• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My trip in beginning of November, booked into Pirate room. I've stayed at Polynesian during construction so I'm not particularly worried about the construction especially since we will be out at the parks during the day anyway. I haven't recieved any emails yet, will i get one though? Also, will the gift card be still given if I've got room(s) booked for November or is this a temporary thing that will expire in next few weeks?

Has anyone called today to get the $75 credit? The one person a few posts ago in this thread who said they were told they weren't offering that anymore is making me nervous.

I'm technically booked through the UK site (my travel partner is from there and she booked it, though I'm in the US), and the UK phone # is saying it's closed for today even though the hours should be open another two hours. It's all making me nervous.

Has anyone called today to get the $75 credit? The one person a few posts ago in this thread who said they were told they weren't offering that anymore is making me nervous.

I'm technically booked through the UK site (my travel partner is from there and she booked it, though I'm in the US), and the UK phone # is saying it's closed for today even though the hours should be open another two hours. It's all making me nervous.
Can you try the US Disney number? I have two you could try 1 407 939 7429 or 1 407 939 3476 Hopefully they can find your reservation and apply the discount...worth a try, good luck

Can you try the US Disney number? I have two you could try 1 407 939 7429 or 1 407 939 3476 Hopefully they can find your reservation and apply the discount...worth a try, good luck

Thank you! I called the US line, but since I'm a UK reservation, he couldn't help me, and didn't know why the UK line was down earlier than it should have been. I'll just try again tomorrow. *shrug* He said as far as he was aware, they were still offering credits back though. Just FYI if anyone else is concerned.

I read on the Chip & Co Facebook page - they had an article that the $75 credit has now ended and now the offer is a $25 gift card per night given at check-in. I'll try to find the link for the article.

Edited to add the link to the article: http://www.chipandco.com/details-emerge-caribbean-beach-renovation-260808/
So if we already received the $75 credit, would we get the $25 gift card when we checked in? Thoughts? Not trying to be greedy as I am happy with my $75, but this sure helps with the exchange rate :-)! We just told the kids about our holiday and they are so excited to try this resort :yay:. Now we just have to wait for November.......

So if we already received the $75 credit, would we get the $25 gift card when we checked in? Thoughts? Not trying to be greedy as I am happy with my $75, but this sure helps with the exchange rate :-)! We just told the kids about our holiday and they are so excited to try this resort :yay:. Now we just have to wait for November.......

Yes, all guests who received the $75/night credit will also receive the $25 gift card per night at check in. I confirmed this with guest services (when I called about my parents CBR ressie) who said that they were honoring both discounts. I think this is very generous!

But, what she didn't say is if this will apply to all ressies until renovations are completed. Our stay is late April so that was her reference point.

I just got off the phone with Disney. I couldn't get through through to guest services tonight, over a 90 min wait. I'm going to try back again in the morning. She did confirm the $25 gift card per night but had no information about any other discount. That would be better than nothing but I'm still going to try for the $75 discount too.

I just got off the phone with Disney. I couldn't get through through to guest services tonight, over a 90 min wait. I'm going to try back again in the morning. She did confirm the $25 gift card per night but had no information about any other discount. That would be better than nothing but I'm still going to try for the $75 discount too.

The Guest Services Cast Member also told me that they were no longer offering the $75 credit/night...that discount was replaced with the $25 gift card per night at check in. She said that they were making no exceptions per upper management directives.

So perhaps if you get the right Cast Member you might get lucky and get the $75 credit. Good luck!

I know that no official info has been given on when the OPR food court will be back up and running and I understand why Disney will likely not say anything until right before it's ready to go. That being said, does anyone remember how long it took for past food court renovations at any Disney resort or like to give a guess as to how long that aspect might take? I'm not too savvy on how long construction/ renovation takes so I'm wondering if it's more on the lines of a couple of months or a year or more...

Posted this on other board but for people not reading that one. Was booked in standard room at CBR for first week in June. Grandson's 5th birthday and first trip. After totally stressing about this since I heard about construction I finally decided to call as people on this board were saying that $75 per nite credit was no longer being offered and $25 per night gc for all that construction was totally unacceptable to me. More importantly I wanted my grandsons first trip to be magical and surely walls up all around CBR would dampen the magic . Was on hold for only about 15 mins. Spoke with CM about situation and asked for $75 per night credit. She said not doing that anymore. Asked to speak to supervisor, she said she was supervisor. Said only compensation is $25 per nite GC at check in. Told her that was unacceptable. Offered to move me to a preferred room at POR. I took it. Now I can go back to looking forward to my trip with my grandson and not worrying about this anymore.

I know that no official info has been given on when the OPR food court will be back up and running and I understand why Disney will likely not say anything until right before it's ready to go. That being said, does anyone remember how long it took for past food court renovations at any Disney resort or like to give a guess as to how long that aspect might take? I'm not too savvy on how long construction/ renovation takes so I'm wondering if it's more on the lines of a couple of months or a year or more...

I have read a few things. One is that a new quick service location is already started and should be open this summer, I want to say I read June but not 100% on that. It will be in the Trinidad sections. Then I have read September and also December for the reopening of the main food court. But all construction will not be finished there until 2019.

It shouldn't matter if you got the email offer or not. They are giving out the gift cards at check in, I think it is pretty safe to assume they will be giving them to everyone that checks in.
My family checks in June 13. We received the $75 per night credit, but have not heard anything about the $25/night gift card. I wonder if we will receive it too?? I hope so! We tried to switch resorts, but there is nothing available in Moderate level to accommodate us!

Not related to the refurb, but I started the online check-in process yesterday for our Friday trip and it seemed pretty uneventful - it's not clear to me if we'll be able to skip the front desk or not. I checked the "email/text when room is ready" option, but there wasn't a place to indicate when our flight arrives, though the website had that we were arriving via Magical Express, which is right. We did the Touring Plans room request fax, so I left the room request blank in online check-in, but the options there were very limited - the only village I could recommend was Martinique. In our TP fax, I requested a set of rooms in Jamaica (using the language Touring Plans suggested) and also commented that it was important to us to not be next to a DSA, which is what is most important to us. Will post back to let you all know if Disney seemed to have paid any attention at all to our Touring Plans fax, or not, and generally how our first trip to CBR goes!

I appreciate how freely everyone has shared information here and want to help others with our experience as well. The short version is that we were switched to Saratoga Springs at no additional charge for our December trip, and if free dining comes out, we should be able to apply it as well. The long version is this:

Context: last November, we booked at CBR for this December, hoping for free dining.

Thursday: Read about the construction and called first thing in the AM. Talked with a CM to confirm what exactly would be closed. I wasn't happy, and thought the situation wouldn't work for my family, as we spend a fair amount of time at the resort. CM told me we could move resorts, but at our own expense. I told her I'd have to think about our options and call back.

Friday AM: I read about the $75/night credits being given out and decided that for that discount, we could get groceries and pick up snacks on our way out of the parks to make it worth it. Called, spoke to a CM who is new and she knew very little about anything. She knew nothing of the credit, and very little about Disney or the resorts and discounts in general. However, she walked me though all of the moderates to which we could switch (at our own expense). We spent a long time on the phone only to determine that none of those would work for my family. One of the big reasons was because POR and POFQ, which may have otherwise worked, are sometimes excluded from free dining, which we're really hoping for. When I finally said I just needed guest services, she told me the wait was 90 minutes and she'd recommend calling back in the evening.

Friday PM: Settled in for the 90 minute wait for guest services. When I finally got someone, she explained that the $75/credit was over, and it was just a $25 gift card. I expressed that I was disappointed in the whole situation - the construction, the inability to move resorts, and the fact that if I had just waited earlier I could have had a better credit. She offered to look into other resorts. I told her I'd already spent a long time doing that, but she said she might have other options. After a short wait she offered me a studio at Saratoga Springs for no additional charge. I was totally unprepared for this and had never considered that resort, and hated to just switch us without talking with my family first. I also inquired whether free dining would apply (assuming it is coming) without changing the price, and after a short hold to check, she told me yes. She said she understood wanting to think about it and said she'd put a note on my file and we could call back on Saturday and still get it.

Saturday: Spent 90 minutes on hold for guest services, again. Finally got someone who saw the note on my file, but it took another 30 minutes on hold for her to get it all applied.

I would venture a guess that I got the upgrade because of the specific circumstance-- exhausting all options of a move, over the course of several phone calls, and narrowly missing the $75 credit (the guest services CM acknowledged that, if I had persisted on Thursday, I would have gotten it). But, I expect there are others in a similar situation, and I hope that armed with this information you all get some pixie dust too! I was really worrying over the food choices at the construction, and while I wouldn't consider Saratoga Springs at normal rates, we're looking forward to trying it at this price point. Good luck everyone!

I appreciate how freely everyone has shared information here and want to help others with our experience as well. The short version is that we were switched to Saratoga Springs at no additional charge for our December trip, and if free dining comes out, we should be able to apply it as well. The long version is this:

Context: last November, we booked at CBR for this December, hoping for free dining.

Thursday: Read about the construction and called first thing in the AM. Talked with a CM to confirm what exactly would be closed. I wasn't happy, and thought the situation wouldn't work for my family, as we spend a fair amount of time at the resort. CM told me we could move resorts, but at our own expense. I told her I'd have to think about our options and call back.

Friday AM: I read about the $75/night credits being given out and decided that for that discount, we could get groceries and pick up snacks on our way out of the parks to make it worth it. Called, spoke to a CM who is new and she knew very little about anything. She knew nothing of the credit, and very little about Disney or the resorts and discounts in general. However, she walked me though all of the moderates to which we could switch (at our own expense). We spent a long time on the phone only to determine that none of those would work for my family. One of the big reasons was because POR and POFQ, which may have otherwise worked, are sometimes excluded from free dining, which we're really hoping for. When I finally said I just needed guest services, she told me the wait was 90 minutes and she'd recommend calling back in the evening.

Friday PM: Settled in for the 90 minute wait for guest services. When I finally got someone, she explained that the $75/credit was over, and it was just a $25 gift card. I expressed that I was disappointed in the whole situation - the construction, the inability to move resorts, and the fact that if I had just waited earlier I could have had a better credit. She offered to look into other resorts. I told her I'd already spent a long time doing that, but she said she might have other options. After a short wait she offered me a studio at Saratoga Springs for no additional charge. I was totally unprepared for this and had never considered that resort, and hated to just switch us without talking with my family first. I also inquired whether free dining would apply (assuming it is coming) without changing the price, and after a short hold to check, she told me yes. She said she understood wanting to think about it and said she'd put a note on my file and we could call back on Saturday and still get it.

Saturday: Spent 90 minutes on hold for guest services, again. Finally got someone who saw the note on my file, but it took another 30 minutes on hold for her to get it all applied.

I would venture a guess that I got the upgrade because of the specific circumstance-- exhausting all options of a move, over the course of several phone calls, and narrowly missing the $75 credit (the guest services CM acknowledged that, if I had persisted on Thursday, I would have gotten it). But, I expect there are others in a similar situation, and I hope that armed with this information you all get some pixie dust too! I was really worrying over the food choices at the construction, and while I wouldn't consider Saratoga Springs at normal rates, we're looking forward to trying it at this price point. Good luck everyone!
We got offered Saratoga springs too but didnt want the kids to sleep on a sofa...it was a king bed and sofa bed studio..glad you changed..enjoy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter