Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Also, we are a long ways out, but I'm just thinking about vacation this morning.

Last couple trips at other resorts, we've been getting king rooms without asking.
I think because it's just two of us.
We don't actually prefer king rooms, so can our request be along the lines of - two queens please?

Are there many King rooms at Boardwalk? Inn side.

Last edited:
Oh gotcha! It opens in the afternoon but I’m pretty sure you can still go outside.
Yes. Totall typically you can. DH has had work meetings out there during the day
During our trip a week ago it was closed for the remodel. No idea how long that will last. There were several lifts staged in the area while they worked on the outside

Hi all! Considering a Studio villa (Garden View) for a stay in late July. Is there still construction on the DVC side? Are all common areas, pools, etc. completed at this point?

Hi all! Considering a Studio villa (Garden View) for a stay in late July. Is there still construction on the DVC side? Are all common areas, pools, etc. completed at this point?
There is no construction on the DVC side. They are actively refurbing the Inn now and will start the DVC villas this fall.

Yes. Totall typically you can. DH has had work meetings out there during the day
During our trip a week ago it was closed for the remodel. No idea how long that will last. There were several lifts staged in the area while they worked on the outside
Thank you for the info. We check in in about 2 weeks. We love the bar but never sit outside. We always say we should and never follow through. I’m sure it’s nicely on a nice day.

Also, we are a long ways out, but I'm just thinking about vacation this morning.

Last couple trips at other resorts, we've been getting king rooms without asking.
I think because it's just two of us.
We don't actually prefer king rooms, so can our request be along the lines of - two queens please?
Yes. I make a 2 queen request all the time when I’m traveling with just 1 friend or 1 family member. They’ve always honored it, I just use the chat feature to make the request.

The balcony was closed when we went two weeks ago also.

So I finally took the leap and booked (cash) a Deluxe Studio Garden View room. This will be my first time staying at Boardwalk. I’ll be having a staycation over 4th of July weekend, so I’m super excited to not worry about transportation after a fun night at EPCOT.

Typically, I request a high floor and away from elevator. I’m a light sleeper and travel with a sound machine and earplugs.

However, I’d really prefer to not be near Jellyrolls, since I’m a light sleeper and the thumping music might keep me awake.

I don’t want to put too many items on the room request, so I was thinking…

“High floor, pool view” (if I get placed near an elevator, I’d be OK with that over hearing music at 1am from Jellyrolls).

Is there a better way to word my very particular preferences? :earboy2:

So I finally took the leap and booked (cash) a Deluxe Studio Garden View room. This will be my first time staying at Boardwalk. I’ll be having a staycation over 4th of July weekend, so I’m super excited to not worry about transportation after a fun night at EPCOT.

Typically, I request a high floor and away from elevator. I’m a light sleeper and travel with a sound machine and earplugs.

However, I’d really prefer to not be near Jellyrolls, since I’m a light sleeper and the thumping music might keep me awake.

I don’t want to put too many items on the room request, so I was thinking…

“High floor, pool view” (if I get placed near an elevator, I’d be OK with that over hearing music at 1am from Jellyrolls).

Is there a better way to word my very particular preferences? :earboy2:
Use the following to hone in on a room and have it in mind when you check in...or Touring Plans will do it for you 30 days in advance. I have had success getting the room or a room close to it via this method:
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-boardwalk-villas?trip_id=1040549

We were put in the literal last room in building. It was a bit of a hike as far as walking, but we literally didn't hear a peep of noise the entire stay, in that room. It was great. There was also an exterior door right by it, so we could go out that, and be halfway to the park (HS I think)....we were on the Villa side

We were put in the literal last room in building. It was a bit of a hike as far as walking, but we literally didn't hear a peep of noise the entire stay, in that room. It was great. There was also an exterior door right by it, so we could go out that, and be halfway to the park (HS I think)....we were on the Villa side
We were also just at the VERY VERY end of that side of the building in May, garden view studio. No noise at all from Jellyrolls. Which is actually the other end, farther from DHS.

As above, there are relatively few P/G view rooms near Jellyrolls, so a request for "high floor, pool view" should be good. See map here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-standard-studio-view-of-what.3498521/#post-55476961. The P/G views are along the red lines; Jellyrolls is basically at the end that's under the swirly watermark.

We decided after last trip to never stay in a Boardwalk view again. We were on the top floor closer to the green but people came out of Jellyrolls multiple nights of our trip walking down the boardwalk yelling between 1 and 2 am and it woke us up.

Which is better for a family of 5 (see signature), BWI or BWV?
We have previously been comfortable in YC and GF rooms with 2 queens and a convertible sofa. We may be doing a last minute trip in July so please consider how construction may factor into the recommendation. Thanks!

Last edited:
Which is better for a family of 5 (see signature), BWI or BWV?
We have previously been comfortable in YC and GF studios. We may be doing a last minute trip in July so please consider how construction may factor into the recommendation. Thanks!
??? Not sure what you stayed in before.

YC doesn't have studios. GF has the original studios but it also has the newer resort studios which are set up differently. I think the resort studios have 2 queen beds and a single pull-down bed, and no kitchenette.

A BWV studio will have a queen size bed, a double-size sleeper sofa, and a pull-down bed which is smaller than twin size. If all of the beds are open, there's not a lot of room to move around. The studio will have a kitchenette.

You probably can find room tours on youtube.

??? Not sure what you stayed in before.

YC doesn't have studios. GF has the original studios but it also has the newer resort studios which are set up differently. I think the resort studios have 2 queen beds and a single pull-down bed, and no kitchenette.

A BWV studio will have a queen size bed, a double-size sleeper sofa, and a pull-down bed which is smaller than twin size. If all of the beds are open, there's not a lot of room to move around. The studio will have a kitchenette.

You probably can find room tours on youtube.
I meant just a normal room, not DVC. I edited my post for clarity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!