Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry if I missed this in here, don’t think it was mentioned though.

Has anyone dined at California Grill during fireworks since they returned? We have a res there in late July, and really hoping they are back to piping in the fireworks music. I know BLT top of the world lounge is still closed otherwise that would have been our go-to.
Yes, we ate there almost 2 weeks ago and they had the music piped in. Our waiter even asked us if we wanted to go out on the observation area for them, but we had just seen them the night before with music from GF and were hungry for our meals.

I'm staying soon at BLT with some family visiting for the day. They won't be on the room reservation but we are having a pool day while they are here. Do they need a MB to enter the BLT pool? If so we can add them so there won't be any problems with them getting in.

Can't wait to be back!

I'm staying soon at BLT with some family visiting for the day. They won't be on the room reservation but we are having a pool day while they are here. Do they need a MB to enter the BLT pool? If so we can add them so there won't be any problems with them getting in.

Can't wait to be back!
Only registered guests are allowed to use the pool. I do believe I saw magic band scanners at the BLT pool last time I was there. Do you have space on the reservation to add them to the room?

Well....we ended up moving our 50th Anniversary trip at Contemporary to another resort. I couldn't justify >$1000/night for rooms that were just such a fail for me. 😢

Maybe they're sprinkling the pixie dust on those rooms right now and the shower curtain masquerading as draperies and the Ikea furnishings that were both garish and austere at the same time will be quietly...something'd? Or maybe the atmosphere in the rooms is a lot warmer and more relaxing than what I'm reading from the room reveals? I really do look forward to seeing what early guests have to say!

Only registered guests are allowed to use the pool. I do believe I saw magic band scanners at the BLT pool last time I was there. Do you have space on the reservation to add them to the room?
Yes we do.

Thank you for the response!

We're staying in a Garden Wing (bounce back from our October 2020 trip) over Thanksgiving. I'd called Disney a few weeks back to request to be moved to the main building, but the CM stated that the main building will be fully booked over Thanksgiving. I guess perhaps due to the new rennovation? Anyway, I've looked around and found only one possible answer to this question and the answer was no: Are the Garden Wing rooms getting a makeover this year too? Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks, all! I stopped by the front desk before we left and had no issues getting the parking fees removed. We stayed ground level in the garden wing, with a king bed and view of the pool. No musty smells, plenty of room for DH, DS, and I. Bathroom not small but very limited counter space there. But plenty of counter and storage space in the rest of the room
Did you have a problem with your stay, or did they remove parking fee for another reason?

We're staying in a Garden Wing (bounce back from our October 2020 trip) over Thanksgiving. I'd called Disney a few weeks back to request to be moved to the main building, but the CM stated that the main building will be fully booked over Thanksgiving. I guess perhaps due to the new rennovation? Anyway, I've looked around and found only one possible answer to this question and the answer was no: Are the Garden Wing rooms getting a makeover this year too? Thanks in advance for your help!
Why would you say that? If you do a search on "contemporary Incredibles room" you will see recent articles that state

"And once the tower guest rooms are complete, work will begin on the rooms inside the Garden Wing out on the shore of Bay Lake."

Why would you say that? If you do a search on "contemporary Incredibles room" you will see recent articles that state

"And once the tower guest rooms are complete, work will begin on the rooms inside the Garden Wing out on the shore of Bay Lake."

I would say that because I didn't read that article, or any articles recently, that state that. No need for the jab. Thank you very much for the information.

I would say that because I didn't read that article, or any articles recently, that state that. No need for the jab. Thank you very much for the information.
Didn't mean anything by it. Just sharing what I had read, assuming that I understood correctly. So seems good news that they will be updated too.

Didn't mean anything by it. Just sharing what I had read, assuming that I understood correctly. So seems good news that they will be updated too.
Thank you for clarifying your response. I appreciate it.
Yes, good news for the Garden Wing! Hopefully that'll take place this year directly following the completion of the main building (and before my Thanksgiving stay).

Looking to hit up California Grill without a reservation - hoping to sit at the bar. Is this still an option? What time does the bar open? Previously I believe it was 4:30pm.

Did you have a problem with your stay, or did they remove parking fee for another reason?
We were charged a parking fee for the days we had there, with no car to park. Just an oversight on their part, and didn’t have any trouble getting them to remove.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I saw this on the California Grill page on the Disney website:

"California Grill is unavailable for booking after September 30 as we reimagine the dining experience for the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort."
Just saw that too...so I'm guessing that means it's actually closed on Oct. 1? Seems weird they wouldn't want to allow people to be able to dine and see the fireworks on the actual anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter