• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My favorite resort is CBR love to walk resort early in the mornings, DH and I are planning an adult only trip with friends in October. Even with the construction this is our resort. DS21 and I stayed at POP in Dec. liked it but no coffee maker in room and want bigger size bed for DH and I. Just wondering why we can only get King Rooms wanted standard. Staying Monday to Friday. Last two years we have gone in September hoping for a little cooler weather in October.

I do have to say I will miss Barbados. Used to get Jamaica, the year the bridge was out we didn't put a request in and got Barbados was just as happy there liked being close to Custom House.
We are only staying 2 days in September and only kings show up but if you change dates for a week all the rooms are available. I dont understand it either.

So sad that you're right about that last part. This is a horrible situation & Disney is just making it worse. I can't believe they have CMs telling guests they should be happy with bad outcomes??? Maybe Disney should give up calling us "guests". I don't know anyone who treats their guests this way.

When is your trip? There is still the possibility of public discounts for summer & later. And there are some travel agencies that have excellent rates for certain dates & resorts, including Beach Club. Also, would Swan & Dolphin work for you? Have you ever been to POR? It isn't beachy, but it is a beautiful resort. I hope you'll be able to enjoy your vacation. :flower3:

Once I checked My Disney Experience today I noticed we didn't get the room as promised on the phone for POR. So I decided to pick up the phone directly (again) and after a bit more then an hour I spoke to this very understanding and kind CM. Told him the whole story and apparently they were more flexible today and keen on fixing all issues that raised this weekend with guests. He did his upper best to fix it and eventually I had two choices, go back to CBR and get the 75 dollar credit per night or get (almost) the same amount off a deluxe resort. Since I really didn't want to risk a noisy 2 week holiday we decided to go for a deluxe near Epcot for some extra money (very reasonable). I am very happy it's fixed! Kudos to CM Truman! Looking very forward to our holiday again. :yay:

So if I call bell services the night before check out they will come to my room and pick up myself, my grandson and our luggage to be taken to RAC to check in for our flight and drop off our bags? also will they hold our carry on bag while we spend time in MK on our last morning?
Do the resort buses stop at the place where you have to do airline check in or would we need to walk to another spot? thanks

Help! Just reading this having received email from our travel agent today. We are due to stay at CBR in August and had a preferred room as well as the free dining plan booked as wanted to be close to pool, food etc.

Can anyone advise whether the new food locations will be anywhere near the preferred rooms or if this is now a waste of time (if we chose to stay). I find it amazing the inconsistencies of people being offered $75 a day but that being rescinded before we even knew about it. We really do not want to stay in a resort with building work and limited food options, but really don't know what we will do. We have called our travel agent as booked through them rather than Disney but they said they can't do anything till the morning.

Also, one of the reasons for the preferred room in CBR was the option of a pull down bed so we each have our own bed. Does anyone know if other resorts such as POR also have pull down, or at least roll away beds?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks @buzznina for the March recreation calendar! Do you (or anyone else!) happen to know anything about what the Disney Junior Pool Party is like?

Also, one of the reasons for the preferred room in CBR was the option of a pull down bed so we each have our own bed. Does anyone know if other resorts such as POR also have pull down, or at least roll away beds?

Thanks for any help!

At CBR the preferred rooms don't all have the pull down bed. You are only guaranteed a pull down if you have 5 on your reservation.

At CBR the preferred rooms don't all have the pull down bed. You are only guaranteed a pull down if you have 5 on your reservation.

Really? My travel agent said that it included the pulldown and was one of the reasons we chose it. Something else I need to follow up! This is all so frustrating as these holidays cost so much and it doesn't seem like Disney is making it easy for people to get an appropriate compromise.

Really? My travel agent said that it included the pulldown and was one of the reasons we chose it. Something else I need to follow up! This is all so frustrating as these holidays cost so much and it doesn't seem like Disney is making it easy for people to get an appropriate compromise.

If you book preferred at POR, you are guaranteed the pull down bed, all the preferred buildings there are in the Alligator Bayou section, which all have the Murphy beds. But they are pretty small, really only suitable for a child or smaller adult, not anywhere near a full size bed.

So if I call bell services the night before check out they will come to my room and pick up myself, my grandson and our luggage to be taken to RAC to check in for our flight and drop off our bags? also will they hold our carry on bag while we spend time in MK on our last morning?
Do the resort buses stop at the place where you have to do airline check in or would we need to walk to another spot? thanks

Yes, Bell Services will come pick you guys and your luggage up and bring you to The Custom House. Yes, Bell Services will hold your carryons.

The park busses do not stop at The Custom House but the Barbados bus stop is 30 yards from the back exit of The Custom House.

If you book preferred at POR, you are guaranteed the pull down bed, all the preferred buildings there are in the Alligator Bayou section, which all have the Murphy beds. But they are pretty small, really only suitable for a child or smaller adult, not anywhere near a full size bed.

The third bed is for my 9 year old and she is fairly small anyway so hopefully that would be fine

We are staying in a preferred at the end of March. I thought I remembered somewhere someone talking about there was already some construction going on even though everything isn't shutting down until May 1st. I can't seem to find that info though. Is there any?

The third bed is for my 9 year old and she is fairly small anyway so hopefully that would be fine

If you're worried about the construction at CBR, I'd try to get them to move you to a preferred room at POR. It's a beautiful resort (in my opinion anyway - it's my family's first choice!), and you would be guaranteed close to food court and also the pull down bed, which should be fine for a 9 year old. My son slept in it on our last trip,and he was 13, though he likes to squeeze into tight spaces :)

We are staying in a preferred at the end of March. I thought I remembered somewhere someone talking about there was already some construction going on even though everything isn't shutting down until May 1st. I can't seem to find that info though. Is there any?

Nothing has started yet.

Yes, Bell Services will come pick you guys and your luggage up and bring you to The Custom House. Yes, Bell Services will hold your carryons.

The park busses do not stop at The Custom House but the Barbados bus stop is 30 yards from the back exit of The Custom House.

Any idea how long before our magical express departure time should we call bell services? Our flight leaves in the afternoon

Any idea how long before our magical express departure time should we call bell services? Our flight leaves in the afternoon

If you plan on using RAC, I would call the night before and schedule a pickup around 11AM as the RAC desk closes at Noon. If you're not planning on using RAC, I would schedule pickup 1 hour before your Magical Express pickup time.

Hasn't the construction at Trinidad started?

Sorry, yes. For the last 10 pages or so the conversation has been about the large construction project around OPR and the Main Feature Pool. The work by Trinidad South has been going on for about a month now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter