Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I’m speculating, but I’m of the opinion it won’t be until monorail guest capacity can increase and they can accommodate the extra traffic on the MK Resort monorail line that the Epcot line creates.

I suspect Disney doesn’t want to run both buses and the Epcot monorail to provide monorail resort transportation to Epcot - so it’ll be at a point where they either can or want to make that change.

Or maybe when all monorail resorts are back online.

Who knows though!

I hate to say this out loud, but as a frequent monorail resort guest, I have actually enjoyed busing instead of monorail, especially at CR and GF which normally require TTC transferring. Our experiences with busing to Epcot have been quite pleasant. I’d still rather have the Epcot monorail in service for the cool factor, but I haven’t really missed it.
Thanks so much for your perspective. It makes me feel better to know that if the Epcot monorail doesn't return any time soon, all will still be just fine!

No not at this time. The normal boat loop CR - FW - WL - CR would be the only possible boat loop but it has not returned since the last March.

Dave
Thank you. That's what I suspected. I do want to check out that outdoor place to eat/drink at WL. I'm guessing uber is the best way.

Or you can take the short walk to the MK (up to an hour after MK closes) and catch the WL boat or a bus to WL.

Dave

I know people have been asking questions about the refurbishment work. I have a trip coming up in mid-April and was contacted today by a WDW rep via phone making sure that I knew about the refurb. She said it was going to start on the “other side of the resort” (I have a lake view booked), there would be noise that would stop by 6PM, and all of the stores and restaurants will be open. She didn’t give any dates so I assume this information applies to the week I’m there (starting 4/11) and will change as time goes on. Hope this answers some questions for others.

I know people have been asking questions about the refurbishment work. I have a trip coming up in mid-April and was contacted today by a WDW rep via phone making sure that I knew about the refurb. She said it was going to start on the “other side of the resort” (I have a lake view booked), there would be noise that would stop by 6PM, and all of the stores and restaurants will be open. She didn’t give any dates so I assume this information applies to the week I’m there (starting 4/11) and will change as time goes on. Hope this answers some questions for others.

Thank you for the report, very helpful. That seems to line up with what we can extrapolate in terms of availability with TPV rooms being unavailable to book past 4/4.

Booked the deluxe garden view room. It is an interesting room. There are only 3 on the corner of the garden wing, kinda close to the main building. It is going to be me and DD who will have a birthday while we are there.

I have booked this room so many times and something always happens to stop it. Although our 1st attempt we got upgraded to Club Level , but that is a whole other story:rotfl:

We have done TPV in Aug 2020 and Jan 2021 but I have always wanted to try this room, the space!!!!

There are a few really good videos out there about this room. Just google it or search youtube.

I tend to go "big" for dd's birthdays however she wanted CR over GF this time again. It is really so easy to walk back and forth to MK. We prefer not to do split stays but have found a night or 2 at YC works great to walk to HS and Epcot. We have CBR now our 1st night because its on the skyliner line and YC/BCV/BWV are sold out for AP at this time. I will keep looking because it was so easy last trip to get to the parks.

Booked a weeklong trip for the first week of March 2022 at Main Tower TPV but fingers crossed for return of CL so we can try the Atrium level. Our party will include DH, myself and our then 8 year old GD which will be her first trip. Excited but a bit apprehensive as things really need to feel fairly normal for us to be ok with flying, staying in a hotel and visiting a crowded theme park. Anyway I am looking forward to it though we won’t say anything to GD until much closer to departure time.

Last edited:
Since the EPCOT monorail is closed is there another way the get to EPCOT other than the bus? Not including modes you pay for like Uber.

WoW! I booked CR Garden Wing Room a couple months ago on a whim as felt the rates were a steal. I looked today, and the rates for same room are up 200$!!!! Initially it was a "tentative" trip, based on vaccine progress and state of the world. But it's looking more and more promising and I'm allowing myself to get a little excited :)

Question for the group :-) ...

... Can you recommend any place to get work done at CR?

We had to rearrange our trip (added a day!) and my husband and I both have to work our first day there. I'm hoping that one of us can be out of the room for a few hours and I will also need to take a few meetings. Is there a quiet and secluded place that I could work/take zoom meetings where I won't bother anyone (and they won't bother me)? Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Question for the group :-) ...

... Can you recommend any place to get work done at CR?

We had to rearrange our trip (added a day!) and my husband and I both have to work our first day there. I'm hoping that one of us can be out of the room for a few hours and I will also need to take a few meetings. Is there a quiet and secluded place that I could work/take zoom meetings where I won't bother anyone (and they won't bother me)? Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

That’s always a tough one. There are plenty of spots, but not a lot of quiet spots if you need it totally quiet.

I’ve taken calls on the second floor of the tower - there are various couches in that area outside the Cali Grill check-in area. As long as a conference isn’t going on, you can often have that whole floor/area to yourself and find a spot that works.

The marina area is ok and there are plenty of places to sit around there, but they often have the background music way too loud to get away with a phone call.

Good luck!

That’s always a tough one. There are plenty of spots, but not a lot of quiet spots if you need it totally quiet.

I’ve taken calls on the second floor of the tower - there are various couches in that area outside the Cali Grill check-in area. As long as a conference isn’t going on, you can often have that whole floor/area to yourself and find a spot that works.

The marina area is ok and there are plenty of places to sit around there, but they often have the background music way too loud to get away with a phone call.

Good luck!
Thank you! I'll definitely check out the Cali Grill area.

Good luck!

Yeah unless there’s a convention, I bet you’ll be okay over there. I don’t think you’ll find many vacationers in that area!

Are the lines for the busses to EPCOT long?
Just returned today from a four-day stay at BLT. The only way to get to EPCOT is by bus. The bus system seems to be strained at CR. We waited nearly 45 minutes for a bus to Disney Springs one night. The next night it was much better, and they had two buses back to back going to DS.

The bus line to EPCOT was quite long but the line moved fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter