Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSR is a beautiful resort. Did you get a chance to walk around the lake? We are staying there in April 2015. I booked a preferred room.

CSR IS a gorgeous resort...and HUGE!!! I did not get a chance to walk around the lake as all available time was spent getting to know WDW on this first trip BUT, I did get to see the sunrise over the lake every morning as I walked to the Centro to get hot chocolates for the family at 7:10am and twice I saw parts of Illumination fireworks over at EPCOT when I went to get our late night drinks.

Our TA scored us a Casitas 3 room, it was perfect! 3 minutes walk to Pepper Market, less than 2 minutes to Bus stop 2. Perfect. Did I say PERFECT? :love: I will do an honest-to-goodness Trip report as soon as real life settles down.

Thanks to all you kind folks who share your experiences. DIsboards contributed LOADS to my first experience at Disney.:thumbsup2

Happy New Year et Bonne Année!::yes::

We were there last month and breakfast was continental style (cereal, bagels and fruit were staples and they would add muffins one day and breakfast pastry another). We are a family of 4 with 2 DD's, 20 & 16 and we all enjoyed starting our day with the lounge offerings :).

As for the mugs, we didn't bother with them because that trip was a short stay. Instead, my girls would either ask for a couple of sodas in the morning to take back to our room or they'd hit the lounge in the evening and take sodas back to our room. It worked out well and they plan to do the same thing when we return in just a couple of weeks.

Thanks for this :thumbsup2 really looking forward to our stay :)

For online check-in, what options are available for requests? Can you request to be near the main pool?

The options are...

Cabanas Area
Ranchos Area
Groud Floor
Upper Floor
Near Transportation

If you want to be near the main pool you can request the Rachos those are closest to the main pool

I am trying to make room reservations in October for 4 people, but all rooms seem to be booked from October 5th-8th. Does anyone know if something is going on at CSR on those days? I looked at the Convention list, but nothing is listed.

It is probably a computer glitch. Try again tomorrow, or call WDW reservations. I had the same problem trying to make my rez for the last week in January, when nobody is even there!

If you book a jr. suite is it usually included in free dining, or is it only for regular rooms, we've only ever stayed in a regular rooms and this year need a suite

I am trying to make room reservations in October for 4 people, but all rooms seem to be booked from October 5th-8th. Does anyone know if something is going on at CSR on those days? I looked at the Convention list, but nothing is listed.
I tried yesterday as well and so did my friend! Hope it changes! I've really talked this place up to my friend and she is planning her first trip. She really wants to stay here.

Which one is you favorite section and why: Casitas, Cabanas or Ranchos?

We've stayed in the Casitas 3 times, Ranchos once, and Cabanas at least 4 times.

I prefer the Cabanas or Ranchos when pushing ds' wheelchair. We could enter the buildings from any entrance. At the Casitas, there were only a couple areas with ramps to enter, all other entrances had a curb or steps.

Appearance-wise, I prefer the Casitas, especially at night. The fountains and courtyards take on a whole different atmosphere and appearance with the lights and their reflection off the water.

I do not like the Casitas quiet pool for ds. It was too deep for him to stand. He constantly had to be treading water or wearing a life vest.

I love the Cabana quiet pool. We never swam in the Ranchos quiet pool.

There are only 2 buildings I wouldn't want to be assigned to, Bld 2 and Bld 6. Bld 2 because of fear of getting assigned to the "no man's zone", and Bld 6 because it's further from the parking lot.

I'd prefer to be closer to the Dig Site than El Centro because ds loves the camp fire and we all love the pool. I'm content getting food there for a meal, every now and then.

I was wondering if there is a post office or some way to ship our souvenirs? As we will not be heading home after our stay in WDW. We wont have much room in our bags so packing them in our suitcases is a last resort type of thing. TIA!!!

I was wondering if there is a post office or some way to ship our souvenirs? As we will not be heading home after our stay in WDW. We wont have much room in our bags so packing them in our suitcases is a last resort type of thing. TIA!!!
There is a business center at the resort so you can ship from there.

We just booked 2 standard rooms for June! :cool1: We have hopped over to CSR before, but never stayed here. This will be my DS HS graduation trip. I think I would be happy in any area. Should I be more concerned about section? We are booked as adjoining rooms. We'll see how close we actually are. :rolleyes1 I hear adjoining does not mean connected. We are also wanting to do a graduation cake. Has anyone done a special order cake at CSR? Back to looking through this thread and doing my homework on CSR!

We just booked 2 standard rooms for June! :cool1: We have hopped over to CSR before, but never stayed here. This will be my DS HS graduation trip. I think I would be happy in any area. Should I be more concerned about section? We are booked as adjoining rooms. We'll see how close we actually are. :rolleyes1 I hear adjoining does not mean connected. We are also wanting to do a graduation cake. Has anyone done a special order cake at CSR? Back to looking through this thread and doing my homework on CSR!

If you want connecting rooms, call and have them noted on the reservations for both rooms. There is no guarantee, but we did this and our request was granted. We didn't need the connecting door because our kids aren't little, but we did find it helpful.

Does anyone that has been recently know if they replaced the swings at the play area? The last update I saw was someone saying they removed them? Random question, but my kids love to swing! We'll be there a week from today! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter