Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Check Out the Newest Construction Updates at Disney’s Boardwalk

Boardwalk refurb

There is plenty of yellow tape blocking off certain areas from guests.
Boardwalk refurb

The railings are getting a fresh coat of paint!

Boardwalk refurb

Boardwalk refurb

Here is some cleverly placed foliage to block some of the construction from guest views.
Boardwalk refurb

It appears that work is being done on ESPN Club as they get ready for the newest location, Cake Bake!
Boardwalk refurb

IMG_1401-300x225.jpg

The excitement is definitely building for the new location.
Boardwalk refurb

The classic Disney “pardon our appearance “signs are conveniently placed letting guests know that the area is being refurbished.
There is still plenty of fun to experience.
Boardwalk refurb

Green construction guards are also around Abracadabar.
Boardwalk refurb

Check Out the Newest Construction Updates at Disney’s Boardwalk

Boardwalk refurb

There is plenty of yellow tape blocking off certain areas from guests.
Boardwalk refurb

The railings are getting a fresh coat of paint!

Boardwalk refurb

Boardwalk refurb

Here is some cleverly placed foliage to block some of the construction from guest views.
Boardwalk refurb

It appears that work is being done on ESPN Club as they get ready for the newest location, Cake Bake!
Boardwalk refurb

IMG_1401-300x225.jpg

The excitement is definitely building for the new location.
Boardwalk refurb

The classic Disney “pardon our appearance “signs are conveniently placed letting guests know that the area is being refurbished.
There is still plenty of fun to experience.
Boardwalk refurb

Green construction guards are also around Abracadabar.
Boardwalk refurb
Oh yeah, they started that while we were there last week.
Heavy work going on, jack hammering concrete around Abracadabra
Odd thing, there was no notice about the noise and it was significant.
Spoke with staff at Inn Keepers and they were totally in the dark about what was happening with Abracadabra area. The rest was expected, down around ESPN end. But not around Abracadabra. They had no idea what was going on there, nor did the chef. She was going to try to find out but we moved to Universal before I had a chance to ask them about it

What room category did you reserve?

Do you like long walks down endless hallways or near elevator(s) with a risk of early morning / late night hallway noise?

Dave

We've never stayed at the BWI. Arriving in 10 days.

What type of room request should I make? Large balcony?
garden view, no I don't like long walks down the hallways - lol
In your case I'd probably start with near elevator and leave it at that. That is already very few rooms as vast majority are not near the elevators just by nature of the resort layout. Only 3, 4 on each floor are close and then progressively get further away.
You could add large balcony buy those are very few, leaving yourself with few options for rooms. Regular balconies aren't that small, you can sit on them all.

In your case I'd probably start with near elevator and leave it at that. That is already very few rooms as vast majority are not near the elevators just by nature of the resort layout. Only 3, 4 on each floor are close and then progressively get further away.
You could add large balcony buy those are very few, leaving yourself with few options for rooms. Regular balconies aren't that small, you can sit on them all.
Thanks for the info! I'm gonna call now and see how long the wait is to add this.

So if you don’t want a long walk and have no care as to the category/view—-what would you book? I just don’t want to walk kids miles to the room. Happy to look at a dumpster to avoid tears.

So if you don’t want a long walk and have no care as to the category/view—-what would you book? I just don’t want to walk kids miles to the room. Happy to look at a dumpster to avoid tears.
We've stayed at BWV in room 2060 which was right off the lobby, deluxe studio facing the pool and so easy to get to the boardwalk, the lobby, restaurants, Epcot/DHS. We were a 30 sec walk to the lobby and never felt like our room was loud at all. Very little on property walking imo. If you feel like you would want to be closer to Epcot, the Inn side is closer and the Villas side is closer to DHS however, I don't feel like BW is a huge hotel so even if you are at an end of a hall, it's no where near as lengthy as some of the other disney area resorts like OKW, Saratoga.

garden view, no I don't like long walks down the hallways - lol
Then you want a 5th floor room at the BWI. It is a short section of hallway with many great Garden view rooms. You can also ask for a room that overlooks the Village Green (section between the BWI and the BWV).

Next shortest floors would be the 1st floor (one level down from the lobby level and my third choice would be the 2nd floor (lobby level).

Dave

you booking villa side or inn side?

I know most Standard rooms are there along the route to the buses, so pretty close to the elevators and lobby. But, there are a handful at the complete opposite end, the furthest point. Odds are in your favor to the the ones closer but you can't rule out the further rooms either. They do exist.

You could play around with views at Touring Plans room finder and see where some of the various rooms come up at
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-boardwalk-inn

It also helps give you an idea of how long the walk is to the lobby from any room location. I haven't found them to be all that bad even at the furthest. Nothing like many other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter