• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I saw somewhere they were going to put a coffee bar or something in the lobby, maybe they will get that done if they totally shut down the bakery? I'll be there the last week in August but I don't drink soft drinks so haven't really paid that much attention to it. I'm cheap so I just make coffee in the room with the coffee pot they provide and bring more coffee with me. I even bring some to go cups with me, but have been known to ask Mousekeeping for more if I see them in the halls.
I am not a soda drinker either but my family is. So I don't keep up well with their plans and I'm happy with in room coffee, just with half the water (bottled of course) and I always ask for more pods. They are unlimited. If not from housekeeping, from the front desk. I tell them they can keep the decaf, just need the leaded stuff, LOL

I've seen a lot about ESPN construction starting but not a peep about the schedule to start doing rooms inside. have they started on the rooms yet or is that coming later?

I've seen a lot about ESPN construction starting but not a peep about the schedule to start doing rooms inside. have they started on the rooms yet or is that coming later?
It's coming later. That's the only peep that they've given, that it will come AFTER the dining on the Boardwalk. No start date given nor one expected. Just expected to start, just like it did with the Boardwalk construction. They were not forewarned it was beginning, just came in to work one day it and was ongoing.

I asked on the question section of Disneys site this is what I got about resort mugs

"you are correct. The Boardwalk Bakery will be closing down sometime soon to make way for the Boardwalk Deli. There has not been any announcement made on the exact date for its closure or new opening date, only that sometime later this summer the change will occur. I do expect the Boardwalk Bakery to close down for at least a short period of time for possible remodeling of the location. There is a chance that it will still be open when you arrive so it may not affect your trip dates at all. Until this announcement is made, they have not given any details on if they plan to set up a separate area for Guests to get coffee or soft drinks in the earlier morning hours.

If you need a place inside Disney's Boardwalk Inn to get a coffee or pastries in the morning, the Belle Vue Lounge opens at 7 AM. They serve a variety of continental breakfast options. I would check with them to see if they can fill your refillable mugs in the morning. Leaping Horse Libations opens at 11 AM, so this will give you additional options as the day progresses. "

I asked on the question section of Disneys site this is what I got about resort mugs

"you are correct. The Boardwalk Bakery will be closing down sometime soon to make way for the Boardwalk Deli. There has not been any announcement made on the exact date for its closure or new opening date, only that sometime later this summer the change will occur. I do expect the Boardwalk Bakery to close down for at least a short period of time for possible remodeling of the location. There is a chance that it will still be open when you arrive so it may not affect your trip dates at all. Until this announcement is made, they have not given any details on if they plan to set up a separate area for Guests to get coffee or soft drinks in the earlier morning hours.

If you need a place inside Disney's Boardwalk Inn to get a coffee or pastries in the morning, the Belle Vue Lounge opens at 7 AM. They serve a variety of continental breakfast options. I would check with them to see if they can fill your refillable mugs in the morning. Leaping Horse Libations opens at 11 AM, so this will give you additional options as the day progresses. "
What an incredibly long winded way of saying "We don't know when or how long the bakery will close, nor do we know the plan for morning refills during that time."

Yep, exactly what I'd been told about the construction. They don't know, and won't know, anything about what dates any of it's going to occur until they come to work that day and it's closed.

I will be at the Boardwalk villa in February. Are the refillable mugs available at the front desk for purchase? do they have the more expensive stainless steel available? where do I buy at Boardwalk?

What’s Cooking: BoardWalk Deli Coming Soon to Walt Disney World

Whether you’re heading out for a day in the parks or planning a cozy breakfast in your room, stop by the Deli to select from house-baked bagels with a choice of schmear, a variety of sweet breakfast pastries, or a warm bagel sandwich. Some of these delicious options include an Everything Bagel Sandwich with cage-free eggs, sausage, and cheddar cheese, a Bagel Breakfast Sandwichwith cage-free eggs, bacon, sweet caramelized onions, and cheddar cheese, or a Plant-based Ciabatta Sandwich with “egg” Florentine, plant-based cheese, tomato jam, and arugula that provides an exciting contrast of flavors. What a way to start your day!
For both lunch and dinner, your taste buds are in for a treat because there are multiple options that will transport you to the Northeast with every bite. Choose from a variety of cold and hot deli sandwiches served on traditional marble rye, fluffy ciabatta or soft and springy focaccia breads. As with the breakfast bagels, all breads are baked fresh in-house. I hope you’re hungry, because it’s time to break down all these bites for you.

The signature Italian Sub is built with layer upon layer of thinly sliced capicola, sopressata, and pepperoni with provolone, arugula, tomato, arugula pesto, and mayonnaise on fresh-baked ciabatta bread. The savory Warm Pastrami Reuben is a classic deli staple, with generous rolls of thin-sliced warm pastrami topped with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing on marble rye bread.
For a plant-based twist on a classic favorite, the Veggie Crunch Muffaletta is stacked with cured and pickled root vegetables, an olive-giardiniera tapenade and plant-based cheese, served on focaccia. With such bold and tangy flavors, it’s hard to believe this sandwich doesn’t have meat!

You can also opt for a Roasted Chicken Sandwich with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and roasted garlic aioli served on ciabatta or the Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tomato Soup–a classic guest favorite. Who can resist dunking a classic grilled cheese into a steaming cup of tomato soup?

To round off your meal, add a whole dill pickle, made in-house with the perfect amount of crunch and tanginess. How delicious! All of these mouthwatering sandwiches are served with a side of house-made chips, creamy coleslaw, or soup.
And what meal is complete without a sweet finish? There is no shortage of desserts to try here. The Cannolis are filled to order–yes, you heard that right –in a crispy shell with a creamy blend of mascarpone cheese, ricotta, and shaved dark chocolate, with a hint of lemon zest and a touch of Mickey. The rich and delicate Blueberry Scone is made with crème fraiche and topped with pearl sugar for a melt-in-your-mouth experience.
You can also get some Northeastern classics like the New Jersey Crumbcake, an imposing moist cake with a thick cinnamon-crumb topping, or the iconic New York-style Half-moon Cookietopped with rich chocolate ganache and buttercream.

Pastry-lovers will appreciate the delicate chocolate-dipped Cream Puff, hand-piped with silky custard, and the Raspberry Danish layered with velvet custard, fresh raspberries, and sugar crumble. We’re especially excited about the appearance of the beloved warm and gooey Cinnamon Yummies—a returning guest favorite. Lastly, there are some tried-and-true classics like rich cookies, decadent Brownie Cheesecake, brownies, the Cookies & Cream Cupcake, and the 50th Anniversary Celebration Cupcake.
In addition to all of these incredible eats, there are also some sips that can be enjoyed. Try the vibrant organic wine spritzes by Ramona in flavors of dry grapefruit, blood orange, and meyer lemon. You can also sip on bold and refreshing craft cocktails by Social Hour: Sunkissed Fizz, a bright and juicy vodka fizz that balances notes of ripe fruit and crisp citrus or the Prizefighter, a bold and refreshing Collins built around the classic combo of whiskey and peach.

"you are correct. The Boardwalk Bakery will be closing down sometime soon to make way for the Boardwalk Deli. There has not been any announcement made on the exact date for its closure or new opening date, only that sometime later this summer the change will occur.
And it looks like the Boardwalk Bakery is closed "as of" today based on MDE. And it looks like the new Boardwalk Deli has hours listed 7 AM - 10 PM on Monday, Aug. 15th

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/boardwalk-deli/

Can anyone confirm with an in person verification?

Dave

…and can you now order a whole pie from the pizza window again? I can’t keep up!
And breakfast! Starting tomorrow, it has hours starting at 7am and a minimal breakfast menu with coffee, pastries, a couple of breakfast sandwiches.

So, there's the answer. Pizza window is the temp refill and QS breakfast option until deli is ready.

Disney World’s NEW BoardWalk Deli Has Hours Listed for August

Starting August 15th, the Deli does list operating hours. It looks like the hours are generally 7AM to 10PM.

Keep in mind that this is just what the Disney World website shows right now. Things could change in the future, and those operating hours could go away, shift to a different date, or change in other ways. For now, it looks like this could be an indication that BoardWalk Deli could open on August 15th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter