Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Checking in at BWI a week from today! Yay! So excited, but also nervous. We had originally booked our trip with the intention of avoiding the opening of SWGE. Well, that plan flew out the window with the early opening. After my initial freak out over that, I took a breath & thought, well even though it’ll probably be more crowded than we had hoped, it’ll be fine. Then the hurricane is coming and I’ve read a lot of people have canceled their trips & moved them to the next week, which is the week of our vacation. So I’m worried that will add to even more crowds. And I know rationally, it probably won’t be that much of a difference, but it’s hard to be rational when it comes to Disney vacations. So anyone have thoughts on added crowds? Reassurance that I’m being crazy would be nice. 🤪

We initially planned for this December, but postponed till next year because we thought SWGE was going to open closer to Christmas this year. That said, DH and I don't plan on going to DHS at all during our stay because it really doesn't have anything for us any more. I don't do the big coasters, or ToT. DH did those with the kids. And my Movie Ride is gone! DS would not forgive us if we saw SWGE without him so we are content to skip the whole park.

I think you will be fine next week, going to other parks. Sure the crowds may be up a bit, but even all those folks who cancelled their trips can't just move them to next week, so don't think everyone will show up then!

We paid for a waterview room in November at BWI with 2 queen beds. Does this guarantee a Boardwalk View? We have stayed here before, and we were upgraded for free once to a courtyard type of view, where you could see a smidge of the lake. I think touringplans shows a few of those rooms as waterview. While they were great for the free upgrade, I wouldnt want that view instead if the boardwalk view as I dont think its worth the extra $$.

We paid for a waterview room in November at BWI with 2 queen beds. Does this guarantee a Boardwalk View? We have stayed here before, and we were upgraded for free once to a courtyard type of view, where you could see a smidge of the lake. I think touringplans shows a few of those rooms as waterview. While they were great for the free upgrade, I wouldnt want that view instead if the boardwalk view as I dont think its worth the extra $$.

Since the Boardwalk surrounds the lake, a, water view is essentially a boardwalk view.

I've never stayed at BWI but all the positive feedback here makes me want to give it a try! We tend to enjoy the monorail resort area but it would be nice to have a close proximity to EPCOT for a change.

Checking in at BWI a week from today! Yay! So excited, but also nervous. We had originally booked our trip with the intention of avoiding the opening of SWGE. Well, that plan flew out the window with the early opening. After my initial freak out over that, I took a breath & thought, well even though it’ll probably be more crowded than we had hoped, it’ll be fine. Then the hurricane is coming and I’ve read a lot of people have canceled their trips & moved them to the next week, which is the week of our vacation. So I’m worried that will add to even more crowds. And I know rationally, it probably won’t be that much of a difference, but it’s hard to be rational when it comes to Disney vacations. So anyone have thoughts on added crowds? Reassurance that I’m being crazy would be nice. 🤪

I agree with the pp that you should be fine. Have a great trip :wizard:.

We just returned from our first stay at BWI that we almost cancelled because they announced the opening of SWGE after we had made our plans. We just decided that it couldn't be worse than Christmas week attendance and decided to go with it. We're very glad we did. Overall, the crowds were not a factor. We avoided DHS on opening day and the day after (We're not SW fans, BTW so we didn't feel we were missing out). We didn't really notice a huge difference in crowds from the same week in previous years. MNSSHP was definitely busier than previous years, but we weren't surprised by that with free dining, SWGE and the offering of a seasonal pass all brought into the mix this year. Don't panic, you should be fine!

I love BWI, it's such a beautiful resort! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed your first BWI stay :).

I am going back to BWI! We haven't stayed there in a few years instead opting for YC. We'll do BWI 12/15 through 12/19 and I'm splurging a bit for the CL. I'll be frequenting this thread to keep track of all the doings at BWI.

How exciting! Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

I've never stayed at BWI but all the positive feedback here makes me want to give it a try! We tend to enjoy the monorail resort area but it would be nice to have a close proximity to EPCOT for a change.

Hi grannyminnie :wave:

I'm a monorail girl too (love my Poly), but I tried BWI for the first time last year and absolutely LOVED it! The resort is beautiful and like you mentioned, it is nice being in close proximity to Epcot (as well as DHS). If the opportunity arises, I think giving BWI a try is a great idea ;).

Hi all! Quick question! What type of coffee maker is currently in the standard BWI rooms? Also, do they supply tea, or just coffee? TIA!

Hi all! Quick question! What type of coffee maker is currently in the standard BWI rooms? Also, do they supply tea, or just coffee? TIA!

We were there about a month ago and it was a Keurig.

Hi,
I have a quick question:
How fast do the DVC standard studios sell out? We are hoping to get one for the week of Thanksgiving 2020 and were wondering if we would have any realistic shot through a rental service.

Hi,
I have a quick question:
How fast do the DVC standard studios sell out? We are hoping to get one for the week of Thanksgiving 2020 and were wondering if we would have any realistic shot through a rental service.
Very quickly. I've seen people get them, but not really for holidays. You'd have better luck in a garden or water view, but even then from what I understand the studios can be difficult to get around high-traffic times. I have two family groups renting studios for April 2020, garden and water views. They had to wait several weeks to get them, because you have to have both people willing to rent the points, and studios open. I'd still give it a shot, but have a backup plan.

Very quickly. I've seen people get them, but not really for holidays. You'd have better luck in a garden or water view, but even then from what I understand the studios can be difficult to get around high-traffic times. I have two family groups renting studios for April 2020, garden and water views. They had to wait several weeks to get them, because you have to have both people willing to rent the points, and studios open. I'd still give it a shot, but have a backup plan.
thanks for the answer. We have AKV or VWL as a backup. Hoping to get lucky with the boardwalk though. We would be willing to split the stay between views or with the beach club if need be as well. I am hoping by being flexible we can get 6 nights with maybe one resort switch if we have to.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a quick question:
Standard villas at BWV are only about 20% of the total number of villas. Add in part of those are one bedrooms and you have maybe 10% of them available exactly at 11 months out, as long as someone else didn't book the days before you are arriving. A real long shot.

Standard villas at BWV are only about 20% of the total number of villas. Add in part of those are one bedrooms and you have maybe 10% of them available exactly at 11 months out, as long as someone else didn't book the days before you are arriving. A real long shot.
Thanks for the answer. Do you think the chances are decent if we are willing to take any studio, or still a long shot?

Thanks for the answer. Do you think the chances are decent if we are willing to take any studio, or still a long shot?
You'd have a better chance for the preferred/garden/water view over the standard or BW view.

You'd have a better chance for the preferred/garden/water view over the standard or BW view.
Thanks. We are planning on trying for whatever we can get at BW or Beach club, then filling in the rest with AKV if we have to.

I really hope we get to stay at BW for at least part of our trip.

Hi everyone! I have 2 random questions... we are staying in a standard studio...checking in Saturday.... CAN'T WAIT!!
Anyway, it's just a regular coffee maker, correct? Not a keuirg? And for some reason I remember there being a plastic laundry basket in the closet... am I imagining that? I'd like to do laundry during the week and I thought that would be great to use as a hamper and then I could just carry it to the laundry room.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I have 2 random questions... we are staying in a standard studio...checking in Saturday.... CAN'T WAIT!!
Anyway, it's just a regular coffee maker, correct? Not a keuirg? And for some reason I remember there being a plastic laundry basket in the closet... am I imagining that? I'd like to do laundry during the week and I thought that would be great to use as a hamper and then I could just carry it to the laundry room.

Thanks!

Yes, just a regular drip coffeepot that takes flat-bottom filters. It's usually a 10-12 cup model but some of the studios have 4 cup pots; if you need the larger one, just call housekeeping and they can (usually) bring you one.

I know there's a laundry basket in the master closet of the 1 and 2 bedroom villas, but we haven't stayed in studios often enough for me to know whether there will be one in the studio or not. I'm sure someone else will be along to help with that soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter