Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Looking for some guidance on the pull down Dumbo bed in the studios. We are leaving shortly and taking the grandkids for the first time. Plan on putting the 2yo who currently sleeps in a toddler bed in that bed. Was wondering if someone can give me an approximate measurement of how far off the floor it is, in case I may need bed rails. Everything I'm finding is the mattress dimensions.
We've stayed in the studios and it's high enough to likely need to fashion something, even the inflatable rails. I would guess it's about 2ish feet off the floor and also too, the mattress is inside the tv table area so it's surrounded by wood. I do know that the studios usually have a pack and play but that might be rough if they're used to their toddler bed. But the pull down murphy is def higher off the floor than a toddler bed.

The staff don't even know when it's starting, but some on the CL board noticed CL rooms not being available starting Spring-Summer 2023 (early-ish April to end of May), so it's a hint that they are doing those rooms then. The villa side isn't necessarily on the same schedule as the inn side for a refurb, much like Poly they probably won't start that until the inn side is complete or close to completion. That being said, there is no way the rooms will be done by february, especially considering they have haven't even started doing anything with resort rooms yet and it's pretty much been all touch-up paint and closed dining spaces.

I was curious so I played with the reservation system. It won't let me make a reservation for any Inn side room (CL or otherwise) starting on March 7th (i.e. checkout on march 6th works, but March 7th no)

I don't see a category for boardwalk view for DVC. Is there no way to make sure you get that kind of view with DVC? Studio Villa?

Thanks
For DVC there are 3 views if you are booking with points- boardwalk, pool/garden, and standard. So there is a bookable boardwalk view. The BW view is popular and can be hard to get from what I understand, I haven’t stayed in one. Honestly I’m not sure if you are booking a DVC room with cash through Disney, I would assume there is still a bookable boardwalk view.

I don't see a category for boardwalk view for DVC. Is there no way to make sure you get that kind of view with DVC? Studio Villa?

Thanks
As PP said, you don't request a Boardwalk View at BWV, you book it. It's a booking category. As PP also said, they can go fast.

Thanks
Can be very hard to book. We almost always book ours 11 months in advance. From what I understand the boardwalk view DVC rooms are not often available for cash, if ever.

Can be very hard to book. We almost always book ours 11 months in advance. From what I understand the boardwalk view DVC rooms are not often available for cash, if ever.
Are they worth it? I can deal with the minimal theming of the area with a cool boardwalk view of the epcot ball

And I hear they can be noisy, but does that matter if you don't even get back to the room till 11-1130 at night, and wake up at 9?

Are they worth it? I can deal with the minimal theming of the area with a cool boardwalk view of the epcot ball

And I hear they can be noisy, but does that matter if you don't even get back to the room till 11-1130 at night, and wake up at 9?
I just had a Boardwalk view room on the Inn side, and they can be kinda noisy till 2am (or later since people can stay outside if they want). It didn’t bother me because I was always exhausted and got back to my room late most nights, but I know my kids wouldn’t have slept great if they were with me. Also to note, I couldn’t see Spaceship earth from the room or the Boardwalk, the villas have a bit better vantage point, but there are other buildings and trees in the way so you really only see the top of spaceship earth from a lot of views over there. It’s not bad really, you just don’t have a grand view of it. I really just love the view of the water and other resorts, especially at night, but I think I’ve had better views of SE from inn side garden view rooms. I’ve also had a villa there that was a pool view with a fantastic view of ToT, and that was much quieter than the boardwalk (we were over the quiet pool not the main pool).

So, basically, being “worth it” is totally subjective here. Kind of like club level rooms, they’re worth it if YOU feel they’re worth it, meanwhile someone else may feel it’s completely not worth it in the slightest bit. I personally wouldn’t worry about, if you think you won’t be bothered by the noise because you’ll be out late, then you won’t really be in your room to be all the worried about the view either.

Thanks
Not sure if you're trying to book direct with Disney for your studio or another method. FYI I just took a quick look at the BWV rooms on the map by category, there are only 30 boardwalk view studios. Which sounds like a lot but out of 532 total villas, so that's not that many. I know certain DVC room types are impossible to get and I'd guess this is the same. Might have better luck booking on the Inn side and just doing a water view and trying for a 2 queens/sleeper if space is needed. Also might help to scope the DVC threads and see what BWV owners say about this room category. It might be impossible for DVC owners so then even more so for non-DVC.

FYI from the DVC boards-looks like the studios get gobbled up fast. I'm sure Disney has their fair share of what they hold back for cash guests/non DVC but not sure of percentages.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/boardwalk-beach-club-studio-availability-11-months.3873781/

Thanks for the information. If I choose the resort, I would be renting from someone directly, hopefully at the 11 month mark. I wish I had the time to do like a quadruple split stay lol

Wow a page THREE rescue!! Lol..BW fans where are you!!
We have had 2 recent and really terrific BWI stays...I took alot of photos that I'm planning to share...such a lovely property...it's really nice to stroll around...I would encourage anyone planning a stay here to do just that..you're sure to find a nice spot to just sit and relax after those busy park days..or even before! Anyway..off to try and organize the pics I plan on posting..
Ohhhh..and...a bit of info that I learned at our last stay...probably already shared around here..but worth a 2nd mention IMO...Dundies Sundries will b turning into a quick service coffee spot..much like Bellevue Lounge is currently..and there will b lobby seating associated with it aswell...I'm guessing/hoping it will b where the former lobby concierge area is...time will tell...looking forward to all of the refurbishments and new additions to this very lovely resort! Just really hope it doesn't lose the wonderful turn of the century Atlantic City seaside resort feel that it has...
Happy Friday everyone!! 🙂

Wow a page THREE rescue!! Lol..BW fans where are you!!
We have had 2 recent and really terrific BWI stays...I took alot of photos that I'm planning to share...such a lovely property...it's really nice to stroll around...I would encourage anyone planning a stay here to do just that..you're sure to find a nice spot to just sit and relax after those busy park days..or even before! Anyway..off to try and organize the pics I plan on posting..
Ohhhh..and...a bit of info that I learned at our last stay...probably already shared around here..but worth a 2nd mention IMO...Dundies Sundries will b turning into a quick service coffee spot..much like Bellevue Lounge is currently..and there will b lobby seating associated with it aswell...I'm guessing/hoping it will b where the former lobby concierge area is...time will tell...looking forward to all of the refurbishments and new additions to this very lovely resort! Just really hope it doesn't lose the wonderful turn of the century Atlantic City seaside resort feel that it has...
Happy Friday everyone!! 🙂
Thanks for the info!

Yep our BWI stay in May was lovely!

I just switched our booking for the second half of our split stay in October 2023 over to BWI. When I booked on June 8th, I was looking for any Standard or Garden View at a Crescent Lake resort. The only thing available was Water View, so I booked at BC. This morning, a Garden View opened up at BWI. We’ve never stayed at here, YC being our first deluxe last year. I’m just hoping that the rumored refurbs are complete by then. And we may end up renting DVC points anyway, but at least we have what we want locked in.

Checked in today. Had asked for high floor close to elevators. Got 2338. It is like a mile from everything. We do overlook a small pool, but of course it isnt where my teen and tween want to he. Please tell me something good about this room!! We are disappointed and I need cheering up. Didn't ask to move because we got here at 6:30 so I assume nothing is available. Plus what a hassle to move.

Checked in today. Had asked for high floor close to elevators. Got 2338. It is like a mile from everything. We do overlook a small pool, but of course it isnt where my teen and tween want to he. Please tell me something good about this room!! We are disappointed and I need cheering up. Didn't ask to move because we got here at 6:30 so I assume nothing is available. Plus what a hassle to move.
Heh, that's the room I want. Cut's the walk to HS by a third.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter