Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I just did my check in for tomorrow and it gave me the option of every other day housekeeping or no housekeeping. I had thought housekeeping was back to normal, which is daily? We’re staying club level if that makes a difference. I thought we had daily housekeeping when we stayed CL back in October, but I might be misremembering.
Housekeeping is daily for club level. I had it when I was there in February and March.

Thanks, that makes sense and fits with why I thought we had it back on October.I hope we get it daily, I love coming back to a tidy room, new towels, and a bed that’s made. It’s a perk of being in a resort and not at my house lol.
We were there recently and it was daily (in CL) so it should be the same. We’ll be there tomorrow so maybe we’ll see you there! Have a great trip!

Hi! I’m new to the BWI board, never having stayed there. We stayed at YC last October (our first Deluxe) and loved being on Crescent Lake. The location can’t be beat.

When bookings opened on June 8th for next year, I was looking for a Standard or Garden View at YC, BC, or BWI. I initially booked a Water View at BC because that was all that was available. But a Garden View at BWI showed up a couple days ago, so I switched. I’ve always wanted to stay at BWI, but I am a little worried that the rooms may be dated and have their share of wear and tear. I know it’s been some time since they’ve been refurbed. I know they are due to be refurbed soon, so I’m crossing my fingers they are done before October 2023. It if they aren’t, give me honest takes on how the rooms are.

Also, if I make my only request to be near elevators, am I likely to get it? I’ve heard the hallways can be long and winding, much like at YC. We got lucky last year with a room near the elevators. I’m hoping to continue that streak.
You switched from BC to BWI? Honestly, BC more worn than BWI so you did better there in my opinion.

The inn side does not have exit stairs from the end of the halls, you have to go to the center by the main elevators. We had the second from the last room at the end of the hall (toward the ESPN club) once. To get out we had to walk all the way back to the main elevators and take the elevator to the lobby level, and then walk to the stairs (or a separate elevator) to go down to the Boardwalk level. It was a PITA, I wished for exit stairs down there so badly. We would have been so close to Epcot if we could have hopped down stairs right there. From my understanding the Villas side does have stairs and exits out the long hallways and elevators that go to the boardwalk level instead of having to do that transfer on the lobby floor- but we haven’t stayed on that side to try ourselves.

If someone tells me now that there were actually stairs down there past our room on that end I’ll be so annoyed lol! My understanding was that there were not, you had to backtrack and go out the center.
Because most of that area dumps you out in their service area so they don't/can't have guests back there. Very little of the BWI building fronts towards the Boardwalk

Have a wonderful trip!!! Can you please take a picture of the activity schedule, if you have time, for me? Thank you so much!!!
Thanks! Do you know where it might be? I’ll try to take a picture when I walk back to Swan for the luggage and sleeping DD lol!

Checked in today. Had asked for high floor close to elevators. Got 2338. It is like a mile from everything. We do overlook a small pool, but of course it isnt where my teen and tween want to he. Please tell me something good about this room!! We are disappointed and I need cheering up. Didn't ask to move because we got here at 6:30 so I assume nothing is available. Plus what a hassle to move.
Also you don’t need an elevator. There is a stair case next to 2340 that will be a shortcut to the large outdoor stair case to the lobby. I have been in that section twice.

It’s so much easier to get to the quiet pool from here and great for a quick night swim.

Room assignment is so random at times. I often think they assign based on when rooms get clean. How long is your stay? For a longer trip/more than 4 days you could request a change. Not worth it for a quick trip IMO.

Dd and I just used that staircase and it was so much quicker. Then next trip we did cl and it was so far away from the elevator and you had to use it. In the end we realized this was a nice spot.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned
I’m at BWI now and asked, being told during an 8 week period around March through May for the BWI CL room and lounge remodel. It will be totally closed. They have not been given specific dates yet. There is already a period blocked where you aren‘t able to book. Don’t know if it’s only blocked out for 8 weeks or if right now it’s longer until they can narrow down their exact start date

Because most of that area dumps you out in their service area so they don't/can't have guests back there. Very little of the BWI building fronts towards the Boardwalk
Whatever the reason it was darn poor resort planning IMHO! But we survived it yet again lol.

Whatever the reason it was darn poor resort planning IMHO! But we survived it yet again lol.
I think you’ll find folks will have a long list of things that were done poorly when they designed the layout of the resort.

Not sure anyone can explain some of the choices made

Not sure if it’s been mentioned
I’m at BWI now and asked, being told during an 8 week period around March through May for the BWI CL room and lounge remodel. It will be totally closed. They have not been given specific dates yet. There is already a period blocked where you aren‘t able to book. Don’t know if it’s only blocked out for 8 weeks or if right now it’s longer until they can narrow down their exact start date
Thanks for the heads up!!

I think you’ll find folks will have a long list of things that were done poorly when they designed the layout of the resort.

Not sure anyone can explain some of the choices made
One of the interesting thing I read was that at the time the Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club were built, the assumption was that anyone staying at a hotel at that price point would want to eat at a table service restaurant. As a result, these hotels were not designed to have food courts.

One of the interesting thing I read was that at the time the Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club were built, the assumption was that anyone staying at a hotel at that price point would want to eat at a table service restaurant. As a result, these hotels were not designed to have food courts.
I disagree about their logic connecting the price point and table service they aren’t wrong about their not needing a food court. That’s is not one of the curious design questions I have about BWI.

does Belle Vue lounge offer any breakfast options in the morning? coffee, pastries, muffins? if not, where is the closest spot? how close if from the main lobby?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter