Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I might have missed it, but doesn't anyone know what construction will be going on in early September? We have a suite booked Sept. 1-4 and just got an email that there will be construction during our stay.

I might have missed it, but doesn't anyone know what construction will be going on in early September? We have a suite booked Sept. 1-4 and just got an email that there will be construction during our stay.

It might be the installation/construction of the Gondola Station. The walls just went up for the Gondola Station at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot.

https://blogmickey.com/2017/06/photos-construction-walls-epcot-gondola-station/

Have you had any experience with their fax for room requests?

I used it last year and got the room right next door to the specific one I requested...which was still exactly where I wanted to be. I didn't need to be in a specific room, just hoped for a specific hallway on the first floor of Nemo building 5 and preferably facing the lake. That's exactly what we got.

Have you had any experience with their fax for room requests?
We used it for the villas at the Grand Floridian and got the exact room that we requested. I did the online request through Disney's website on that same trip for our room at AOA and didn't get remotely what we requested.

Hi, Everyone! Super excited to say that we've booked a surprise first Disney trip for our kids for June 2018! We went back and fourth on several different places to stay, but finally decided we were just going to splurge for the extra space and come to AoA! We're going to be in a Cars suite and now I just have to figure out what to request. I haven't made it through all 259 pages...yet...but I'm getting there. LOL. I've seen where you guys are talking about using a fax for from TP. I've clicked on the link to look at the different rooms, the views, etc but I can't figure out how to access that service. Is it only available if you do the year subscription or am I simply over looking it somewhere? The trip will consist of myself, DH, DS (9), and DD (6) so I really don't want building 2 even though in reality it probably isn't that much further than 1 or 3. Do you guys feel that if I request 4th floor near elevator that it will be relatively quiet that far up?

We just booked our daughter's (age 4) return trip to Disney Wold here for February 2018. We booked the Little Mermaid Room. We are all very excited. However, she doesn't know. She will find out as we drive under the "Welcome" sign.
We're doing this, exactly! We leave in a few weeks, just after our daughter's 4th birthday--can't wait! She asks to go back to Disney World everyday as our last trip was Feb 2016. We are heading down after visiting my in-laws in Nashville for a week of "vacation" while she thinks we are driving home, we will be driving to FL. She is going to be beyond surprised! She's observant though, so if she isn't asleep I expect she'll figure it out before we hit Disney property based on all of the palm trees and billboards in FL.

What are the times for you to draw with an artistic? I saw it somewhere a while ago and forgot to write it down. Thanks.

I came in to ask the exact same question! Hopefully someone will have an answer. :)

They are held daily. This is from the Activities Calendar:

Character Artist
Meet our resident artist during Teach to Draw classes held in the
children’s playroom next to the Front Desk at 11:00am, 2:00pm and
5:00pm. Become an artist yourself by learning how to draw your favorite
Disney Characters. Times and availability are subject to change

They are held daily. This is from the Activities Calendar:

Character Artist
Meet our resident artist during Teach to Draw classes held in the
children’s playroom next to the Front Desk at 11:00am, 2:00pm and
5:00pm. Become an artist yourself by learning how to draw your favorite
Disney Characters. Times and availability are subject to change
:thanks:

Can someone compare AoA to a chain hotel? Is AoA comparable to say, a Best Western? Or Motel 8?

I am trying to plan our stay and I am just drawn to the theming and character rooms here! My daughter would love the Little Mermaid rooms! I have heard that the beds are uncomfortable. I don't want to be disappointed in our trip. We would split our stay with the Poly likely. Thoughts?

Staying at AoA with 4 year old twins. Currently booked for the Nemo building. Wanted to see for past guest pros vs cons? Would you recommend another building? They are boy\girl so we figured Nemo or Lion King would be neutral.

Staying at AoA with 4 year old twins. Currently booked for the Nemo building. Wanted to see for past guest pros vs cons? Would you recommend another building? They are boy\girl so we figured Nemo or Lion King would be neutral.

Nemo is the most central, so a win/win there! We stayed in a Cars suite, and got lucky and were right by the main building. Lion King is the furthest away, but I love the theme there!

The suites are always included in the discounts but sometimes the Nemo suites are difficult to get at a discounted rate -- though it seems to be easier since they started charging more for the Nemo suites than the Cars or LK suites. Little Mermaid rooms are not included in discounts.

Are the Nemo suites more expensive due to the location or is there something else that I'm missing?

We've stayed in both Lion King and Nemo suites and I like them both. The Lion King area tends to be quiet because there is no pool there -- but it's a quick walk to the Nemo pool or the Little Mermaid pool. Both of our stays in the LK suites were at the end of the building closest to Animation Hall so it was a very convenient location -- quick walk to Landscape of Flavors as well as the bus stops. We also enjoyed our stay in the Nemo suite. We were in building 5 in the "wing" that juts out towards the LK area. We were on the first floor so it was a great location -- very close to the pool (yet not facing it so we didn't have to worry about any noise), Landscape of Flavors, and the bus stops. It was also a convenient location for walking over to Pop Century or taking a bus back to Pop Century and walking back to AoA. My only complaint about the Nemo building (other than it was desperately in need of new carpeting and "sprucing up" in the hallways -- the room was fine) was that it was a loooong walk to our car in the parking lot (we were spoiled by our previous stays in LK where we parked a few spots away from the door of our building). Fortunately, we don't really use our car while we're there, but I did have to walk out to the car for something twice during the week and it was a hike. So...my advice would be that if you plan to drive to the parks, get a suite in Lion King building 10. If you're using Disney transportation, Nemo or Lion King will be great -- go with the one that fits your budget or the theme you like better.

Are the Nemo suites more expensive due to the location or is there something else that I'm missing?

Yes, it's strictly due to location. The suites are the same size and have the same amenities as the other buildings. It's a toss up for me as to whether or not it's worth the extra money for a Nemo suite. Other than being close to the pool when in the Nemo buildings, many of the Lion King suites are closer to the bus stops and Landscape of Flavors than a lot of the Nemo suites. We swim maybe 3 or 4 times during our 7-8 day stay, so being close to the pool isn't that big of a deal for us.

Yes, it's strictly due to location. The suites are the same size and have the same amenities as the other buildings. It's a toss up for me as to whether or not it's worth the extra money for a Nemo suite. Other than being close to the pool when in the Nemo buildings, many of the Lion King suites are closer to the bus stops and Landscape of Flavors than a lot of the Nemo suites. We swim maybe 3 or 4 times during our 7-8 day stay, so being close to the pool isn't that big of a deal for us.

That's great to know. The idea of the pool is nice, but I think the reality of us using it (in late November) is slim or at least not a regular occurrence. I was thinking it would be quicker from there to the bus stops and food.

That's great to know. The idea of the pool is nice, but I think the reality of us using it (in late November) is slim or at least not a regular occurrence. I was thinking it would be quicker from there to the bus stops and food.

It really depends on the location of the room within the section/building. For example, the Lion King suites are between approximately 85 and 215 yards from the door of the food court. The Nemo suites are between 50 and 265 yards. The closest room to the food court in Nemo building 4 is about 135 yards from the food court. So...you could get a room in Nemo building 5 that is as close to the food court as you can possibly get. Or you could get a room in Building 4 that's further away than *every* Lion King suite. If you're not concerned about super quick access to a pool, I'd probably go with a LK suite and request "close to transportation" and save the $15-20 a night over the Nemo suite. If you get a LK room that's close to transportation/food court, you'll still only be about a minute away from the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter