Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I am going from my DVC accommodations to an AoA LM room.......but really excited. Just will have to do laundry somewhere......and make breakfast at AoF.
We r on Dining Plan---All ADRs r finished. All we need r two beds/shower/toilet. Lol
Only 174 left!

Hey everyone! Just booked our first stay at AoA for November! We are really looking forward to it!! We took our kids to go see the resort this past November (since they love Cars and the Little Mermaid) and they actually cried when we left!!! So we thought we'd surprise them with a stay there! I think they're going to go crazy when they see it!!! We actually have a split stay, so this will be the second part of the trip! I'm really looking forward to chatting with all of you!

To those who have picked up packages on serval day: How did you and where did you go? What information did you need? I have three boxes waiting for me from Amazon that I absolutely need upon check-in.

Ill be planning our November 2015 trip to Disney in November of this year. We went in October of 2013 and stayed at POP. It was nice but my DH and I would like a queen instead of a double and the kids need their own beds instead of sharing a double. So when we go next year im going to book a Nemo family suite. I have a DS, 9 & DD11, so we wanted a gender neutral theme. Plus we love Nemo. Im hoping to get FD again....that was a huge savings last year. So ill be following this thread to get the scoop on all things AOA. :)

So, glad I found this site and thread. My family of 5 will take our first visit to Disney in March. We booked a Cars Family suite, got the dining plan, and I think all the food reservations are made. I am having some trouble with the Fast pass selections though. Thanks for all the advice everyone gives. I am getting excited.

To those who have picked up packages on serval day: How did you and where did you go? What information did you need? I have three boxes waiting for me from Amazon that I absolutely need upon check-in.

Your packages will be at Bell Services. You can pick them up yourself or call from your room and they will bring them up. Though if you have them bring them up it's customary to tip them.

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be going to WDW in May!!! I just know my kids will love the Cars theme. Hopefully my 3 year old doesn't realize we could have stayed in a Nemo room because she's a Nemo fanatic. However, all three of them like Cars, and majority rules. She will love the Nemo pool. :)

I have a couple questions that I'm hoping you all might be able to answer.

1. Are you able to take food from the Landscape of Flavors restaurant back to your room? I can't even begin to list all the ways in which it would be helpful for DH to run down and grab food for the rest of us. Getting 3 kids dressed in the morning, ready for bed, naps, after kids fall asleep at night, etc. Do they have carryout boxes or anything?

2. Does the gift shop have a good selection of Finding Nemo clothes and toys? We live so close to a Disney Store, but they have barely anything Nemo themed these days. When Finding Nemo came back out a couple years back, they had lots of stuff. My daughter is still squeezing into her 2 sizes too small pink Nemo shirt.

Thanks!

1. Are you able to take food from the Landscape of Flavors restaurant back to your room? I can't even begin to list all the ways in which it would be helpful for DH to run down and grab food for the rest of us. Getting 3 kids dressed in the morning, ready for bed, naps, after kids fall asleep at night, etc. Do they have carryout boxes or anything?!

Yup. This is my job as well, works out great.

2. Does the gift shop have a good selection of Finding Nemo clothes and toys? We live so close to a Disney Store, but they have barely anything Nemo themed these days. When Finding Nemo came back out a couple years back, they had lots of stuff. My daughter is still squeezing into her 2 sizes too small pink Nemo shirt.

This one I can't help with.

Went back and forth where to stay. Happy to say we will be staying at AOA in March in the Cars suite. :goodvibes

I may have overlooked this but is there a movie schedule for AoA?

Here you go.

Art of Animation Poolside Movie Schedule ~ 7:00PM

Sunday - The Little Mermaid (see our Princess Page)
Monday - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Tuesday - Hercules
Wednesday - A Goofy Movie
Thursday - Miracle
Friday - Enchanted
Saturday - Remeber the Titans

This is for February. It changes every month.

Gah! I'm sitting here waiting for an email from my TA with the link to make my deposit to make it official! Time passes so slowly when you are waiting for an email.

We showed our six year old son a video tour of the Cars suite and he was so excited, he was physically shaking. I think we made the right choice.

Next time we go back to Disney we will be staying here. Last time we stayed at the Polynesian and as much as I loved it, it was a bit expensive and I want something more kiddie themed. Im currently pregnant with baby 2 so we will be holding off for at least 2yrs. We live in the UK and flying long haul with a baby is no fun. So baby will be at least 2 and current daughter will be 5.
Iam loving the Nemo family suites and my daughter is Little Mermaid crazy, does anyone know if the mermaid rooms come in family suites? Iam so excited to get this booked and can't wait.

Next time we go back to Disney we will be staying here. Last time we stayed at the Polynesian and as much as I loved it, it was a bit expensive and I want something more kiddie themed. Im currently pregnant with baby 2 so we will be holding off for at least 2yrs. We live in the UK and flying long haul with a baby is no fun. So baby will be at least 2 and current daughter will be 5.
Iam loving the Nemo family suites and my daughter is Little Mermaid crazy, does anyone know if the mermaid rooms come in family suites? Iam so excited to get this booked and can't wait.

Congrats on the new little one!

No, the LM rooms are standard rooms. Suites are Finding Nemo, Lion King and Cars.

Hi! Just getting ready to do online check-in for our Lion King suite. Any recommendations about special requests, such as building number/location, top floor, bottom floor, etc.?

TIA!

How long will it take to get to each park on the bus?

Once on the bus, the ride should be about:

DHS 5-7 minutes
Epcot 7-10 minutes
AK 10-15 minutes
MK 15-20 minutes

Returning from MK tends to take longer as they typically take a different route back than the one they use to arrive.

And one more question - if we request a top floor room for our Lion King Suite, does each building have an elevator or just stairs?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter