Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

CL definitely isn't for everyone, but that's what makes WDW so great. Lots of options to fit different styles.

I agree! ::yes::

Yes it wasn't called for but we didn't let it ruin our stay. We do love the Poly and the nice CMs make up for the rude ones.

Glad you didn't let it ruin your stay and hope you had a nice time overall :).

We just got in from the BC yesterday. While the offerings were delicious, the service was not. On several occasions there was this family in the lounge (sorry if it was a fellow disser) and they must have been VIPs or friends with the staff. Anyway, the staff was bringing food to them, chatting with them, etc. All the while, I was standing 5 ft seat waiting to ask for a beverage. I waited over 10 minutes on more then 1 occasion. One cm was telling the other cm what to make them to try. This happened on more then one occasion. I was telling my husband about it and he said it happened to him as well, same family. Several cms around the table. Very odd.

I'm sorry the service at BC CL was subpar. We've stayed at the BC, but not CL. It used to be on my list of CLs to try, but I have read a lot of not-so-great reviews that I now have no interest in trying it (plus we prefer staying in the MK area ;)).

We did not like our experience at the BC CL at all. The CMs did not interact with any guests while we were there. They do have good offerings but didn't like the CMs at all. The BWI CL to us in like returning to family. My son grew about 6-8 inches from last time we were there and looked very different but the CMs still recognized him. They said wow you grew so much - we almost didn't recognize you. It is so nice to see the same faces many years later. We first went to the BWI CL 7 years ago and many of the CMs are the same. They do a great job there. I didn't speak to someone while we were at the Poly but the manager wasn't available - I was given an email address - so I will email them.

BWI CL is definitely on my list to try as it sounds like an amazing experience :).

Just a note...I've not been to BWI CL since this famous Redgie arrived, but I encourage any of you who had good experiences with him to write to guest services.

I had a couple of outstanding CM interactions on my last trip and I wrote to guest services. I received a personal response and assurance that my "reviews" would be passed along to their supervisors.

If a CM is this fantastic, they should totally be recognized for their good work. You never know when a folder full of compliments can come in handy!

I guess I just think that people are more likely to make noise when things go wrong than when things go right. Of course, people should absolutely seek to fix bad situations, but there are so many un- or under-appreciated people in this world and being told you've done a good job is such a morale booster!

:thumbsup2

Well we have to stay CL at least the greater part of our split stays now! My kids are comparing every hotel we stay at now anywhere to "where's the CL?". Lol
All kidding aside, it's true, for 2 teenage boys, and adults who have been to the World enough to just go around wherever with no big agenda, it's great. AKL CL spoiled us! Trying WL CL next!

WL CL is one of our favs and we are hoping to try AKL CL sometime next year. Hope you enjoy WL CL :wizard:.

We did have a nice trip overall. A bit disappointed with the lounge and service but we had a great time anyway. It was nice walking from Epcot, though we won't be returning to BC. If we ever stayed in epcot area again we would choose BWI. More then likely we will return to poly or WL.

We enjoyed being close to Epcot & DHS when we stayed at the BC, but that's not enough to make us return. Like you, we prefer the MK area (WL & Poly in particular) :goodvibes.

AKL is always open, although they take everything away at 10pm. But you can sit there all night if you want to. Also I believe SL at GF stays open and I have no idea about RPC. As said above I know WL stays open but the food and beverages close at 10pm and maybe between meals still. They did pre-remodel but I'm not sure now.

The RPC lounge is always open as well. Like the others, food is taken away at 10 pm, but you can sit in the lounge all night :).

@mickeynut1 when you are on vacation where you are spending a lot of money on, you want it to feel special and you sure do feel like that at the BWI. We never felt like that at the BC. When you go to the BWI you have to let us know what you think.

I agree! ::yes::

Glad you didn't let it ruin your stay and hope you had a nice time overall :).

I'm sorry the service at BC CL was subpar. We've stayed at the BC, but not CL. It used to be on my list of CLs to try, but I have read a lot of not-so-great reviews that I now have no interest in trying it (plus we prefer staying in the MK area ;)).

BWI CL is definitely on my list to try as it sounds like an amazing experience :).

:thumbsup2

WL CL is one of our favs and we are hoping to try AKL CL sometime next year. Hope you enjoy WL CL :wizard:.

We enjoyed being close to Epcot & DHS when we stayed at the BC, but that's not enough to make us return. Like you, we prefer the MK area (WL & Poly in particular) :goodvibes.

The RPC lounge is always open as well. Like the others, food is taken away at 10 pm, but you can sit in the lounge all night :).

Lol, WL and Poly are our favorites as well. Even my kids like those better. Every time we waited for a bus back from somewhere I would see 1 or 2 WL or Poly busses pass by and I would secretly curse in my head. I haven't stayed WL since the construction so I hope I still love it.

BWI vs Poly CL
Mini food review between the BWI and the Poly. We just finished a 2 week stay with 8 days at the BWI CL and 5 days at the Poly CL. I have to say we were so disappointed with the Poly chef – Gene. Our 2nd night there we had appetizers at about 5pm. While they were cleaning up my husband went over to Gene (the chef) and thanked him for the food and used those exact words. Gene looked up and said – “It was supposed to be an appetizer – not a meal”. My husband was shocked and didn’t know how to answer that. Then on our last day at 9:40am we went to get some breakfast and they had no more protein out yet breakfast was ending at 10:30am – we were told at check in that there would be a protein out every day for breakfast. We asked Ivette, one of the CL CMs to get more chicken and she came back and said the chef (Gene) said there is no more protein. Our friend’s daughter has a dairy allergy and is allergic to oatmeal. I explained it to her and if there was anything else she could eat besides a bagel and she said the chef said no – they have nothing else. Don’t you know for appetizers – 2 hours later they had chicken out for the lettuce wraps. So so disappointed to have a chef judge how much we eat. Let us compare Gene to Redgie the chef at the BWI CL – who if he knew you loved something he would ask you if you wanted more. Redgie always had a smile and was such a nice. My husband and Redgie were friends by the time we left. My husband is a nice guy who makes sure he thanks everyone for their service – so Gene’s answer was horrible. He is the chef and shouldn’t judge how much people eat. We just got back today – so I will write a letter to the Polynesian – I made a complaint there but will also write a letter. We absolutely loved everything about the BWI CL – truly the best resort in terms of food and CMs. I just love the Poly for the theme and location plus many of the CMs were lovely but the BWI just made us feel like home.

I'm a little late to reading this but Thank you for pointing out the service that is not up to their standards.

@mickeynut1 when you are on vacation where you are spending a lot of money on, you want it to feel special and you sure do feel like that at the BWI. We never felt like that at the BC. When you go to the BWI you have to let us know what you think.

Thanks for your input! I see more positive things about BWI CL than I do any other CL (with WL CL coming in a close second). I'm hoping to try BWI CL sometime next year and will definitely report back :).

Lol, WL and Poly are our favorites as well. Even my kids like those better. Every time we waited for a bus back from somewhere I would see 1 or 2 WL or Poly busses pass by and I would secretly curse in my head. I haven't stayed WL since the construction so I hope I still love it.

We do like trying different resorts and have had great stays at all of them, but when we do stay somewhere different, I often find myself missing our favorites :(.

This is the view from 2513 from the Hawaii building. We were far down the hall but we had adjoining rooms and that is all that mattered to us. What a view!

View attachment 264696 View attachment 264697

Beautiful view :cloud9:.

No more chocolates at turndown at AKL! Did I miss this news in this thread?

I reported this 10 days ago. We're on the end of a 14-days stay, for which we had turndown every night (that's good) but never with chocolates (that's not as good).

Thanks for all the great info on this thread! We have a WL stay over Super Bowl weekend. Does the lounge have a nice TV to watch the game, and do they do anything special that night?

Thanks for all the great info on this thread! We have a WL stay over Super Bowl weekend. Does the lounge have a nice TV to watch the game, and do they do anything special that night?

Yes! The WL CL lounge has one of the biggest/newest "non kids" TVs of any CL lounge. Although, the space it is in is not particularly big and it's not really ideal for a big crowd, but the TV is very nice! See pics below.

FWIW, Geyser Point (the new waterside bar/grill) has a bunch of nice big TVs as well. That would be a fun place to watch the game if they do in fact show it/play the sound.

Not sure if they do anything special for the Super Bowl or even show it (I assume they do, but not sure).

11.JPG

12.JPG

This TV is the kids area... but would make for good crowd Super Bowl viewing as well:
6.JPG

A slightly different angle of the kids area TV:
7.JPG

Yes! The WL CL lounge has one of the biggest/newest "non kids" TVs of any CL lounge. Although, the space it is in is not particularly big and it's not really ideal for a big crowd, but the TV is very nice! See pics below.

View attachment 265149

View attachment 265150

This TV is the kids area... but would make for good crowd Super Bowl viewing as well:
View attachment 265152

A slightly different angle of the kids area TV:
View attachment 265153

Seeing pics of the new lounge makes me want to go back to WL CL sooner rather than later :rolleyes1.

FWIW, Geyser Point (the new waterside bar/grill) has a bunch of nice big TVs as well. That would be a fun place to watch the game if they do in fact show it/play the sound.

Not sure if they do anything special for the Super Bowl or even show it (I assume they do, but not sure).

Wow, thanks for the pictures and the fast response! We can't wait!

I've been gushing about WL CL all over the place. But I want to note the only negative about it. Those "couches" in front of the big TV are basically rocks. I had to move after sitting on one for 10 minutes. Personally, I'd advise getting a table within view of the TV and sitting there. The chairs are much more comfortable IMO. YMMV.

Can anyone give me some insight on the Garden Suites at BWI? I have a long weekend booked in October in one and just curious. Thanks

IMG_8210.jpg
Can anyone give me some insight on the Garden Suites at BWI? I have a long weekend booked in October in one and just curious. Thanks
I took a pic of the cute yard/garden of one on my last bwi stay.

You get cl access. The rooms entrances are on the 1st floor with door here in the garden area . You need to walk outside and up the stairs and then elevator to 4th floor for lounges.

Upstairs king bed and full bathroom/large. Downstairs has a 1/2 bath and wet bar plus seating and tv. I love those cute gardens. There is at least 1 (not many)that don't have the garden but a 2nd floor balcony off the bedroom. Check on bwi thread . I haven't stayed in one and I just wanted too.

IMG_8212.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8126.JPG
    IMG_8126.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Just to add to the above, I haven't stayed in one but they are super cute from the outside. It seemed as though the gardens were all a bit different. If you are at one towards the end (that wouldn't make sense unless you see them) There's a hidden staircase in the corner. That is much faster than walking all of the way back to the elevator but you do have to climb 4 sets of stairs sooooo

My Dh and I stayed in one over marathon weekend in 2017. The one we stayed in did not have the gated garden in front, but had a balcony on the second floor--only 3 of them are like that and I had requested it. :)
The quiet pool was right outside the room, which was really nice to be able to do a quick soak in the hot tub. We didn't find the walk to the lounge to be too much of an inconvenience.

I've been gushing about WL CL all over the place. But I want to note the only negative about it. Those "couches" in front of the big TV are basically rocks. I had to move after sitting on one for 10 minutes. Personally, I'd advise getting a table within view of the TV and sitting there. The chairs are much more comfortable IMO. YMMV.

Thanks for the tip :).

In regards to turndown service at BC CL, we have been here since Friday. Overheard someone ask CM yesterday about it, and it is only upon request.

Hope you're having a great time! Thanks for the update :flower3:.

Update for the AKL CL breakfast: for a few days, there's been corned beef hash on the buffet. It's the same than the one you can eat at Boma's.

It's actually very good, and it is a nice addition to have a hot dish for breakfast!
As always when there's a change, not sure it will last…

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest