Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

No offense to anyone, but I don’t like sharing hygiene products with strangers, I’m betting that house keeping isn’t sanitizing those dispensers, although the thought just came to my mind the showers/baths probably aren’t sanitized either...........
It's slowly going to be harder and harder to find any hotels with single serve bottles. At least you are talking soap products. Soap sort of cleans itself, in some manner. They'd use cleaner to clean soap, which seems, I don't know, odd.

It's slowly going to be harder and harder to find any hotels with single serve bottles. At least you are talking soap products. Soap sort of cleans itself, in some manner. They'd use cleaner to clean soap, which seems, I don't know, odd.

Yeah exactly....... clean the soap on the inside of a fixed dispenser......:crazy:....You know what I’m talking about, something that every person that uses the dispenser touches and whatever else. The DISPENSER. Not what’s in it, but whatever.

It’s my opinion and I already have a solution......we bring our own things!!! :)

It was always nice to bring the individual bottles back home though to get that sense of Disney while at home.

No offense to anyone, but I don’t like sharing hygiene products with strangers, I’m betting that house keeping isn’t sanitizing those dispensers, although the thought just came to my mind the showers/baths probably aren’t sanitized either...........
Yes; I think if the concern is about sanitization from use by others, then that concern goes far deeper: The safety bars on thrill rides, the door handles entering and exiting restaurants and shops, every piece of merch in the stores, etc. It would be paralyzing and I would think that could make Disney not worth visiting.

Good to know this. When we make our grocery stop on the way to the resort, we will grab shampoo, etc. I hate bringing those little bottles from home and dragging out that ziplock bag during airport security.

Always just used the stuff provided by our (are-you-kidding-me-with-this-price-per-night) resort.

I'm confused. I don't fly very much but can't you pack shampoo and conditioner in whatever bottles you want in your checked luggage?

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/liquids-rule

Yes, you can. We NEVER check luggage, LOL! We only do carry-ons. Sorry I didn't specify! For carry-ons, you need to take them out unless you are told to go in the priority check-in line. We got that line last time and it was great - no shoe removal or dragging out the liquids. Not sure why we were picked for that!

Yes, you can. We NEVER check luggage, LOL! We only do carry-ons. Sorry I didn't specify! For carry-ons, you need to take them out unless you are told to go in the priority check-in line. We got that line last time and it was great - no shoe removal or dragging out the liquids. Not sure why we were picked for that!
This is why PreCheck is the ONLY way to fly
Never remove liquids, shoes, etc
At $85 for 5 years it's worth it even if you only fly once a year

I agree, we haven't stayed anywhere on WDW property yet with the shared dispensers but I would rather touch those that than the TV remote. It never bothered me until I saw a show, I think it was dateline or something like that years ago about germs in hotel rooms. The TV remote, bedspreads and decorative bedding that never gets washed were the dirtiest/germ infested items in most major hotels. We now bring a container of lysol wipes and I do the remote sometimes the door knobs if I remember. I guess you never know if the previous guests were ill or not. It still will gross me out to touch them but more than that, I will just be bummed to not have any freebies to bring home :sad1:

I agree, we haven't stayed anywhere on WDW property yet with the shared dispensers but I would rather touch those that than the TV remote. It never bothered me until I saw a show, I think it was dateline or something like that years ago about germs in hotel rooms. The TV remote, bedspreads and decorative bedding that never gets washed were the dirtiest/germ infested items in most major hotels. We now bring a container of lysol wipes and I do the remote sometimes the door knobs if I remember. I guess you never know if the previous guests were ill or not. It still will gross me out to touch them but more than that, I will just be bummed to not have any freebies to bring home :sad1:

Okay - so now shampoo, lotion, soap AND lysol wipes at the grocery store! hahaha

So now I wipe all the surfaces AND check the mattresses/bed frames for bed bugs. I better eat my Wheaties before check in!

Okay - so now shampoo, lotion, soap AND lysol wipes at the grocery store! hahaha

So now I wipe all the surfaces AND check the mattresses/bed frames for bed bugs. I better eat my Wheaties before check in!

And put the remote in an unused plastic bag from the produce dept at the food store! Put your hand in the clear bag, grab the remote, pull the bag over the remote and tie. Ta da! No touching the remote.😉

And put the remote in an unused plastic bag from the produce dept at the food store! Put your hand in the clear bag, grab the remote, pull the bag over the remote and tie. Ta da! No touching the remote.😉

Would love to see the look on Housekeeping's face when they see that bagged remote!! hahaha

Re the community liquid bath products, I distrust their use as they come in contact with open body parts. I also won’t share a bath towel even with family members.
Pray tell. How do these come in contact with open body parts? Hands, yes. Other body parts? No.

Re the community liquid bath products, I distrust their use as they come in contact with open body parts. I also won’t share a bath towel even with family members.
Pray tell. How do these come in contact with open body parts? Hands, yes. Other body parts? No.

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Trying to imagine what contortions someone would have to go through to touch dispensers high on the wall with other than hands, assuming they wouldn’t take it in their mouth....

How do the bath product come in contact with open body parts? They are connected to the wall. People aren't rubbing their bodies on the dispensers. It would be rather impossible. I mean, fine don't use them but how bizarre an idea that people are putting their bodies on them

How do the bath product come in contact with open body parts? They are connected to the wall. People aren't rubbing their bodies on the dispensers. It would be rather impossible. I mean, fine don't use them but how bizarre an idea that people are putting their bodies on them
What if you are a 7ft.+ basketball player?

I get it, the idea of the big shared bottles icks me out for no real or justified reason. But at the same time I know that’s a me issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter