• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Does contemporary charge the parking fee even when you don’t have a car there? I ask because we were charged and don’t have a car to park and wondering if I should ask for that back.
Yes, that mistake happened to us last summer. An Uber dropped us off and they mistakenly attributed the car to our room. Just stop by the front desk and they’ll take off the charges.

I cannot get the online check in to work using the computer. And I don't see the button to check in using the app. The button is not where it should be. Maybe I'm already checked in on the app and that's why it won't let me complete the process on the computer? I tried calling but after waiting 23 minutes, I needed to give up.

I cannot get the online check in to work using the computer. And I don't see the button to check in using the app. The button is not where it should be. Maybe I'm already checked in on the app and that's why it won't let me complete the process on the computer? I tried calling but after waiting 23 minutes, I needed to give up.

If you’re not already, make sure to use the private browsing page of whatever browser you are using, such as Chrome Incognito. That’s the only way I can get online check-in to work for me.

In the app, if you click the three lines in the bottom right, then Resort Hotel - it should take you to a screen that has a “Start Check-In Now” button. I just tried it for one of my future reservations and it worked (although oddly it had to send me a two-factor authentication code twice, something I don’t recall ever having to do in the past).

If you’re not already, make sure to use the private browsing page of whatever browser you are using, such as Chrome Incognito. That’s the only way I can get online check-in to work for me.

In the app, if you click the three lines in the bottom right, then Resort Hotel - it should take you to a screen that has a “Start Check-In Now” button. I just tried it for one of my future reservations and it worked (although oddly it had to send me a two-factor authentication code twice, something I don’t recall ever having to do in the past).

Thank you! You saved me another phone call to Disney. I found the check in button on the app using your directions.
The only room preference options it gave was "near lobby." I think i waited too long to pick ground floor, but that's not a must have for us. Let the countdown begin!

Thank you! You saved me another phone call to Disney. I found the check in button on the app using your directions.
The only room preference options it gave was "near lobby." I think i waited too long to pick ground floor, but that's not a must have for us. Let the countdown begin!
Ya I can’t check in either I’ll try that later.

IMO wdw gives little or no options for check in requests. Those you need to call . However lines have continued to be long.
Sometimes I find it easier to ask at checkin, I give them an idea of what I want and they will look for you.

I was amazed they cleared the entire Atrium for the updates. I can't wait for the first live reports to be posted.

Dave
I am confused how the whole Atrium can be cleared? Chef Mickeys? The shoppes? How is all that stuff cleared out? Thanks

I am confused how the whole Atrium can be cleared? Chef Mickeys? The shoppes? How is all that stuff cleared out? Thanks

Those things are all open and available. PP was referring to Disney closing down the whole Tower for guest room renovations mostly all at once, vs Disney’s usual 1-2 floors/sections at a time room renovation strategy.

Hi all, I’m looking for opinions of the Garden Rooms, I just read on another thread (Here now and just back) that it was so bad they switched resorts. No internet for hours, strong moldy odor, tiny bathroom with no storage, poor elevators…..I haven’t read these reports elsewhere and I’m hoping her poor experience was a fluke. I’m staying at the Contemporary end of Aug into September. My reasons: proximity to MK, Monorail Resort, Water Parade, room has 2 queen and daybed (traveling with my DH, adult DS and Adult Niece). Now I’m torn…..I keep considering switching over to AKL where we can book our normal CL. But I find AKL so far from everything. I know the Garden Rooms are due for a makeover, so I am fine with knowing they may be aged, but is it still nice to stay there?

Hi all, I’m looking for opinions of the Garden Rooms, I just read on another thread (Here now and just back) that it was so bad they switched resorts. No internet for hours, strong moldy odor, tiny bathroom with no storage, poor elevators…..I haven’t read these reports elsewhere and I’m hoping her poor experience was a fluke. I’m staying at the Contemporary end of Aug into September. My reasons: proximity to MK, Monorail Resort, Water Parade, room has 2 queen and daybed (traveling with my DH, adult DS and Adult Niece). Now I’m torn…..I keep considering switching over to AKL where we can book our normal CL. But I find AKL so far from everything. I know the Garden Rooms are due for a makeover, so I am fine with knowing they may be aged, but is it still nice to stay there?
I never read reviews other than on here lol.

Internet, only issues for me is when I’m in an elevator. Rooms, grounds are fine for coverage.

Tiny bathroom? 2 sinks, and a separate toilet room is NOT tiny.

No storage? There are 2 closets, a dresser and a long desk. That means tons of
counter space. I often do my hair n makeup at the desk while others shower etc.

Ok truly the building is old and the elevators are tiny. I usually just use the stairs. You can get a bit of musty smell in Florida if the room was vacant. Once the air conditioning gets turned up then that goes away.

Long story short: MIL visited but can’t drive her car back so going with a friend who visiting near SIl and my dd in VA/ dd will drive grandmas car va to fla and uber/taxi next morning to wdw. I fly in late Friday , dd and Ds will arrive early Saturday, I was going to book pop but with limited time because we leaving Sunday I switched to CR.

HEA and walking back
EWP
Mono to GF for citricos
Walk for rope drop
Pool, lobby should be quiet with most of resort not bookable
Larger rooms vs pop
Better food options
Price went from 200 a night to 425 with 25% off. Worth it for me for such a quick trip. The thought of huge bus lines in the heat and or unexpected storm made it more appealing for sure.

l l was in garden wing last week. We were on the ground floor so l cannot comment on the elevator situation. Our room had no mold/odors whatsoever. I travel with someone with severe allergies and he was fine. I experienced no internet issues whatsoever. We were in the parks a lot, so it certainly could have been out while we were there, but in the mornings/evenings we had no issues.

space between sinks is indeed very small for storage but overall the bathroom was very roomy. I would say the room was a bit dated but very roomy for our family of 5. We liked walking to magic kingdom!

Thanks, all! I stopped by the front desk before we left and had no issues getting the parking fees removed. We stayed ground level in the garden wing, with a king bed and view of the pool. No musty smells, plenty of room for DH, DS, and I. Bathroom not small but very limited counter space there. But plenty of counter and storage space in the rest of the room

Are there screens on the patio doors on the ground floor or the pretend balconies on the higher levels- Are the ground floors nosier because of patios to open areas?

Are there screens on the patio doors on the ground floor or the pretend balconies on the higher levels- Are the ground floors nosier because of patios to open areas?
No screens on any patio/balcony except for the Cascade Cabins at Wilderness Lodge. It might depend on your location if you think it is noisier. Any patio or balcony that is right next to the pool might be noisier than one away from the pool.

Sorry if I missed this in here, don’t think it was mentioned though.

Has anyone dined at California Grill during fireworks since they returned? We have a res there in late July, and really hoping they are back to piping in the fireworks music. I know BLT top of the world lounge is still closed otherwise that would have been our go-to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter