Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning to book our package this coming week for 2016 :teeth: Never stayed @ CSR & wondering if water view was worth the xtra cost? Would like to be centrally located between the Dig Site & El Centro & I believe that's Cabana's. Any other suggestions??? Been reading this thread like crazy!

Wow... Cannot believe I have been planning so much and had not found this!
Heading down 8/19-8/25 for my 21st birthday! Already loving all the suggestions, tips and tricks

So it kinda looks like the new showers will be like the ones in the art of animation suites. I like it. What else might they be changing in the rooms during the rehab?

I stayed at CSR last year in late September. Enjoyed it a great deal. I think it's overpriced, but that's a given at WDW and I'd personally never choose to stay in a value ... so just suck that part up. The resort is beautiful and relaxing. You could easily just stay at the resort the whole time and enjoy yourself.

The main point I'd like to make is in response to the constant concerns about the distance between things. Everybody has different situations, but I wanted to reassure people who are planning to stay at CSR that, in my opinion, it is not as large as it sometimes comes off. Getting between any two points is a matter of a few minutes. For me, some of my best memories of the whole trip were the beautiful walks around the lake at CSR, both early in the morning and especially at dusk or even late at night. Everywhere you look, it's scenic and worthy of a pic.

It never, ever seemed crowded, even at Pepper Market (except for maybe once or twice at the bus stop). More often, it seemed alarmingly empty! Waiting for the bus is hit or miss as with most resorts, but the trade-off is CSR has dedicated buses and there's always another coming up soon, by and large.

I know a lot of people get obsessed with picking a location and trying not to lose their stuff if they don't get it, but I elected to let it be a surprise and go with whatever I got. I got Cabanas 8B and it was great. The walk to El Centro was less than five minutes and again, was very pleasant and there are usually people out doing the same thing you are or just taking in a stroll. I'm pretty sure I'd have been just as happy with Ranchos or Casitas.

Going to try CBR this September for variety (and will use the same strategy of not trying to select a certain location), but I'd definitely recommend CSR and I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy your time there.

Last edited:
This august will be my first time staying at Coronado and usually frequent PORFQ but have been known to stray over to the boardwalk, so I have a few questions for you all! Firstly, we are booked in a preferred room, i know that generally means we would be in casitas but it just seems so far from the main pool? any advice on what we should request? :) secondly, are the private pools gated? we enjoy our late night swims and unfortunately that isn't a possibility at some resorts. Thanks all! :)

The quiet pools are not gated. I really enjoy sitting out by the quiet pools with a beer late at night. The resort is so scenic and peaceful at night.

I called Coronado Springs direct and asked them about the renovations and the cast member said that only the spa, fitness center and a pool were getting redone. I am still trying to figure out if the reservations will be done by the time we go in September!

I called Coronado Springs direct and asked them about the renovations and the cast member said that only the spa, fitness center and a pool were getting redone. I am still trying to figure out if the reservations will be done by the time we go in September!

You can't call the resort directly. You talked to a CM at a call center that read the whatever info has been provided to them.

Planning to book our package this coming week for 2016 :teeth: Never stayed @ CSR & wondering if water view was worth the xtra cost? Would like to be centrally located between the Dig Site & El Centro & I believe that's Cabana's. Any other suggestions??? Been reading this thread like crazy!
I can't give you any "other" suggestions .... you've got the right idea. Cabanas is right in between those two. It's a lovely walk to either location. I love when you get close to El Centro and then you can hear the music piped in through the plants. Makes me SO happy. It's beautiful there.

I can't tell you if the water view is "worth it" or not. Worth is subjective. BUT, don't forget water view could potentially mean you can see the edge of the pool. It doesn't necessarily mean you have a lovely view of the lake! Personally, I don't think paying more for water view is worth it because there aren't balconies. You only see what you see while walking TO or FROM the room. Once you're outside, everything is really nice!!

We just returned from a 9 night stay at CSR. We had an amazing time! We had 2 rooms, so the most important thing for us was that they be connecting or at least adjoining. Our travel agent made the request. We did not do online check in. We were given rooms in Ranchos 7A and they were connecting! This was perfect for us. We had a very short walk to bus stop #3 (which was the 2nd bus stop for pick up/drop off). Walked several times to the quiet pool and the main pool, as well as El Centro and never thought the walk was too long. The resort is beautiful and all of the staff we encountered were very helpful and friendly. There were times when we waited a long time (over 20 minutes) for a bus to come, especially in the mornings. Also, the buses were often very full after our stop and didn't even go to the next 2 stops. I'm assuming they sent another bus for those stops!

I can't give you any "other" suggestions .... you've got the right idea. Cabanas is right in between those two. It's a lovely walk to either location. I love when you get close to El Centro and then you can hear the music piped in through the plants. Makes me SO happy. It's beautiful there.

I can't tell you if the water view is "worth it" or not. Worth is subjective. BUT, don't forget water view could potentially mean you can see the edge of the pool. It doesn't necessarily mean you have a lovely view of the lake! Personally, I don't think paying more for water view is worth it because there aren't balconies. You only see what you see while walking TO or FROM the room. Once you're outside, everything is really nice!!
Thank-you so much for the response. It was just what I was looking for. I booked CSR this morning & was close to booking BC but a bit nervous that it would be closed for refurb in April. So it will be wherever they put us... Whatever is meant! Thanks for the photos looks beautiful!!

Could someone please clarify the order of the bus stops for theme park buses? I thought it was

2 - Casitas

3 - Ranchos

4 - Cabanas

1 - El Centro
But then read here that it was 4,3,2,1.

Could someone please clarify the order of the bus stops for theme park buses? I thought it was

2 - Casitas

3 - Ranchos

4 - Cabanas

1 - El Centro

That is the correct order for the 4 theme parks.

DTD and the internal shuttle/Blizzard Beach bus go 1, 2, 3, 4.

Have always wanted to stay at Coronado springs becuase it always looked so beautiful in photos and am finally happy to say I have booked a business class room for April 2016. I have stayed at two of the all stars and at the grand Floridian so I am gladly ready to see what a moderate will give me.

And I will be there for my 30th birthday as well so the trip is already shaping up to be amazing.

We are staying in Casitas Preferred (bldgs 1-2-3) in late September. Any update info on which bldg is next after Casitas 4?

Yes, request Cabanas. Almost every time I have booked Standard, I have been upgraded to Water View.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter