Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I would also love to be both close to skyliner and have a renovated room! I put in a request too, but hopefully whatever we get will be great for our family.
Does anyone know if the updated rooms in Jamaica are available to guests yet? Those are also very appealing with the combination of location & newly retouched, but I wasn't sure if it was open yet.
Another reputable site I frequent reported two days ago that they're currently refreshing Jamaica 41-44, so not sure if any are ready yet, but they are currently working on them.

For the room refreshes - are they putting in new mattresses? Or is just carpet removal?
I heard the refresh is new paint, new floor and softgoods. I know for most Disney resorts softgoods is mattresses so I'd say yes but given how little info has been shared on the CBR refresh from Disney, I'm not 100% on that. I've also not seen any info shared on which buildings have been completed.

Hi,
I am arriving next week and have a few logistics questions for anyone who might be able to report from a recent visit:

1. Is there a direct bus from CBR to Typhoon Lagoon? If not, how long is the trip using disney transportation?
2. In the food court, is hot water, a toaster and a microwave easily available to make stuff like oatmeal packets or easymac for little ones?
3. Are the coke freestyle machines outside the food courts available 24/7?
4. How far in advance might I recieve a room assignment through the MDE app if I have done the pre-check in?

Thanks!

Hi,
I am arriving next week and have a few logistics questions for anyone who might be able to report from a recent visit:

1. Is there a direct bus from CBR to Typhoon Lagoon? If not, how long is the trip using disney transportation?
2. In the food court, is hot water, a toaster and a microwave easily available to make stuff like oatmeal packets or easymac for little ones?
4. How far in advance might I recieve a room assignment through the MDE app if I have done the pre-check in?

Thanks!
1. To get to Typhoon Lagoon you will need to take the bus to Disney Springs and then switch to the waterpark bus.
4. You won't get a room assignment in MDE app until your check in day when you room becomes ready. I wish it would show up sooner!

Hi,

Thanks!
2. Yes on hot water. Almost positive there are microwaves there too. Not sure about a toaster but I would think the answer is yes also

Hi,

Thanks!
2. There is hot water, toasters and microwaves available for guests to use. They are located in the food court outside of the grab n go section and another set across from the drink machines.
3. They are typically available at all hours;
4. Normally, you receive a text a few hours prior to your online estimated arrival time.

2. There is hot water, toasters and microwaves available for guests to use. They are located in the food court outside of the grab n go section and another set across from the drink machines.
3. They are typically available at all hours;
4. Normally, you receive a text a few hours prior to your online estimated arrival time.
Thanks for these responses!

We find we usually select early check in but no matter the resort we never get the room is ready text always have to go to the front desk when we arrive and most of the time were able to find something for us. Our last stay was at CBR for Thanksgiving 2021.

We just booked Caribbean Beach for the first week of February and picked the resort based on the pool and transportation options. Then we got an email that the main pool will be closed during our trip. Now I'm wondering if we should save some money and switch to Pop. My husband is worried that with the main pool closed, the quiet pools will get crowded. And he was interested in a pool with a bar nearby for drinks and lunch. Since we've never been in Feb before, I don't even know if the weather will be warm enough to swim (My kids are 8 and 5, and we have a "rest/swim" day planned, but honestly, they would probably be happy to swim anywhere).

I've also heard that bus transportation to MK and Animal Kingdom is better at Pop than CBR, although the Skyliner probably more efficient at CBR.

Can anyone give me some insight on both resorts in light of this new info about the closure?

We are booked in a preferred roll in shower room for August. Can anyone tell me what are those rooms are? Based on a room location site I looked at, looks like they are in Martinique. Can anyone confirm? Also, are there any pictures of the fresh refurb rooms in Martinique? Ive seen Little Mermaid rooms but I know othere areas are not LM themed. TY!

We just booked Caribbean Beach for the first week of February and picked the resort based on the pool and transportation options. Then we got an email that the main pool will be closed during our trip. Now I'm wondering if we should save some money and switch to Pop. My husband is worried that with the main pool closed, the quiet pools will get crowded. And he was interested in a pool with a bar nearby for drinks and lunch. Since we've never been in Feb before, I don't even know if the weather will be warm enough to swim (My kids are 8 and 5, and we have a "rest/swim" day planned, but honestly, they would probably be happy to swim anywhere).

I've also heard that bus transportation to MK and Animal Kingdom is better at Pop than CBR, although the Skyliner probably more efficient at CBR.

Can anyone give me some insight on both resorts in light of this new info about the closure?
I would switch to Pop if the main pool is closed. The buses at Pop are easier and the resort is more convenient in general. The Skyliner will be one stop longer from Pop, but that isn’t enough to make up for the pool being down in my opinion.

February probably isn't going to have swim weather, anyway. The buses at CBR are usually split up so that Jamaica and Aruba have their own bus from the resort during busy hours and Martinque, Barbados, Trinidad (and Old Port Royale) have a bus together. If your husband is looking for a bar area to relax at that also serves lunch, then CBR is going to have more options including Banana Cabana. There's also a pretty nice playground in the middle of the resort.

We are booked in a preferred roll in shower room for August. Can anyone tell me what are those rooms are? Based on a room location site I looked at, looks like they are in Martinique. Can anyone confirm? Also, are there any pictures of the fresh refurb rooms in Martinique? Ive seen Little Mermaid rooms but I know othere areas are not LM themed. TY!

I cannot help with the roll-in shower room location but I have seen a few videos on youtube from folks staying in Martinique. It looks to me that the rooms were painted a bright light blue/grayish (hard to tell for sure on video). The beds are now the raised platform with room for storage underneath. Carpet is replaced with solid surface flooring. The chairs and bench seats have a lighter upholstery color. New light colored curtains with a tropical motif. Mini-fridges are now replaced with the glass doored beverage coolers. The bathroom has a generic white shower curtain which is quite.....blah, wondering if they are temporary while patterned curtains are on order or if they are permanent??

I would switch to Pop if the main pool is closed. The buses at Pop are easier and the resort is more convenient in general. The Skyliner will be one stop longer from Pop, but that isn’t enough to make up for the pool being down in my opinion.
And that is not even a negative if someone is a huge Skyliner fan-more time in the air!

Standard v. Preferred Question
Is Jamaica still a standard room after the Skyliner opened? If I book a standard room, how do you all make your room requests to get Jamaica? I know in MDE they usually only let you make location requests if you have a preferred room....

Is Jamaica still a standard room after the Skyliner opened? If I book a standard room, how do you all make your room requests to get Jamaica? I know in MDE they usually only let you make location requests if you have a preferred room....
Yes Jamaica is considered a standard, non preferred location. Preferred rooms are only those rooms closest to the lobby over by Old Port Royale. I do my room requests via touring plans and usually just put the room number I want and add a few notes like corner room, etc.

Is Jamaica still a standard room after the Skyliner opened?

Yup.

If I book a standard room, how do you all make your room requests to get Jamaica? I know in MDE they usually only let you make location requests if you have a preferred room....
I call the main reservation line and have them add my request to the reservation. I then call again about a week out and ask the phone agent to read back to me any requests to make sure it's there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter