• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Everyone that checks in once the construction starts will get the gift cards. They are completely independent of any other compensation you worked out beforehand.
Love this...it couldnt have worked out better for us..with the money we have saved we just added on an extra night, we are trying the Animal kingdom Savannah room with bunk beds. Its just one night but the kids will go crazy..we are keeping that bit as a surprise. ( ok so Mom is more excited than the kids)

Everyone that checks in once the construction starts will get the gift cards. They are completely independent of any other compensation you worked out beforehand.

Thank you! After four hours on hold today, I wasn't crazy about calling back tomorrow (UK phone lines are different, so couldn't call back today even if I wanted to).

I think we've decided to stay put. I'm kicking myself for not calling when they were offering $75/night (and I do think it's not really right that calling two days late means I couldn't get it), but what they're offering now to either stay or leave isn't really that great for me, either way. I'd rather stay with the resort for the theming/rooms we originally wanted and booked for, even if we lose some amenities. Unless they do wind up touching the pool, then all bets are off!

Just got back yesterday. We stayed in Martinique building 26. Everyday had a weird smell when first getting in room but after awhile didn't notice it. For those who haven't stayed here when returning from parks, the bus stops are Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, North Trinidad, South Trinidad. We got on the buses at Martinique and got off the bus at OPR. Our room was clean. Really liked the resort. My boys 17 and 18 enjoyed the pool. We took Uber to the airport. We would have had to been on the bus at 3 am for a 7 am flight. So we scheduled uber the night before to pick us up at 5 am. He got there a little after 5 and we were at the airport in 45 minutes. We used Uber XL even though there was only four of us but with luggage and carry ons figured we would need the extra room. I will tell you that it cost $80 for Uber. Didn't mind paying the cost for extra time at the pool the night before.

For your next stay, utilise the Disney's Magical Express service to take you to the airport -- they'll check your bags (depending on the airline) and take you to MCO for free!

That was my fear. Taking 5 yr old grandson & he loves the pool. Even tho they say now that main pool will be open it is so close to the construction and would be afraid that they would have to close it unexpectedly. Also people that got $75 per nite off are not getting gc's too. One or the other. That is what I was told . FYI

That was my fear. Taking 5 yr old grandson & he loves the pool. Even tho they say now that main pool will be open it is so close to the construction and would be afraid that they would have to close it unexpectedly. Also people that got $75 per nite off are not getting gc's too. One or the other. That is what I was told . FYI
I was told on the phone by a CM on Friday that I would be getting a GC upon check in regardless of the $75 per night or any other offer that I was given. Everyone is being given them at check in after May 1st. :)

I was told differently, also by a CM. So I guess we won't really know until people start checking in
The CMs are so unreliable arent they...they tell one person one thing and another person something else. I hate that some people didnt get the $75 offer its so unfair. I had to call 4 times before I got one that even knew what I was talking about last week. Well if we get a GC then it will be nice if not then oh well. My kids are not for surrendering their pirate room for anything! They said as long as they have room delivery pizza they are good to go..lol But like others have said...if the pool goes then thats a different story all together!!!

Agreed! I was worried about the pool closing. If no notice to guests about construction surely they will not give notice for pool closing. Plus if pool open, the construction noise right next door will be awful. We switched to POR and she gave us a preferred room over there for same price for our "inconvenience". I am satisfied. Works out to a $602 difference.

Seems not everyone gets the same offer. Some people got $75 per nite credit & some didn't. Think everyone should get same kind of discount. All paying with hard earned money. Why different strokes for different folks?

I agree. I got the $75 off but would have much preferred to move to POR or FQ. But because those resorts were not part of the original free dining promo I am booked under, I could only switch for rack rate. All room categories are available at both resorts, but guest services refused to move us. I view the $75 as compensation because the vacation I booked will be vastly different now. I have no other option but to spend significantly more money to move to a different resort. I wish they would offer everyone a choice of moving or taking a discount. And I think offering only the $25 per night gift card is a real insult.

I agree. I got the $75 off but would have much preferred to move to POR or FQ. But because those resorts were not part of the original free dining promo I am booked under, I could only switch for rack rate. All room categories are available at both resorts, but guest services refused to move us. I view the $75 as compensation because the vacation I booked will be vastly different now. I have no other option but to spend significantly more money to move to a different resort. I wish they would offer everyone a choice of moving or taking a discount. And I think offering only the $25 per night gift card is a real insult.
Totally agree about the $25 GC as the only compensation...thats a total slap in the face

Did anyone get written confirmation that both rebates ($75/night and $25 gift card/night) would be given? Seems like from what I've read here so far that it depends on what cm you speak with.

I'm not effected by this situation because I'm not due to stay at CBR, but I'm puzzled why this seems to be such a mess. It almost appears as if Disney has been caught on the hop and is making everything up as it goes along.
Surely there should have been one policy for everyone? So far some have got $75 plus $25 gift card. Some have been told free transfer to POR or POFQ or AoA or Saratoga Springs, or even AK, some have been told transfer yes, but you pay the difference, some have been told transfer but you lose free dining. Some have been told $25 only total, and some have been told accept that or you risk that it will be reduced to zero.
I know that it's always the case that different CM's tell you different things, but when lots of folks are obviously worried about the negative impact that all the building will have on their trips it isn't unreasonable for everyone to feel that it's a level playing field as far as a resolution is concerned. Or is it?

Last edited:
Did anyone get written confirmation that both rebates ($75/night and $25 gift card/night) would be given? Seems like from what I've read here so far that it depends on what cm you speak with.

I don't know what they're doing as far as $$ off per night. But I do know that every guest that booked prior to the announcement AND checks in after the construction starts will get a $25 gift card per night. It will not matter if you got a discount prior to checking in.

I'm not affected by this situation because I'm not due to stay at CBR, but I'm puzzled why this seems to be such a mess. It almost appears as if Disney has been caught on the hop and is making everything up as it goes along.
Surely there should have been one policy for everyone? So far some have got $75 plus $25 gift card. Some have been told free transfer to POR or POFQ or AoA or Saratoga Springs, or even AK, some have been told transfer yes, but you pay the difference, some have been told transfer but you lose free dining. Some have been told $25 only total, and some have been told accept that or you risk that it will be reduced to zero.
I know that it's always the case that different CM's tell you different things, but when lots of folks are obviously worried about the negative impact that all the building will have on their trips it isn't unreasonable for everyone to feel that it's a level playing field as far as a resolution is concerned. Or is it?

Yes, that is why so many people are puzzled & frustrated too. Some high up Disney officials knew this would be a drastic construction project that would impact the vacations of many guests. Why they did not have a consistent & fair plan in place is the million dollar question. I'm guessing they figure they got away with turning the water fronts @ Poly & Wilderness Lodge into construction zones without compensating many guests so they could get away with this too. Why would you think your guests would want food options at their resort??

I'm not effected by this situation because I'm not due to stay at CBR, but I'm puzzled why this seems to be such a mess. It almost appears as if Disney has been caught on the hop and is making everything up as it goes along.

This exactly. I was totally happy to stay at CBR before anyway, but after hearing some folks got $75 or moved to a Deluxe, and now being told I'm too late to get it, I basically feel disappointed. I'm happy for the people who got the better offer(s), but it seems like really bad customer service that they're changing the rules.

Last edited:
I don't know what they're doing as far as $$ off per night. But I do know that every guest that booked prior to the announcement AND checks in after the construction starts will get a $25 gift card per night. It will not matter if you got a discount prior to checking in.

Can you please clarify? If I check in 4/24 (pre-construction?) for a stay through 5/4, should I get the $25 for only dates starting at May 1, for each day of the reservation, or not at all (your note stated "checks in after the construction starts", which I understood to be May 1). Thank you!

I just got off the phone with Disney and after much back and forth we got moved to a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for the exact same thing we were paying for 2 standard rooms at CBR. As much as I was looking forward to trying CBR I'm happy with the outcome. They took $2,733 off what a 2 bedroom villa normally would have cost us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter