Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Did you use a stairwell and cut across the parking lot? Because the Concierge wasn't aware of any short cut. Thanks.

Did you use a stairwell and cut across the parking lot? Because the Concierge wasn't aware of any short cut. Thanks.

At first I thought you were walking about the small pool on the Villas side, but I was also talking about stairwells and getting outside asap.
I see on the map that you can cut across by the tennis courts, so that you don't have to walk around the building.
If you can find an exit by the Conference Center, you can maybe cut through Building 2.
Or worst case, you may have to exit through the front entrance.

...and added bonus, if you can find that Conference Center exit, you are right next to the bus stop.

1656168583292.png

Getting excited for our check-in to BWI on Saturday! We booked a garden view room and requested a high floor with a view of EPCOT...so I'm sure we'll end up with a low floor view of an interior courtyard or something :) No matter...just super excited to head back to our happy place. Our last visit to WDW was July of 2019 (also at BWI) so we're prepared for the heat and humidity and ready to have some fun.

Hi! I’m new to the BWI board, never having stayed there. We stayed at YC last October (our first Deluxe) and loved being on Crescent Lake. The location can’t be beat.

When bookings opened on June 8th for next year, I was looking for a Standard or Garden View at YC, BC, or BWI. I initially booked a Water View at BC because that was all that was available. But a Garden View at BWI showed up a couple days ago, so I switched. I’ve always wanted to stay at BWI, but I am a little worried that the rooms may be dated and have their share of wear and tear. I know it’s been some time since they’ve been refurbed. I know they are due to be refurbed soon, so I’m crossing my fingers they are done before October 2023. It if they aren’t, give me honest takes on how the rooms are.

Also, if I make my only request to be near elevators, am I likely to get it? I’ve heard the hallways can be long and winding, much like at YC. We got lucky last year with a room near the elevators. I’m hoping to continue that streak.

Getting excited for our check-in to BWI on Saturday! We booked a garden view room and requested a high floor with a view of EPCOT...so I'm sure we'll end up with a low floor view of an interior courtyard or something :) No matter...just super excited to head back to our happy place. Our last visit to WDW was July of 2019 (also at BWI) so we're prepared for the heat and humidity and ready to have some fun.
If you can remember or have time, can you please take a picture of the Recreation calendar for me? Thank you! I hope you have a great trip!!

Hi! I’m new to the BWI board, never having stayed there. We stayed at YC last October (our first Deluxe) and loved being on Crescent Lake. The location can’t be beat.

When bookings opened on June 8th for next year, I was looking for a Standard or Garden View at YC, BC, or BWI. I initially booked a Water View at BC because that was all that was available. But a Garden View at BWI showed up a couple days ago, so I switched. I’ve always wanted to stay at BWI, but I am a little worried that the rooms may be dated and have their share of wear and tear. I know it’s been some time since they’ve been refurbed. I know they are due to be refurbed soon, so I’m crossing my fingers they are done before October 2023. It if they aren’t, give me honest takes on how the rooms are.

Also, if I make my only request to be near elevators, am I likely to get it? I’ve heard the hallways can be long and winding, much like at YC. We got lucky last year with a room near the elevators. I’m hoping to continue that streak.
I’ve had good luck with this request. Anytime we stay in a standard room I always request near the elevator and get it. I know it’s not guaranteed but it tends to work for us. After all that walking all day, near the elevator is wonderful!

I’ve had good luck with this request. Anytime we stay in a standard room I always request near the elevator and get it. I know it’s not guaranteed but it tends to work for us. After all that walking all day, near the elevator is wonderful!
Does BWI have those other exits/stairs like YC and BC have? Last year I was at the end of that long hallway but I was able to go down stairs and exit that way. We have a garden view booked for BWI in August and not sure if it's worth making any requests.

Does BWI have those other exits/stairs like YC and BC have? Last year I was at the end of that long hallway but I was able to go down stairs and exit that way. We have a garden view booked for BWI in August and not sure if it's worth making any requests.
There are some stairs. There was one just beyond our door and it took us down to the quiet pool which was super convenient. Not sure about how many.

The inn side does not have exit stairs from the end of the halls, you have to go to the center by the main elevators. We had the second from the last room at the end of the hall (toward the ESPN club) once. To get out we had to walk all the way back to the main elevators and take the elevator to the lobby level, and then walk to the stairs (or a separate elevator) to go down to the Boardwalk level. It was a PITA, I wished for exit stairs down there so badly. We would have been so close to Epcot if we could have hopped down stairs right there. From my understanding the Villas side does have stairs and exits out the long hallways and elevators that go to the boardwalk level instead of having to do that transfer on the lobby floor- but we haven’t stayed on that side to try ourselves.

If someone tells me now that there were actually stairs down there past our room on that end I’ll be so annoyed lol! My understanding was that there were not, you had to backtrack and go out the center.

The inn side does not have exit stairs from the end of the halls, you have to go to the center by the main elevators. We had the second from the last room at the end of the hall (toward the ESPN club) once. To get out we had to walk all the way back to the main elevators and take the elevator to the lobby level, and then walk to the stairs (or a separate elevator) to go down to the Boardwalk level. It was a PITA, I wished for exit stairs down there so badly. We would have been so close to Epcot if we could have hopped down stairs right there. From my understanding the Villas side does have stairs and exits out the long hallways and elevators that go to the boardwalk level instead of having to do that transfer on the lobby floor- but we haven’t stayed on that side to try ourselves.

If someone tells me now that there were actually stairs down there past our room on that end I’ll be so annoyed lol! My understanding was that there were not, you had to backtrack and go out the center.
Thank you. Just updated my check in to add by an elevator!

I just did my check in for tomorrow and it gave me the option of every other day housekeeping or no housekeeping. I had thought housekeeping was back to normal, which is daily? We’re staying club level if that makes a difference. I thought we had daily housekeeping when we stayed CL back in October, but I might be misremembering.

I just did my check in for tomorrow and it gave me the option of every other day housekeeping or no housekeeping. I had thought housekeeping was back to normal, which is daily? We’re staying club level if that makes a difference. I thought we had daily housekeeping when we stayed CL back in October, but I might be misremembering.
I don't think housekeeping has been daily lately.

From the Disney website, for regular (not DVC) rooms:

Prior to Your Arrival
Your room will undergo comprehensive cleaning—with added attention to:
  • High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
  • Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
During Your Stay

Your room will receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). This service will include:

• Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
In addition, housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms.

Inside Your Room

• Individually wrapped glassware
  • Additional items that have been cleaned, sealed or wrapped in single-use packaging
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/housekeeping-service/

This isn’t in writing anywhere, but CL rooms have been receiving daily normal housekeeping since CL reopened at each resort. A nice perk for sure. Although note, nightly turndown service has not returned anywhere.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Looking to book Boardwalk Villas in March 2023. We've never been there before. I assume everything is open in March? (Cept Covid and construction closures?)

I don't think housekeeping has been daily lately.

From the Disney website, for regular (not DVC) rooms:

Prior to Your Arrival
Your room will undergo comprehensive cleaning—with added attention to:
  • High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
  • Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
During Your Stay

Your room will receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). This service will include:

• Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
In addition, housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms.

Inside Your Room

• Individually wrapped glassware
  • Additional items that have been cleaned, sealed or wrapped in single-use packaging
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/housekeeping-service/

This isn’t in writing anywhere, but CL rooms have been receiving daily normal housekeeping since CL reopened at each resort. A nice perk for sure. Although note, nightly turndown service has not returned anywhere.

Thanks all! I knew it had been every other day, but a while ago (maybe a couple of months) I know I had read about housekeeping returning to “normal”, starting at certain resorts IIRC. I know I read it because I was thrilled to read it, and commented on the thread about it. It appears that really hasn’t taken off? Uggg, that has to be knew of my least favorite casualties of COVID. I really think Hotels/resorts are dragging their feet on bringing it back- it’s time. Whether it’s to save money or because of staffing I don’t know, but it’s time to figure it out and bring it back.

Thanks, that makes sense and fits with why I thought we had it back on October.I hope we get it daily, I love coming back to a tidy room, new towels, and a bed that’s made. It’s a perk of being in a resort and not at my house lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!