Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

2. Has anyone ever taken a cab to get food and drinks for your hotel room? I have heard that people have stuff shipped, just wondered if there was any other way. We are flying and Disney is picking us up, I am guessing they don't make any stops on the way :)

No need to take a cab to go grocery shopping. I'd recommend Garden Grocer for delivery. They have a huge selection of items you can order, including things like wine, and are very reliable.

No need to take a cab to go grocery shopping. I'd recommend Garden Grocer for delivery. They have a huge selection of items you can order, including things like wine, and are very reliable.

Garden grocer is definitely the way to go! So easy, you don't have to take time out of your vacation, and the prices are reasonable. Bell services will bring it to your room even.

My daughter just made the room reservation for our very first trip to WDW. We choose AoA because we are taking my granddaughter who will be seven. We will wait for the packages to come out to finish our reservations for May 2015.

A year and three months seems a long way off, but I'm sure it will fly!

We are getting a family suite in Lion King. Can anyone tell me which floors are best for noise? I've heard requesting the top floor is best, but I really don't know.

:cool1:

My daughter just made the room reservation for our very first trip to WDW. We choose AoA because we are taking my granddaughter who will be seven. We will wait for the packages to come out to finish our reservations for May 2015.

We are getting a family suite in Lion King. Can anyone tell me which floors are best for noise? I've heard requesting the top floor is best, but I really don't know.

I don't know about best, but we had a 3rd floor, lake view room in building 6 (LK), and it was silent. No noise whatsoever!

We were in a Lion King suite in June -- 4th floor of Bldg. 10, 2 doors away from the stairs. The only "noise" we heard was if we were in the room in the afternoon. There were CM's coming and going from the room next to ours frequently during the afternoons (and only in the afternoon -- never at night). I'm not sure what they were doing in there, but every time someone went in or out of the room, they let the door slam shut. It wasn't a big deal at all and we only noticed it if we were in the bedroom without the TV on. Other than that, I don't remember hearing any real noise. I only know for sure that one other suite on that wing was even occupied because we saw the family coming/going a few times during the week. It's possible we were the only 2 families on that wing. For what it's worth, we loved the resort and the Lion King section. And we especially loved the location of our room. We were at the end of the building closest to Animation Hall. It was about a 2 minute walk from our room to Landscape of Flavors, the bus stops, and the Finding Nemo pool. We will definitely request that section the next time we're there.

Excellent advice. We will be making our booking any time now so good to know.

One question...We will be requesting one of the suites. Is there a difference between the Lion King, Cars or Nemo suites? Is one better than the other? Or is it simply the theme that is good for our kids? (which I'm not sure what that would be for us...our son used to LOVE Cars, but he's over that now and neither are really into any specific one)

Frozen2014 said:

One question...We will be requesting one of the suites. Is there a difference between the Lion King, Cars or Nemo suites? Is one better than the other? Or is it simply the theme that is good for our kids? (which I'm not sure what that would be for us...our son used to LOVE Cars, but he's over that now and neither are really into any specific one)

We'll be booking a Nemo suite for our trip next year because its gender neutral and its one of mine and my husbands favorites. The kids are ok with it too. They don't care....we'll be back at Disney. And....they won't have to share a bed this time lol

Excellent advice. We will be making our booking any time now so good to know. One question...We will be requesting one of the suites. Is there a difference between the Lion King, Cars or Nemo suites? Is one better than the other? Or is it simply the theme that is good for our kids? (which I'm not sure what that would be for us...our son used to LOVE Cars, but he's over that now and neither are really into any specific one)

The Nemo building is closest to the main building and busses. Also closest to the big pool which will likely mean more noise.

April 2013- All Star Music

can anyone tell me if the bowls that the resorts provide are microwaveable? I plan to bring instant oatmeal with us for breakfast and I need to know if I need to bring a bowl to microwave it in. Thanks

I just booked a Nemo Suite for 8/23-8/31. My father is handicapped and will be using a scooter. I am going to request a Ground Floor and close to Animation Hall. Would we need to go all the way to the middle of the building to get into the building? Or are there doors closer to Animation Hall where we could get into the building?
Hope I'm making sense

Just to clarify, the "check-in time" is a no-earlier-than time.....you ("officially") can't check in BEFORE then, not that you're late if you don't check in BY then. It's the opposite of check-out.

But like PP noted, for very late night arrivals, I usually try to let the hotel know I'm still coming. That way, in case they're in an overbook situation, they'll know not to give my room away. That probably doesn't happen much with paid deposits, but it doesn't hurt.

I'm still reading this forum and this question may be adressed, but I am wondering, is it possible to request early check in? Thanks

I'm still reading this forum and this question may be adressed, but I am wondering, is it possible to request early check in? Thanks

When we were there in August we didn't request an early check in time but by the time we arrived to the resort at noonish our room was ready

You can check in as early as 6:30AM. Your room may not be ready but you can check in, get your paperwork, leave your bags with Bell Services and go to the parks, swim or check out the resort.

During online check in, you can specify what time you will be arriving and they will do their best to have a room ready for you. But that's not guaranteed.

There's no difference between the suites other than theme and location. They're all the same size and have the same amenities within the suite. I find all the suites to be gender neutral. When we originally booked, we were in a Nemo Suite. I chose that because that section -- as a whole -- is the closest to the Animation Hall. When discounts came out, there were no Nemo Suites available at the discounted rate (that's very common -- they seem to either not include those suites or only include a handful) so we switched to Cars because *I* thought that's what my kids would like that better than Lion King since Cars has a pool but LK doesn't. Well, they were a little disappointed when I told them. They said they would have preferred Lion King. I told them I wasn't switching again. Fast forward to check in and I just casually mentioned to the check-in CM that my kids weren't happy with my choice of a Cars suite -- that they wanted Nemo or Lion King. So he called the room assignor and checked what else was available (our assigned location in the Cars section wasn't that great anyway). I told him that it was most important that we be close to the main building/bus stops. He said he had the perfect room for us. And he did!! We loved our location in the Lion King section (bldg 10, end of the wing closest to Animation Hall). We were closer to AH and the bus stops than many of the Nemo rooms. We liked the theming both inside the rooms as well as outside. Though I will say that I think the Cars section has the best outdoor theming of all the areas of AoA -- especially at night. Even if you don't end up staying in that section, make sure to walk over there one night. It's amazing.

I just booked a Nemo Suite for 8/23-8/31. My father is handicapped and will be using a scooter. I am going to request a Ground Floor and close to Animation Hall. Would we need to go all the way to the middle of the building to get into the building? Or are there doors closer to Animation Hall where we could get into the building?
Hope I'm making sense

There are doors at the end of each "wing" of the buildings by the staircases as well as in the center (the middle of the "long" side of the building). The elevators are located in the center of the building (again, the center of the "long" side of the building).

As is stands now, our plane won't get to Orlando International Airport until 4:00 pm. So by the time we get to our resort it will probably be 6:00 pm (I move slow in my manual wheelchair). What about late check-in like this? Do we have to call to have our room held? Since we've never been to WDW before, I'm not sure about this.

princess:

As is stands now, our plane won't get to Orlando International Airport until 4:00 pm. So by the time we get to our resort it will probably be 6:00 pm (I move slow in my manual wheelchair). What about late check-in like this? Do we have to call to have our room held? Since we've never been to WDW before, I'm not sure about this.

princess:

You'll be just fine. Your room will definitely be held for you - that's one of the reasons WDW asks for room deposits. The earliest "official" check-in time is 4:00 (I think) and most people check in after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter