Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We're staying at AOA for the first time right after Thanksgiving in a Nemo Suite. I'm looking forward to seeing the Christmas Decorations and wondering how they are at AOA. We stayed at Pop in 2019 in early December but never made it over to AOA to see their decorations. Does anyone know if people decorate their windows like at Pop for the holidays?

We're staying at AOA for the first time right after Thanksgiving in a Nemo Suite. I'm looking forward to seeing the Christmas Decorations and wondering how they are at AOA. We stayed at Pop in 2019 in early December but never made it over to AOA to see their decorations. Does anyone know if people decorate their windows like at Pop for the holidays?
People decorate the Little Mermaid room windows (external hallways). They don't decorate as much in the Family Suites since those are all internal hallways. AOA's tree is my favorite one, it's so creative!PXL_20211127_131131235.jpgPXL_20211127_131818819.jpgPXL_20211127_131104188.jpgP1060352.JPG

People decorate the Little Mermaid room windows (external hallways). They don't decorate as much in the Family Suites since those are all internal hallways. AOA's tree is my favorite one, it's so creative!

Thanks for sharing!

I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Do you think their Christmas tree will be up by November 12th? That is my arrival day.

Last edited:

Do you think their Christmas tree will be up by November 12th? That is my arrival day.
There's no way to know, you just have to watch social media and see when someone says they see AOA's tree going up. The order resorts are decorated in is all done through a lottery system, so it's a different day every year and impossible to predict.

We visted last year November 12th to 20th and not all the resorts had trees up when we arrived but every resort was decorated by the 16th. It was sort of magical to see the trees appear at POP and AoA overnight.

We're staying in the Cars section next month and I need to work on our room requests! When I searched the thread for recs, all of them are from before the Skyliner was open. I know that Buildings 1 and 3 are about equidistant to Animation Hall and the buses, but what about the Skyliner? I'm assuming Building 3 is closest. About how far is the walk?

We're staying in the Cars section next month and I need to work on our room requests! When I searched the thread for recs, all of them are from before the Skyliner was open. I know that Buildings 1 and 3 are about equidistant to Animation Hall and the buses, but what about the Skyliner? I'm assuming Building 3 is closest. About how far is the walk?
Building 1 and 3 are going to be about a 3-4 minute walk (definitely under 5 minutes unless you have slow walkers) walk to Skyliner. It's really not far. It's about 1,000 feet if you map it out on Google Maps. We were in Building 6 (first floor) in the LK section which is basically the same distance from Skyliner as Building 3 in Cars and we could get from our room to the entrance of Skyliner in about 2 minutes. We had a room that was very close to the back door of the building so we had about the shortest distance possible from a LK room. We used the Skyliner 12 times during our stay so we were happy to have the room location we had (and that's why we requested that location - we knew we'd be using Skyliner a lot).

Family staying at AoA for a few weeks early November :)

Anyone know if the food court/kitchen still sell cases of water? Last time I was there the manager had to grab it from the back room.

Regarding the refillable mugs:
When we went during Covid/2020, the only place to get them filled was in the quick service restaurant, and someone did it for you. Is this still the case? Can you fill your own now?
Also, have they re-opened the machine where you can fill your mug at the Drop Off Bar?

6 more days! :banana:

We go in a couple weeks and booked a Mermaid room. Family of 4. My kids are 8 and 9 and have been fighting SO much lately, now I’m nervous about not having a lot of room for them to be able to have their own space… the rooms look TINY so I’m a little nervous about that as the trip gets closer, and starting to regret not sticking with POP. 😬. Someone tell me it’s going to be fine 😂

We go in a couple weeks and booked a Mermaid room. Family of 4. My kids are 8 and 9 and have been fighting SO much lately, now I’m nervous about not having a lot of room for them to be able to have their own space… the rooms look TINY so I’m a little nervous about that as the trip gets closer, and starting to regret not sticking with POP. 😬. Someone tell me it’s going to be fine 😂
It’s going to be fine. :)
The LM rooms are slightly bigger than the Pop rooms.

Regarding the refillable mugs:
When we went during Covid/2020, the only place to get them filled was in the quick service restaurant, and someone did it for you. Is this still the case? Can you fill your own now?
Also, have they re-opened the machine where you can fill your mug at the Drop Off Bar?

6 more days! :banana:

It's been back to filling your own mugs for a while now. I'm sure the station at the Drop Off is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter