Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Woohoo! We will be staying at BLT over our spring break - first time at BLT/Contemporary. Can't wait!

Thanks for all that you do with this thread! It was so helpful in deciding to go with BLT and I'm sure will continue to be helpful as we inch closer to our stay there.
You're welcome and I know you're going to love it. There is so much to do in and around CR/BLT and the location is perfect. Are you in a one-bedroom?

I knew it wouldn't be long before you had a Disney trip to plan :thumbsup2.

Congrats on your upcoming CR stay :wizard:.

I second the thank you to WDWKOOK, she is a wealth of information and does a great job with this thread :goodvibes.
You're too sweet - thank you for all your help. I thought I could resist the call, but it was too compelling to squeeze in a spring break visit in between some other non-Disney trips. DH and DD are really excited to be returning to CR and we love all the great dining options and walking to MK.

How is your planning going? Is everyone cooperating?

Good morning...

Very excited to say that we booked a RO BB yesterday for next year and have decided to split our August stay. KOOK, I know it's early, but please add us to the list. We'll be at CR in a standard view Atrium CL room August 12-14, then switching over to the Poly CL with that magical deal :).

Very excited to be bringing our girls and having them experience CR for the first time. Looking for an opinion...is it worth the few extra $$ to switch to a TPV when you can view the fireworks from the CL lounge? I'm thinking yes?!

We will be staying at CR for the fist time 1/18 -1/24, and be in a theme park view room. I have a few questions, some of which this may not be the right place, so I apologize in advance if i'm not in correct forum for the question.

What room number / floor should we request?

If we stay at a Mod resort room only for a few days prior to our package at CR beginning can we begin to use the tickets from the package on these earlier dates while we are at the Mod? Also, is the process difficult to switch resorts?

Finally, we are booked direct with disney, which is what we did our two previous trips, but we are thinking about switching the reservation to a TA. Is their any real advantage to a TA? (i.e. better odds of getting room requests) We like to do most of the planning ourselves, but having someone else to help seems like an idea worth exploring.

thank you for letting me take a minute of your time and i appreciate all responses in advance.

Good morning...

Very excited to say that we booked a RO BB yesterday for next year and have decided to split our August stay. KOOK, I know it's early, but please add us to the list. We'll be at CR in a standard view Atrium CL room August 12-14, then switching over to the Poly CL with that magical deal :).

Very excited to be bringing our girls and having them experience CR for the first time. Looking for an opinion...is it worth the few extra $$ to switch to a TPV when you can view the fireworks from the CL lounge? I'm thinking yes?!

Yes!

My dd19 favorite is cr TPV :goodvibes

We like to eat our apps in the lounge but prefer to have our dessert on the balcony and watch all the action. It is nice to able to hear the sounds too. :thumbsup2.

There is also something :wizard: about seeing the castle from your room all day that is :cloud9:

Yes!

We like to eat our apps in the lounge but prefer to have our dessert on the balcony and watch all the action. It is nice to able to hear the sounds too. :thumbsup2.

There is also something :wizard: about seeing the castle from your room all day that is :cloud9:

That's what I was thinking and hoping to hear :). I was surprised that the cost difference between the two views was so minimal too so I'll make that switch today before checking out.

You're too sweet - thank you for all your help. I thought I could resist the call, but it was too compelling to squeeze in a spring break visit in between some other non-Disney trips. DH and DD are really excited to be returning to CR and we love all the great dining options and walking to MK.

How is your planning going? Is everyone cooperating?

Aww thanks :blush:. I help when I can, but I don't do much as I'm not as well versed in the CR (and some other resorts) as you and others are :flower3:.

LOL about not being able to resist the call...I know just what you mean :laughing:. Spring break will be here before you know it and you will be enjoying the CR once again :wizard:.

Planning is slow, but it's coming along ;). I'm hoping to book sometime next week and then if needed, tweak things later. Everyone is pretty much on board, it's just a matter of deciding on dates/resort and getting the trip officially booked :).

We will be staying at CR for the fist time 1/18 -1/24, and be in a theme park view room. I have a few questions, some of which this may not be the right place, so I apologize in advance if i'm not in correct forum for the question.

If we stay at a Mod resort room only for a few days prior to our package at CR beginning can we begin to use the tickets from the package on these earlier dates while we are at the Mod? Also, is the process difficult to switch resorts?

Finally, we are booked direct with disney, which is what we did our two previous trips, but we are thinking about switching the reservation to a TA. Is their any real advantage to a TA? (i.e. better odds of getting room requests) We like to do most of the planning ourselves, but having someone else to help seems like an idea worth exploring.

thank you for letting me take a minute of your time and i appreciate all responses in advance.

I can't answer about room requests, but wanted to say congrats on your first upcoming CR stay :yay:.

You can pick up your park tickets within 3 days of a package stay by going to guest relations at any theme park or DTD. Here is a link to information on early ticket pick up:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Scroll down to post 15 I.

As far as switching resorts, Disney makes it easy as they will transfer your luggage from one resort to the other. When you check out of the first resort, take your luggage to bell services and tell them you are transferring to the CR. Disney will take care of everything from there. Luggage delivery is usually done between 1-3 pm, but can take longer to get to the next resort depending on how busy it is. When your room is ready at the 2nd resort, you can go to bell services and get your luggage or you can call from your room and they will deliver it to you.

Using a TA is a personal preference, but there is no advantage as far as getting room requests, etc over booking it yourself. Sometimes TA's offer incentives to book with them and some offer agency exclusive deals during specific times, but TA's don't have any pull as far as rooms, etc. With that said, a TA would come in handy if you don't have the time (or don't want to take the time) to book ADRs, FPP, etc. and/or keep a look out for discounts. I, personally, enjoy doing all of that myself, so using a TA isn't appealing to me, but everyone is different.

Hope this helped answer some of your questions :).

You're welcome and I know you're going to love it. There is so much to do in and around CR/BLT and the location is perfect. Are you in a one-bedroom?

We are in a lake view studio. We know it's going to be cramped, but don't plan on spending a ton of time in the room - just really excited about that walk to the MK! Can't wait - the kids are already begging to make a countdown calendar. :rotfl:

Yes!

Made the switch this morning... We are now going to be in a TPV, atrium CL next August. Not telling our girls so it should be a nice surprise :).

Here now. What's the best way to get back from Epcot? Took the Monorail but since the Contempory is the last stop, it took 45 minutes & that wasn't even at park close.

Thanks!

Getting ready to watch wishes from the balcony!

Here now. What's the best way to get back from Epcot? Took the Monorail but since the Contempory is the last stop, it took 45 minutes & that wasn't even at park close.

Thanks!

Other than a taxi I don't know a faster way.

However, for fun dd and I sometimes take the bus from a park to WL then take the boat from there to CR. It doesn't save time but breaks up the routine and is fun too!

Hope your enjoyed wishes:goodvibes

Finished revising and re-posting the BWI/BWV thread - phew!

Welcome! You're in the right place and I'll add your dates to POST 2. Best not to request a specific room number because if unavailable, the Room Assignor won't know why you wanted the room and won't be able to try to put you in a comparable room. The most popular TPV requests are a "high floor" and "odd numbered room." The odd rooms have the beds facing toward the MK as you sit.

There is no advantage to getting your preferred room when using a TA. You are at the mercy of the CR Room Assignors who review each reservation a few days prior to arrival and assign your room based on requests and availability. If you like doing everything yourself, a TA might not be best for you because you will then have to go through the TA to make any changes, requests, adjustments, etc...

Made the switch this morning... We are now going to be in a TPV, atrium CL next August. Not telling our girls so it should be a nice surprise :).
WOOHOO!

Thanks!

To avoid the monorail, you could take the MK bus and then walk to CR.

Other than a taxi I don't know a faster way.

However, for fun dd and I sometimes take the bus from a park to WL then take the boat from there to CR. It doesn't save time but breaks up the routine and is fun too!

Hope your enjoyed wishes:goodvibes
Nice photos!

It is a very quick trip, about 5 minutes from Epcot to WL. WL is the first stop and you could also then hop on the MK bus and then walk to CR, if you didn't want to take the boat. It's fun mixing it up, isn't it?

15448839519_b43c82a449_b.jpg

The view from 4841 is fantastic!

We arrived about 2:30 and our room wasn't ready. We had some snacks in the Atrium Club lounge and did some shopping. Our room was ready about 3:40.

We requested a crib for DS and it hasn't yet been delivered. We may have to ask again as we go to dinner.

Currently waiting to go have dinner with Chef Mickey!

Beautiful!! Thank you for posting your beautiful view. Good idea to call again or just tell the CL CM on your way down to CM that you still need a crib. This way you aren't waiting for it after dinner when DS may be very ready to go to sleep after a long day or he may be totally wound up from all the CM fun! Get lots of pictures with Mickey and the gang and enjoy your stay.

Here now.

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

Finished revising and re-posting the BWI/BWV thread - phew!

Thanks for the heads up :goodvibes.

The view from 4841 is fantastic!

We arrived about 2:30 and our room wasn't ready. We had some snacks in the Atrium Club lounge and did some shopping. Our room was ready about 3:40.

We requested a crib for DS and it hasn't yet been delivered. We may have to ask again as we go to dinner.

Currently waiting to go have dinner with Chef Mickey!

Awesome view :thumbsup2....thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great trip, enjoy your CM dinner :).

Get lots of pictures with Mickey and the gang and enjoy your stay.

I second this ::yes::.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter