Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I've got a question about signature services and ADR'S....

I've been trying for months upon months to get BOG dinner for my upcoming trip, all I've been able to get was one at 9:15pm on our arrival day but we'll be up from about 2am to get to the airport that am, so I really preferred something earlier with a 2yr old in tow.

Anyways, I emailed SS asking them if they could keep an eye out for anything during my week and just like that, I got one at 6pm on one of my MK days.

Is that a coincidence or can they just get you an ADR on a whim?!

I've been trying for months upon months to get BOG dinner for my upcoming trip, all I've been able to get was one at 9:15pm on our arrival day but we'll be up from about 2am to get to the airport that am, so I really preferred something earlier with a 2yr old in tow.

Anyways, I emailed SS asking them if they could keep an eye out for anything during my week and just like that, I got one at 6pm on one of my MK days.

Coincidence.

When you pay a little more, maybe, but they can not always get you what you want. I had a Spirit of Aloha and wanted to add a person but was unable to, asked SS and they messed it all up, by putting it down to a catagory 3 from a 1, I asked the to fix it, they said they could not. So I ended up moving it to a different day to get back the category 1.

I will say, I have always used the touring plan look up resides and I have always gotten everything when I want, within a week or two. I got CRT at 7:55, one month out. I got BOG at 4:50 and at 11:45 about a month out. I got my spirit of aloha 2 weeks out. I have even gotten what I believe is the hardest to get beaches and creams, 2 weeks out at 12 noon. I personally think SS has some kind of system like that of touring plan, but it depends on the SS worker if they are willing to get you what you want or not. But I have to say I am not impressed with SS, so far they have not been able to do or get anything I have asked them for, and I keep getting they will call me back, and they never do. So I am very dissatisfied, hope the vacation goes well even with all they could not do for us, we leave Friday.

When you pay a little more, maybe, but they can not always get you what you want. I had a Spirit of Aloha and wanted to add a person but was unable to, asked SS and they messed it all up, by putting it down to a catagory 3 from a 1, I asked the to fix it, they said they could not. So I ended up moving it to a different day to get back the category 1.

I will say, I have always used the touring plan look up resides and I have always gotten everything when I want, within a week or two. I got CRT at 7:55, one month out. I got BOG at 4:50 and at 11:45 about a month out. I got my spirit of aloha 2 weeks out. I have even gotten what I believe is the hardest to get beaches and creams, 2 weeks out at 12 noon. I personally think SS has some kind of system like that of touring plan, but it depends on the SS worker if they are willing to get you what you want or not. But I have to say I am not impressed with SS, so far they have not been able to do or get anything I have asked them for, and I keep getting they will call me back, and they never do. So I am very dissatisfied, hope the vacation goes well even with all they could not do for us, we leave Friday.

See, that's the thing...I've been using TP to try and find the reservation as well as checking several times a day and still found nothing. But then when I emailed them, they got back to me a few hours later with one and I never even got a TP alert about it either.

Can you continue to use the Lounge the day you check out of the resort for the rest of the day? TIA!!!

Ok everyone, sorry for the long intrusion, but I’m now going to post pics/review of Part 2 of our recent Easter trip. Part 1 was spent at AKL CL and I posted pics/review of that portion a few pages back. Now onto GF SL where we spent the actual Easter holiday.

So we checked out of AKL CL and went to bus stop to go to MK. From the time our bus left the AKL parking lot to the time it parked in the MK parking lot: 26 minutes. Received our room-ready text at 12:58pm while in MK and knew immediately it was not what I requested:

Our only request: large open balcony.
Our assigned room: small closed balcony.

AKA a dormer room 4th floor. So we headed over to GF and walked into SL building (our MB’s worked on the door) and up to our room. Looked inside and didn’t like it (we REALLY enjoy an open balcony to relax on and enjoy the view....), so we went back down to the desk and I explained the situation. The CM got on the phone with someone (Manager?). The CM then read a portion of my file to the Manager(?): "it says large open balcony," so the Manager(?) must’ve asked if I made a request. So while I felt relieved that my request had been noted correctly by DSS, I was still nervous that they were out of rooms and that’s why I was given this one. However, the CM said there were rooms on every floor available and asked if I had a floor preference. I said no preference and was just relieved they had a room!

So we were given 3rd floor marina side Room 6319.

Corner room on the left:

IMG_4338.JPG

View to the right:

IMG_4340.JPG

View to the left:

SL room view to left resized.jpg

View straight ahead:

SL room view straight resized.jpg

View straight down:

SL room view down resized.jpg

Balcony furniture:

SL balcony resized.jpg

Nice view of Wishes to the right:

IMG_4245.JPG

Wishes view in the daytime to show the tree branches obstructing a clear view:

SL day fireworks resized.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED....

Continued....

SL Lounge and Food:

The alcohol set-up seemed to be an issue our whole trip. It's kind of a weird set-up. A CM would sit at the desk working with her back to the alcohol while people piled up in line waiting to be served. In the CM's defense, I imagine it's not overly convenient to constantly check behind her, nor is it her job to serve the alcohol (I don't think?). Sometimes there was a bartender standing there, but most of the time he left his post to do something else.

The man standing at the cart is waiting to be served, with a line of more guests behind him:

IMG_4300.JPG

Another not-so-great thing we noticed our entire stay: the food/dishes would pile up on tables and it was hard to know if the tables were actually occupied. They were super short on workers! We rarely saw anyone clearing tables. I find it strange that there were several manager-type men in suits in our lounge every single night observing.....yet there continued to be tables piled up with garbage/dishes. I took a picture of the table next to us one night - some people left their room service garbage, plus everyone else used the table as a place to set used dishes. This table stayed this way for almost 2 hours!

IMG_4263.JPG

A nice touch was the constant supply of water bottles, the water with fruit, and the individually wrapped fruit. All were out in full supply everyday:

IMG_4350.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

SL fruit resized.jpg

We enjoyed 2 nights of a chef's station and 1 morning of chef's station. The morning was a Monday, and the chef indicated he was serving these once a week:

We thought it was super exciting!

IMG_4344.JPG

And the nights that we enjoyed the chef's station were Wednesday and Thursday. No chef's station on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Shrimp and Grits on Wednesday:

IMG_4224.JPG

Mussels on Thursday:

IMG_4234.JPG

TO BE CONTINUED....

I know that I've read about GF and AKL having these chef stations in the lounge. Are they at any other resort?

Continued....

SL Food:

Breakfast food options were awesome! Although I have to admit I'd prefer plain old hard-boiled eggs. But this fancier version seemed to be very popular.

IMG_4345.JPG

IMG_4346.JPG

IMG_4347.JPG

IMG_4348.JPG

IMG_4349.JPG

Can't remember if this awesome fruit was out at all times of day or just mornings, but my DDs LOVED the berries!

IMG_4352.JPG

IMG_4353.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

My taste buds preferred the scones at AKL over these at SL:

SL scones:

IMG_4325.JPG

versus AKL scones:

IMG_4164.JPG

TO BE CONTINUED....

Continued....

SL Food:

5-7 appetizers were also very good! Besides the chef station nights posted above (shrimp & grits and mussels), there were quite a lot of other things. My personal favorite was the Roasted Vegetable Flatbread:

IMG_4299.JPG

IMG_4296.JPG

IMG_4297.JPG

IMG_4221.JPG

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4236.JPG

IMG_4267.JPG

IMG_4268.JPG

IMG_4331.JPG

IMG_4335.JPG

TO BE CONTINUED....

Last edited:
Continued....

SL Food 5-7 appetizers:

IMG_4333.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

The famous strawberry soup which my DD's love:

IMG_4332.JPG

SL desserts
were really quite a display! However, we really didn't find anything that we loved except for the sugar cookies and chocolate mousse. That's ok with me because I'll admit to having a sticky bun or 2 at breakfast and they very much lived up to the hype I've read!

IMG_4240.JPG

IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4243.JPG

IMG_4326.JPG

Easter candy scatter:

IMG_4309.JPG

Custom birthday cakes prepared by Pat at GF:

Very, very moist and fresh - delicious!

SL bday cakes without names.jpg

Close-up:

IMG_4261.JPG

Last edited:
Is it fair of me to be annoyed by these two points on our current stay at BWI CL?

I asked for a glass of Cabernet, he asked me if that was white, I said that it was red, he went into the back, poured me a glass of Chardonnay, he handed it to me, I said that I asked for a Cabernet, at which point he told me that they don't do red wine until 5pm. Weird... considering I got Cabernet Sunday afternoon and Monday afternoon. Is this standard?

Also, no one greeted us at the front on Sunday. We arrived by car. This is the second time staying at CL that this has happened. Had to go to front desk, find someone, and then we were taken upstairs.

Am I wrong for just being irritated by these points?

May I ask how much these cost and how I should describe them to Pat to Order them? I assume you had them delivered to your room?

I am loving your GF SL review!! Thank you so much we head there in August.

They are tiered mini cakes and were delivered to my room while we were gone. The pink one was chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and filling. The purple one was yellow cake with chocolate frosting and filling. I was quoted $40 each. The total charge was on my final invoice and was $102.80.

I thought it was kind of expensive considering the size, but the presentation and taste were excellent.

I know that I've read about GF and AKL having these chef stations in the lounge. Are they at any other resort?

Sorry to bury your post in my massive SL picture posts! So I'm quoting it here so more people will see. I can only vouch for AKL and GF, so hoping other current/recent CL visitors will chime in about other CL's!

Ok everyone, sorry for the long intrusion, but I’m now going to post pics/review of Part 2 of our recent Easter trip. Part 1 was spent at AKL CL and I posted pics/review of that portion a few pages back. Now onto GF SL where we spent the actual Easter holiday.

So we checked out of AKL CL and went to bus stop to go to MK. From the time our bus left the AKL parking lot to the time it parked in the MK parking lot: 26 minutes. Received our room-ready text at 12:58pm while in MK and knew immediately it was not what I requested:

Our only request: large open balcony.
Our assigned room: small closed balcony.

AKA a dormer room 4th floor. So we headed over to GF and walked into SL building (our MB’s worked on the door) and up to our room. Looked inside and didn’t like it (we REALLY enjoy an open balcony to relax on and enjoy the view....), so we went back down to the desk and I explained the situation. The CM got on the phone with someone (Manager?). The CM then read a portion of my file to the Manager(?): "it says large open balcony," so the Manager(?) must’ve asked if I made a request. So while I felt relieved that my request had been noted correctly by DSS, I was still nervous that they were out of rooms and that’s why I was given this one. However, the CM said there were rooms on every floor available and asked if I had a floor preference. I said no preference and was just relieved they had a room!

So we were given 3rd floor marina side Room 6319.

Corner room on the left:

View attachment 234840

View to the right:

View attachment 234841

View to the left:

View attachment 234850

View straight ahead:

View attachment 234849

View straight down:

View attachment 234848

Balcony furniture:

View attachment 234846

Nice view of Wishes to the right:

View attachment 234842

Wishes view in the daytime to show the tree branches obstructing a clear view:

View attachment 234847

TO BE CONTINUED....

Glad they were able to change your room to one with an open balcony. I love the marina view, very peaceful! Sounds like you had a great time :).

Another not-so-great thing we noticed our entire stay: the food/dishes would pile up on tables and it was hard to know if the tables were actually occupied. They were super short on workers! We rarely saw anyone clearing tables. I find it strange that there were several manager-type men in suits in our lounge every single night observing.....yet there continued to be tables piled up with garbage/dishes. I took a picture of the table next to us one night - some people left their room service garbage, plus everyone else used the table as a place to set used dishes. This table stayed this way for almost 2 hours!

View attachment 234863

I agree, strange that there were suits around daily but tables not being cleared. Not really any excuse for tables being left like that :sad2:.

We enjoyed 2 nights of a chef's station and 1 morning of chef's station. The morning was a Monday, and the chef indicated he was serving these once a week:

We thought it was super exciting!

View attachment 234866

Love seeing the Mickey waffles in CL! Hope they are permanent ;).

Breakfast food options were awesome!

Everything looks delicious! I especially love the pecan sticky buns. I was sad when they were taken away, but very happy that they're back ::yes::.

SL desserts were really quite a display! However, we really didn't find anything that we loved except for the sugar cookies and chocolate mousse. That's ok with me because I'll admit to having a sticky bun or 2 at breakfast and they very much lived up to the hype I've read!

Omg, those sugar cookies are amazing!! Those and the sticky buns were two of my favorites :goodvibes.

Custom birthday cakes prepared by Pat at GF:
Very, very moist and fresh - delicious!

Those cakes look awesome! :goodvibes

Thank you so much we head there in August.

Hope you have a great trip :).

Those sugar cookies are amazing!! Those and the sticky buns were two of my favorites :goodvibes.

I absolutely feel the same!! I had to use restraint on the pecan sticky buns because I don't like eating a lot of sugar at breakfast. You know, sugar cookies at other CLs usually taste very bland to me. However, I couldn't get over these particular sugar cookies at SL! They tasted very buttery and sugary, not like the norm at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter