Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

You're flying?! So glad to read that. I think your first night plan sounds great. I want to see photos of the Hyatt and that Runway View. Is that what it's really called? Love it! Everyone always mentions it and I don't think I've actually ever seen photos. Make sure you get to BWI in time for breakfast!

:thumbsup2Awww, there you are, minus three.
That's the plan, bright and early to Innkeepers Club! As you know the kids may sleep in though... If they do Dispro mentioned a nice buffet there at the Hyatt. And yes, runway view is the booking category! It was only 15 bucks more than the regular room :) and we are spending what we'd pay for one room at BWI CL with our discount.

DH is happy not to drive this year for sure! The packing has me overwhelmed so of course I haven't started ...

And last post for tonight. Star Wars fireworks at Disney Studios from our balcony
View attachment 183721
Not gonna lie, very tempted to ask about BWV CL availability ;)

Pas130 have an amazing trip! We are due at BWV in 2 weeks. Packing spreadsheet sounds very smart. I'm the worlds slowest packer so I should start now!! :P
I'm a fast packer, because I work well under pressure. We have our list for what to put on the carry ons and my DDs are packed lol

BWV look wonderful and you will have an amazing time!

Me too!!! Will be at BWV 7/30 - 8/2 and then I move to BLT 8/2 - 8/6. I have friends staying at GF the latter half of my trip so I wanted to be closer to them.

I would love to hear a comparison when you return, if you have time. I am currently reading this thread, the BC/YC/BVC, and the CR/BLT in the hope of making a res at one of them for our October 2017 trip. They all have their pros and cons, but I haven't decided what exactly I will say when I finally make the call! Will it matter? I have a feeling that availability will determine where we stay more than which one I ask for first. :)

Hello I am thinking about staying at BWV in the near future. Does anyone know the procedure for rope drop coming from the International Gateway. I was wondering which entrance at rope drop is closer to Soarin and Frozen, front gate or international gateway. Thank you for information.

Mexi... Back to reality is never fun....Planning another trip is the perfect solution....Disney logic at work!! ;)

sfbank Loving your live reports and pics...thanks so much!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

pas Great pic of the pas clan!! :goodvibes ....Now get packing girl!!!! ::yes:: See ya soon!! :grouphug:

cassidy57 I do think that Soarin is closer to the main entrance...but it is not a terribly long walk from the IG....and FEA is def closer to the IG for sure....HTH....

bluecastle All great choices :thumbsup2....Personally...I think a monorail resort is great in October..as the MK is really soo decked out in its fall finery.....

Soarin is closer to the front entrance and Frozen is in Norway so I would say closer to IG entrance. We didn't get to IG for rope drop last week so I'm not sure if they let people in early there or not. Maybe someone who does RD can help answer.

To get to the front of epcot you would need to taxi or drive there. No buses unless the boats aren't running due to lightening.

Hello Mexi Thank you for your information. I am hoping that at the IG you are able to get to the ride quicker at rope drop.

Poor Josh from EasyWDW looks like he's being stuck against his will partway through that video.

Good eye:rotfl:And, Pete doesn't look all too pleased that Adidas Hat Guy keeps bebopping in front of him.

I have not cross-posted, so feel free to do so. Hopefully it helps someone! I agree, we need to visit again when it is finished...

Waiting to see what my parents/siblings decide our destination will be for next summer. I suspect we will be back at Boardwalk- I'll let you know so you can add us once the decision has been made!

Sounds good. Cross-posting completed:)

And last post for tonight. Star Wars fireworks at Disney Studios from our balcony

Thank you for posting all your LIVE photos:)

That's the plan, bright and early to Innkeepers Club! As you know the kids may sleep in though... If they do Dispro mentioned a nice buffet there at the Hyatt. And yes, runway view is the booking category! It was only 15 bucks more than the regular room :) and we are spending what we'd pay for one room at BWI CL with our discount.

DH is happy not to drive this year for sure! The packing has me overwhelmed so of course I haven't started ...

Not gonna lie, very tempted to ask about BWV CL availability ;)

BWI? Instead of RV? (Runway View)

Hello Mexi Thank you for your information. I am hoping that at the IG you are able to get to the ride quicker at rope drop.

If you're staying at any Epcot Area Resort, you'll always want to use the IG, it's so convenient.

Hello I am thinking about staying at BWV in the near future. Does anyone know the procedure for rope drop coming from the International Gateway. I was wondering which entrance at rope drop is closer to Soarin and Frozen, front gate or international gateway. Thank you for information.

Our experience with RD from the IG is mixed. It kind of depends on who is doing security and also who is manning the touchpoints. Sometimes we are held until the opening time for the park; on a few occasions, we've been allowed through security and the touchpoints and then held at the bridge to Future World or closer to Soarin'. It really is a mixed bag. That was in May 2016 and August and December 2015 -- before Frozen. We are back in 4 weeks and will plan for RD at IG, but are prepared to be disappointed that we aren't in as quickly as we think we should be in. (So, there is that chance that we'll be pleasantly surprised. Always keep our expectations low on RD at IG.) That has been my experience. YMMV.

I would love to hear a comparison when you return, if you have time. I am currently reading this thread, the BC/YC/BVC, and the CR/BLT in the hope of making a res at one of them for our October 2017 trip. They all have their pros and cons, but I haven't decided what exactly I will say when I finally make the call! Will it matter? I have a feeling that availability will determine where we stay more than which one I ask for first. :)

I have stayed at BWV & BLT before.(I've stayed at BCV too) All are good choices and like you said all have their pros & cons, but personally BWV is my favorite. We enjoy the area and love being able to walk to 2 parks. BLT is nice and being close to TOTWL(for DVC members) is a great perk but the only reason I am moving mid trip is because my friends are staying at GF - the move will put me closer to them.

I'm a fast packer, because I work well under pressure. We have our list for what to put on the carry ons and my DDs are packed lol

BWV look wonderful and you will have an amazing time!
I swear that this is the truth, my suitcase stays probably half packed all the time. I usually have to throw the clothes in and toss essential cosmetics and meds in and I"m good to go. All of my magic bands are in there along with socks and ponchos (I now have four as we took them out before last visit and wound up having to buy more.)

I was wondering about the whole rope drop with Frozen ride up and running now.

Just did Garden Grocers for the first time. We have always rented a car and did our shopping on the first morning. We’ll see how we like it.

Why yes I am….a grocery shopping geek.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter