Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

When we were at BWI last summer, they wouldn't let us refill mugs at Bellevue. They sent us down to the Bakery. To be clear: Bellevue was open and set up. The CM told us we had to go to the bakery.
That was our experience too.

When we were there pre CoVid we always refilled our mugs with coffee at Bellevue. The pots were free standing and we did it and no one batted an eye

Reactions: rlk
Well hopefully if the Bakery is going to be closed for the conversion they will make something else available temporarily or at least somehow allow access to the beverage machines. Didn't they used to refill the soda at the Pizza Window? They have the mug on their menu. I don't want to have to trek all the way to YC/BC just to get coffee, tea or cocoa if that's what I want to drink. Looks like the Pool Bar is scheduled to be open until 10pm each night but they don't list any Fountain Sodas or Iced Teas on their menu.

We just got back a couple of weeks ago. No mug refills at Belle Vue Lounge. You may refill them at the Bakery and the pool bar, the difference being there is no refill station at the pool bar. You will need to wait in line with those ordering drinks and ask the bartender for a refill. The pizza window is no longer doing refills either.

Well hopefully if the Bakery is going to be closed for the conversion they will make something else available temporarily or at least somehow allow access to the beverage machines. Didn't they used to refill the soda at the Pizza Window? They have the mug on their menu. I don't want to have to trek all the way to YC/BC just to get coffee, tea or cocoa if that's what I want to drink. Looks like the Pool Bar is scheduled to be open until 10pm each night but they don't list any Fountain Sodas or Iced Teas on their menu.
They have fountain soda and positively refill mugs. They don't open till something like 11am though. No idea about iced tea but they make mixed drinks like jack and coke. Got to have a soda to make jack and coke. They have the typical bar soda dispenser.

When we were at BWI last summer, they wouldn't let us refill mugs at Bellevue. They sent us down to the Bakery. To be clear: Bellevue was open and set up. The CM told us we had to go to the bakery.
Had to be some change when they reopened. They were a standard refill station prior to closure for Covid. Not a self service machine but the attendant did it just like down in the pool bar. When they were open.

We never stayed there before Covid, but before we went, I had read multiple places we could refill at Bellevue. It was super convenient to our room location as well. But it was a firm no go. Not sure why Covid would have changed that. But I've stopped questioning those things.

If the Bakery is shut. where the hell do you refill your mug ?

Seams a bit stupid that you cant use Bellevue.

Boardwalk the only resort you cant use a resort mug !

Last edited:

To be fair, the bakery isn't shut yet. Bellevue may well be allowing refills again when that location is unavailable. I agree, it would be a wild choice to only allow refills at the pool bar when the bakery shuts down for its refurb/rebrand.

We never stayed there before Covid, but before we went, I had read multiple places we could refill at Bellevue. It was super convenient to our room location as well. But it was a firm no go. Not sure why Covid would have changed that. But I've stopped questioning those things.
That was the same for us. The CM working at Belle Vue was very apologetic, but that didn't help get our mugs filled.

To be fair, the bakery isn't shut yet. Bellevue may well be allowing refills again when that location is unavailable. I agree, it would be a wild choice to only allow refills at the pool bar when the bakery shuts down for its refurb/rebrand.

Unless its going to be one of them shut downs over a day then boom reopen. But otherwise they will need to put a temp refill station somewhere

Not only that, it's not like Bellevue is run by a 3rd party, as far as I know anyway. So there's no reason at all for them to not allow refills there, but do allow them at the pool bar. I mean, I know they don't have the chip reader at either spot so I get that but I don't get if they are set up the same then it seems to me it would be the same rule. But then again, this is Disney, the place of illogical everything

Unless its going to be one of them shut downs over a day then boom reopen. But otherwise they will need to put a temp refill station somewhere
Interestingly, the Bakery still has daily hours listed for the next 60 days. I wonder if they're going to try to do this without shutting the location down, just switch out signs and menus overnight one night...

Interestingly, the Bakery still has daily hours listed for the next 60 days. I wonder if they're going to try to do this without shutting the location down, just switch out signs and menus overnight one night...
With their having the 2 door entrance and it sort of having almost 2 sides to it it's possible they can cut the place in half and put up a wall inside and work on half, leaving half to service at least beverages and maybe a take out to go case or something? Honestly no idea just sort of tossing thoughts out there.

Or maybe there's a way to put a beverage dispenser in over at the store where they have refrigerated goods now. I seem to recall a beverage of some sort over there, slushy maybe? Could they have the needed connections to include a soda dispenser? I honestly haven't a clue? Just throwing out another possible idea.

They've been doing something down at Abracadabra Bar that no one ever did figure out while I was there. It wasn't involved in any of the initial plans for the bakery stuff down at the ESPN end. Could they have been adding in some sort of temporary QS stuff? Just another musing cause I haven't any real insight beyond the Resort staff was totally in the dark on it

The pool bar will be great come 11am but it won't be any use for coffee in the morning, that's for sure.

With their having the 2 door entrance and it sort of having almost 2 sides to it it's possible they can cut the place in half and put up a wall inside and work on half, leaving half to service at least beverages and maybe a take out to go case or something? Honestly no idea just sort of tossing thoughts out there.

Or maybe there's a way to put a beverage dispenser in over at the store where they have refrigerated goods now. I seem to recall a beverage of some sort over there, slushy maybe? Could they have the needed connections to include a soda dispenser? I honestly haven't a clue? Just throwing out another possible idea.

They've been doing something down at Abracadabra Bar that no one ever did figure out while I was there. It wasn't involved in any of the initial plans for the bakery stuff down at the ESPN end. Could they have been adding in some sort of temporary QS stuff? Just another musing cause I haven't any real insight beyond the Resort staff was totally in the dark on it

The pool bar will be great come 11am but it won't be any use for coffee in the morning, that's for sure.

I'm guessing they're going to try to do this with as little downtime as possible, considering how limited QS options are on Crescent Lake. My assumption is that, for however long the bakery is down to switchover, Bellevue offers a temporarily expanded menu and refill station.

It could definitely be possible to do half and half. I used to work at the Disney Store in Times Square, and when they did a big renovation of the store, they first blocked off the second floor and we operated from the first floor only, then they switched it and worked on the first floor. The store itself was only closed completely for a couple of days to put all the polish on things and get everything staged correctly.

I saw somewhere they were going to put a coffee bar or something in the lobby, maybe they will get that done if they totally shut down the bakery? I'll be there the last week in August but I don't drink soft drinks so haven't really paid that much attention to it. I'm cheap so I just make coffee in the room with the coffee pot they provide and bring more coffee with me. I even bring some to go cups with me, but have been known to ask Mousekeeping for more if I see them in the halls.

ESPN Club Signs Removed During Demolition at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn

ESPN Club signs have been removed from above the building at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn. ESPN Club permanently closed earlier this year and demolition began last week.

espn club demo 2

espn club demo

espn club demo 6

espn club demo 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter