wasn't correct after we fixed the first thing.)

The grounds were beautiful. We used both the main pool and the quiet pool in Cabanas while I did laundry.

The bus service was generally very good. We did have lots of issues with buses to Downtown Disney. It was almost always a very long wait, once just over an hour when we were trying to go to Typhoon Lagoon at opening. :). (We eventually started catching a bus from the parks to Saratoga Springs and just walking to Downtown instead of trying from our resort.

We also had a couple days where we had issues waiting for Magic Kingdom buses. After being almost 20 minutes late for a Kona breakfast reservation (I allowed an hour and a half travel time) we decided we would just use a cab anytime we had reservations and we weren't already in a park.

We used Uber from CSR to Victoria and Albert's and to the California Grill, it worked out perfectly. We also used Uber XL to take the 4 of us and our 16 days worth of luggage from Disney to Universal and then Universal to the airport and everything went well there too. Very cheap.

All in all an excellent trip, if you have any questions ask away.

Hi everyone! I just booked a last minute trip in mid July and got a kick-butt rate at CSR ($670 for 5 nights with tax!). We stayed there about 9 years ago and really enjoyed it. Does anyone have photos of the construction or reports of the noise? My DH will probably spend his days in the room since he'll have to work and he won't want it to be too loud.

Hi everyone! I just booked a last minute trip in mid July and got a kick-butt rate at CSR ($670 for 5 nights with tax!). We stayed there about 9 years ago and really enjoyed it. Does anyone have photos of the construction or reports of the noise? My DH will probably spend his days in the room since he'll have to work and he won't want it to be too loud.

We were in Cabanas. We didn't hear or see any construction. I believe right now it is just at the fitness center and spa which is over in the Casitas section on the opposite side of the lake.

We just checked out of CSR this morning after a five night stay. We were in casitas 4 and there was no construction going on-- I think it begins in early July.

We just checked out of CSR this morning after a five night stay. We were in casitas 4 and there was no construction going on-- I think it begins in early July.
I'm curious about Casitas #4 being that's what I have booked. How did you like it? So you used bus stop 2 and that was the first bus to be picked up and dropped off from parks?

I'm curious about Casitas #4 being that's what I have booked. How did you like it? So you used bus stop 2 and that was the first bus to be picked up and dropped off from parks?
Yes, except for the downtown Disney bus-- we were second for that. I loved the location! Yes, it was a bit of a hike to the big pool, but with all the eating we did, a little extra walking was a good thing! . We had a room that faced the lake, and we could see the Frozen fireworks from our door! This was my first stay at CSR and I loved it!

Just booked for a last minute trip Sept 28 for 5 nights. Lucky to score free dining & we will be there for Food & Wine Festival. We were at CSR in 2011 & really enjoyed it. Stayed in Cabanas & wondering if we should request Casitas this time. Ran his wouldn't be my favorite but after all, it's Disney! We were only able to get a water view king room. Just my 24 yr old DD & I for this trip. We did F & W in 2013 & had a great time.

Just booked for a last minute trip Sept 28 for 5 nights. Lucky to score free dining & we will be there for Food & Wine Festival. We were at CSR in 2011 & really enjoyed it. Stayed in Cabanas & wondering if we should request Casitas this time. Ran his wouldn't be my favorite but after all, it's Disney! We were only able to get a water view king room. Just my 24 yr old DD & I for this trip. We did F & W in 2013 & had a great time.
I believe Casistas building is having some refurb done on their quiet pool and the fitness room so not sure but it might be noisier than usual/.

Are these the epcot firworks? Which part of the resort are best to view them from?

She mentions the "Frozen Fireworks" are the ones that are visible those would be from Hollywood Studios only on again this summer as part of Frozen Summer Fun.

Are these the epcot firworks? Which part of the resort are best to view them from?

The Epcot fireworks are visible from Casitas 4. Best view is from the 4th floor facing the lagoon.

You can also see the MK fireworks if you go to the parking lot side of the 4th floor at Casitas 4.

We haven't been there during summer, but apparently you can see the Frozen fireworks at DHS from the bridge that runs between Cabanas 9B and the Digsite.

I can't tell from the pic which ones those are, but the poster said it was the DHS ones.

Just booked CSR for next year today. Little nervous about it because we were up in the air about which resort to pick - but we are going to give it a go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter