Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Could you add us to the list: we'll be at the Garden Wing from 3/11-18!

Also, does anyone know what time the outdoor movies are in March, generally?

ETA: also the campfire time in March? Thanks!

In April 2015, the CR/BLT movie was at 8:30 and the campfire at 7:00. It should be the same for March. I'll add your dates, @Mitre10 :)

We just booked our first CR stay! I'm excited to try a deluxe that is new to us. We are visiting 3/11-3/18. I jumped at the price and booked a GW room. I now realize it is a standard view, I didn't realize GW had different views. Lol, I assumed all were "garden"! Anyways, any recommendations on a room request that won't be terrible? Maybe I can upgrade views at check in. It's Disney though and happy I get to stay at the CR :)

Congratulations and I'll log your dates, @Momtomouselover. The Standard View rooms have views of the parking lot, however, the monorail is also in full view right beyond and the more south you are, you can also see the canal off to the left (south).

I am soo excited!! I secured a studio/MK View at Bay Lake for my 40th Birthday week. October 29 to Nov 3 of this year!! I have never been able to stay here and it wasn't even one of my orginial choices. I originally wanted to do AKL but there was no availabilty with my choice, So I decided what the heck? May as well make my 40th as best as it can be!! I rented points and everything is set in stone as of a few minutes ago. Looks like I have a lot of pages to read through to get familiar with the resort. This will make my 4th trip to Disney. Have only done value (POP) and moderates (POFQ and CBR) before. Figured I would give this a try. I will be by myself at this time though. I have a feeling my sister and niece will want to be added, but if not, I think I will enjoy this trip regardless. :) :) :)

Congratulations on booking and I'll add your dates, @melana :)

We are booked for two-night stay at Contemporary Club level, spoiling ourselves at the end of our vacation. We were told when we booked that Club Level rooms may order California Grill for room service (I know it will be expensive, lol). We have our two-year old (special needs) with us that just not ready for that type of atmosphere but we absolutely love the food so want to spoil ourselves one night.

I know one cast member told us this was something we could do, I wanted to check here too. Can Club rooms at Contemporary Resort order room service from California Grill?

Thanks!

Just curious, @zbcincy30, which Club Level did you book? There are two, Atrium Club (12th floor) and Tower Club (14th).

Room service is available to all staying at CR and HERE is the menu. I thought that most/all the items came from The Wave. I wasn't aware that you could order food from CA Grill for room delivery. To confirm, I would just email or call Disney Signature Services, (they replaced the onsite Club Level's Itinerary Planning Offices) and ask them: 407-939-7777 disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Happy to find this thread! Staying in the Garden Wing the first week in March. Our first time at this resort so we have lots of MK days planned :)

Welcome! I think you're going to love CR:)

Does the BLT pool bar have a TV. We just realized the Packers will be playing next Sunday afternoon. We usually take an afternoon break and would like to catch some of the game without being stuck in the room or going to a sports bar. We thought maybe we could be down at the pool?

Yes, it does:happytv:

What are the request choices for Garden Wing rooms for online check in? How far in advance do you get to check in online?

OCI is available 60 days prior to your arrival. These are the OCI request options I had for 9/16, (Tower CL), but I believe these apply to all bookings. Obviously, many of the options aren't applicable to all room categories.

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 2.23.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 2.23.00 PM.png

Are there plates/bowls/cups provided in standard rooms? I know there is a mini fridge and coffee maker, but wondered if they provide paper products for us to have for breakfast and snacks.

Since you mention a mini fridge, I'm going to assume you don't mean BLT? For non-DVC villas or a non-suite room without a kitchen, only if you're staying Club Level would you have access to those items.

Hi everyone. We have a one bedroom lake view at BLT booked for our 10th anniversary in june (we were married in Disney so it's special). We would have booked TPV but it was not available. We paid cash but used our 25% off DVC discount so that was nice.

We requested North side, even number upper floor. Is this the best request to hopefully (fingers crossed and pixie dust) get a semi TPV? We had one of these lake view studios booked a few years ago and it was so awesome. TIA!

Yes, some of the outer northside villas that are higher up can have a partial TPV off to the left. Happy (early) anniversary!

Last edited:
So let me ask y'all this...

So I'm booked in May in a Garden Wing Deluxe Suite, one of those that are on the elbow of the front section. I upgraded to that from a Garden View when the promotions went in.

I'm staying at the CR for two nights on the back end of a split stay. So checking in on Thursday to check out Saturday.

It's my understanding that there are only three of these rooms (1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor).

What are the chances of these three rooms being occupied already and them having to put a little pixie dust on my reservation on check in day? How much pixie dust would one expect?

Be careful. Once you stay in a one bedroom it is hard to go back to a studio lol. My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom pre baby and we loved it. Now it is hard for us to stay in a regular room with our toddler. We even decided against a CL level room because we love the space and amenities of the one bedroom!
Ha ha, yeah, that's what I'm afraid of! That's why we've only stayed at the CR/BLT. We stayed at CR on our honeymoon 10 years ago, and every time we think of staying anywhere else we think of the convenience of CR/BLT and feel like we can't stay anywhere else!

We didn't have to either this past week, though I never noticed a problem with large crowds. We watched Wishes on the first night from the elevator area on our floor and nobody else was there, and the next night from the walkway. We had just returned from Epcot and were afraid of it possibly getting cancelled the next night due to weather and really the walkway was relatively empty of people. There was a security guard walking around so I imagine if it got crowded he might have started asking if people were staying there but with so few people it isn't worth the hassle. I guess until it becomes an issue it is easier to just keep the doors on automatic.

We enjoyed the stay very much. Our first night we went up to ToTW after Wishes for a couple drinks and had a good time. The place really clears out after the fireworks and we had no problem getting a seat by the window. I had requested a high floor and even number room and they came through with the "14th" floor (come on, we all know what floor it is...) but we were on the inside of the C. I was a bit disappointed but honestly the view was still great. It was fun to look out at old Discovery Island and joke about it being haunted and we had a great view of the Electric Water Pageant. My only complaint is that the sliding doors for the bathrooms were just a bad idea. Otherwise a great villa and I will probably stay there again sometime. I may have been as sad to leave as my daughter.
Yeah, I wasn't too concerned about crowds in the skywalk. It was just more of a "huh, I thought we'd have to tap our badges to get in" situation.

The opposite happened to us with room requests. We asked for high floor, inside the C (we love the Bay Lake / pool view); we got low floor, outside the C. We were able to get moved to the exact view we requested, but for a few minutes we were pretty bummed. (BTW -- I let out an audible laugh when I read the bolded part above!)

So excited for our October 8-14, 2017 stay at BLT. We have a TPV studio with hubby, me, and two 5 yr old twin girls. Nervous making them share a bed....does anyone know if a single air mattress will fit if we need it?

Also, I am a bit freaked out from high floors and a balcony. Would the 7 or 8th floor still give a good view? Thanks in advance:)

So excited for our October 8-14, 2017 stay at BLT. We have a TPV studio with hubby, me, and two 5 yr old twin girls. Nervous making them share a bed....does anyone know if a single air mattress will fit if we need it?

Also, I am a bit freaked out from high floors and a balcony. Would the 7 or 8th floor still give a good view? Thanks in advance:)
The floor space in the BLT studio is really tight. With the sleeper sofa opened up, you'll have wall to wall beds from the window to the wall with about a foot between them. If you leave the sleeper sofa folded up, you should have room for a twin air mattress on the floor. Otherwise, you'll need to put it in the entranceway to the villa.

Floor 7 or 8 will give you a good view.

Room service is available to all staying at CR and HERE is the menu. I thought that most/all the items came from The Wave. I wasn't aware that you could order food from CA Grill for room delivery. To confirm, I would just email or call Disney Signature Services, (they replaced the onsite Club Level's Itinerary Planning Offices) and ask them: 407-939-7777 disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

OCI is available 60 days prior to your arrival. These are the OCI request options I had for 9/16, (Tower CL), but I believe these apply to all bookings. Obviously, many of the options aren't applicable to all room categories.

View attachment 217334

View attachment 217335
My computer wouldn't let me see your screenshots. :( When I clicked on the originals, it gave me an error message. Just FYI; I don't need the info for a year, and things could change

And thanks for the room service menu link!

So let me ask y'all this...

So I'm booked in May in a Garden Wing Deluxe Suite, one of those that are on the elbow of the front section. I upgraded to that from a Garden View when the promotions went in.

I'm staying at the CR for two nights on the back end of a split stay. So checking in on Thursday to check out Saturday.

It's my understanding that there are only three of these rooms (1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor).

What are the chances of these three rooms being occupied already and them having to put a little pixie dust on my reservation on check in day? How much pixie dust would one expect?

Congratulations on snagging the elusive Deluxe room. I don't think they are ever overbooked, but you never know what can happen to create a comp upgrade. The closest upgrade price-wise from a Deluxe room would be a Standard Tower room with a BLV.

I'll add your dates to the Log-o-Rail:)

My computer wouldn't let me see your screenshots. :( When I clicked on the originals, it gave me an error message. Just FYI; I don't need the info for a year, and things could change

And thanks for the room service menu link!

Not your computer's fault - many images weren't appearing on the DIS yesterday, but they're all back up today:)

Last edited:

Staying at CR Club Level in December. I am so excited. I was contacted by Signature Services that that made things even more special!! I can't wait.
:welcome: to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread, @Venym.

I'm glad that they've contacted you. Which Club Level did you book and how long ago?

Atrium Club level Dec 21-23. Then we are moving to POR for a few days. My kids are being surprised with this trip. We went twice last year so they think we aren't going back until 2019, lol

Thanks for the pictures! We're checking in to a 1br Lake View on Feb 7. We had a studio two years ago and loved it, but noticed the significant difference in size compared to the CR; so this year we're going with a 1br to see if we like that better, or if the extra space would be overkill for just the two of us.

BTW - when we were there two years ago, we never needed to use our MB to access the walkway. I was a little surprised by that, to be honest.
In case you didn't see this previously. The even numbered lake view rooms are on the outside of the C. That would have living room shape and chairs at bar in kitchen like I posted. The odd numbered rooms are on the inside and face the pool. If you have a preference then let them know when checking in.

We love the outside but others prefer the inside.

Atrium Club level Dec 21-23. Then we are moving to POR for a few days. My kids are being surprised with this trip. We went twice last year so they think we aren't going back until 2019, lol

What a nice surprise, but it might be really hard going from CR Club Level to POR:scratchin. But, I understand about the BIG price increase right before Christmas. I'll log your dates:)

In case you didn't see this previously. The even numbered lake view rooms are on the outside of the C. That would have living room shape and chairs at bar in kitchen like I posted. The odd numbered rooms are on the inside and face the pool. If you have a preference then let them know when checking in.

We love the outside but others prefer the inside.
Thanks. I knew the inside and outside rooms had different layouts (bar stools vs no bar stools; laundry closet vs laundry room, etc.), but I couldn't remember if even was inside or outside. Now I know! And I can remember it now, because I'm probably a little "odd" for liking the inside view!

Room service food as well as the food served in both Club Level lounges (Atrium and Tower Clubs) comes from the Wave kitchen. There isn't an option to order room service from California Grill on either CL, unless perhaps it's a super special request granted by a CL CM or something like that maybe.

Thank you WDWKOOK! So a TPV One Bedroom opened up today and we were able to secure it. Any other trip I would have stayed in LV but considering the anniversary (and a toddler in tow who won't make them parks past 8 or 9 most nights) TPV was important to us. We were still able to keep the 25% off, doubt I will do much better in terms of a discount for that room so I am happy. We were deciding between this room and a standard one bedroom at the GF (or a GF sugar loaf room) but we are glad we chose BLT! Can't wait!

So I have a room booked for a garden wing/garden view and at the time of booking im pretty sure i booked for the king bed, but when i check my reservation it says nothing about that nor is it an option for my room requests. Do i need to call and make sure? Anyone know about GW/GV rooms if they are all king size beds?

Thank you WDWKOOK! So a TPV One Bedroom opened up today and we were able to secure it. Any other trip I would have stayed in LV but considering the anniversary (and a toddler in tow who won't make them parks past 8 or 9 most nights) TPV was important to us. We were still able to keep the 25% off, doubt I will do much better in terms of a discount for that room so I am happy. We were deciding between this room and a standard one bedroom at the GF (or a GF sugar loaf room) but we are glad we chose BLT! Can't wait!

YIPPEE!

So I have a room booked for a garden wing/garden view and at the time of booking im pretty sure i booked for the king bed, but when i check my reservation it says nothing about that nor is it an option for my room requests. Do i need to call and make sure? Anyone know about GW/GV rooms if they are all king size beds?

You can't book a king at CR. The only way to guarantee a King in the Garden Wing is to book a Deluxe Room or a suite. You can have your King request added to your reservation by calling and you can choose it from the Online Check-in pull-down menu which I posted above on Thursday. But, unfortunately, you can't guarantee one.

We are going to be staying in the Contemporary Atrium Club Level this coming May - it is our first trip and are extremely excited!

:welcome: to the DIS and to the CR/BLT thread, @ArielRN10! Congratulations on booking a CL room and we're honored to have your first post here:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter