Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Have been trying to plan a trip back to the world for about a year now and think it's finally going to happen!

Planning on May 8-11 and staying at the Contemporary Garden Wing - Standard View. This will be our first time staying on-site and I am super excited! I think my only Room request is upper floor, but wanted to see if anyone had suggestions?

Have been trying to plan a trip back to the world for about a year now and think it's finally going to happen!

Planning on May 8-11 and staying at the Contemporary Garden Wing - Standard View. This will be our first time staying on-site and I am super excited! I think my only Room request is upper floor, but wanted to see if anyone had suggestions?
If you want outdoor space, select ground floor for a patio. The second and third floors do not have balconies. Some of the rooms are also quite far from the tower, so requesting close to transportation would get you closer to the main building, if that's important.

Last edited:
Woo hoo! My sister and I will be returning to CR later this month. We were able to swing the last two nights of our Racecation to stay in the Garden Wing/Garden View. While I wish I was able to put us up in the tower (especially my favorite view--TPV), we will love to return to the resort we first stayed in (and have a few times since ;)). It brings back such good memories--is just a walk away from the MK--if only there were still Frozen Cokes to fill up our refillable mugs!! :D

Just popping in to say we had an amazing stay at Bay Lake Tower! I think we're going to stay there again next year!

We were in the one bedroom standard view suite. The suite was gorgeous - beautifully decorated and the theming was subtle but lovely. My kids LOVED the slide at the pool even though we had a bit of a chilly week. And being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom was so nice. No buses or monorail to wait for!

At first we thought we'd want to try a different resort each year, but it would be really tough to beat our experience at BLT!

Just popping in to say we had an amazing stay at Bay Lake Tower! I think we're going to stay there again next year!

We were in the one bedroom standard view suite. The suite was gorgeous - beautifully decorated and the theming was subtle but lovely. My kids LOVED the slide at the pool even though we had a bit of a chilly week. And being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom was so nice. No buses or monorail to wait for!

At first we thought we'd want to try a different resort each year, but it would be really tough to beat our experience at BLT!

So glad to hear! I can't wait for our stay in a 1bdr in June!

I'm so happy to read this. We are staying at BLT for two nights in October and I'm really looking forward to it.

We're staying at BLT for 2 nights before our 4 night stay at BWV. We likely won't arrive until 6pmish on our first night, we're spending the day at Kennedy Space Center before we check in. How likely are we to be able to walk up and eat dinner at The Wave? or any other MK resort restaurant? We'll have had breakfast in the car, lunch at KSC and we'll be needing a decent dinner. Or is Contempo Cafe a really good QS for dinner?

Does anyone know if they allow kids to share the buffet at Wave? I would say probably not but worth a shot LOL!

I was told room 6123 have views of MK fireworks and is ground level. I've requested it and will let you know when I go next week.

Last question of the day, if you are staying at the Contemporary can you use the pool at BLT?

Does anyone know if they allow kids to share the buffet at Wave? I would say probably not but worth a shot LOL!
Kids under 3 could eat off your plate if you ordered the buffet. For kids 3+ there is a child's priced buffet option ($14.99 vs $21.99, per allears)

We're staying at BLT for 2 nights before our 4 night stay at BWV. We likely won't arrive until 6pmish on our first night, we're spending the day at Kennedy Space Center before we check in. How likely are we to be able to walk up and eat dinner at The Wave? or any other MK resort restaurant? We'll have had breakfast in the car, lunch at KSC and we'll be needing a decent dinner. Or is Contempo Cafe a really good QS for dinner?
You can book a dining reservation last minute from the app. Sometimes dd and I will decide last minute to eat in a restaurant. So once you know the arrival time (based on your departure and travel time) try that. You can see all dining available at the time you want. Its easy to get to WL by boat or GF and poly by mono.

I do like Contempo Café too. If its warm there is a different menu at the pool in case you want to sit outside.

Have Fun!

We are staying in a garden wing room next month, and have a couple questions:
1-We requested ground floor/ balcony during online check in. I know the garden wing doesn't have balconies, so do you think the request emphasizes we really want a separate outdoor space? It's noted on our reservation that we would like to have a patio as well. Would you change our online check in request to anything else or leave it? We really don't care about room location as long as it's ground floor. Any other tips to getting a ground floor room?

2- where is the best place to watch wishes? I was thinking the 4th floor observation area, but I remember reading about the monorail progressive meal that would close that area down some nights? Is there another good place where music is piped in?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter