Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
....sounds like you have to do a bounce-back to try out Jiko the next time....:rolleyes1
I may have to. This is our first time at deluxe and they say once you go deluxe it's hard to go back. I'm sure we will try it one day. We aren't very adventurous with our food. That's what makes me nervous too.

I may have to. This is our first time at deluxe and they say once you go deluxe it's hard to go back. I'm sure we will try it one day. We aren't very adventurous with our food. That's what makes me nervous too.
.....I hear ya, loud and clear.....since you are saying that you are on the discerning side when it comes to food, Boma is definitely your best bet!

Yup- it's hard to go back. We were in the "we will never do a deluxe" group because I couldn't justify it. But then after so many trips, we started spending more time at the resorts. We got a GREAT deal at the POLY last September, and there was no turning back. We decided it was deluxe from that point on- so we bought DVC:rotfl:( another thing we said we'd never do)

4 days!!!! What has been the latest DME route? Debating booking a car service...Last time we stayed AKL we stopped at POP, CBR, and one other I believe? 2 out of 4 of us were bus sick by the time we arrived. Motion sickness meds wore off by the time we landed and got to MCO. We may have to suck it up this late though.

In my last semester of nursing school:worship:...what a journey this has been. I so need this trip. Can't wait to be back at AKL and Disneyworld in August for 2 weeks!

Welcome to the world of nursing (OB nurse here, for a long time now)! What a great way to celebrate your amazing accomplishment! Congrats!

4 days!!!! What has been the latest DME route? Debating booking a car service...Last time we stayed AKL we stopped at POP, CBR, and one other I believe? 2 out of 4 of us were bus sick by the time we arrived. Motion sickness meds wore off by the time we landed and got to MCO. We may have to suck it up this late though.

Not sure the latest route, but I can't see booking a car service when you can get there in almost the same amount of time for free. With DME you don't have to collect your luggage, so that's a time saver. And by the time you arrive by car service you'll save what maybe an hour? I'd just ride the fun bus.

Oh we have liked the fun bus for sure, just when the stops are many and we are the last..it doesnt feel fun in our stomachs. We arent claiming baggage either.

Staying at AKL (More specifically Kidani village) for the first time this October! Looking forward to the experience and exploring this thread a bit more.

prettyprincess62 said:
Staying for the first time September 16-23! Very excited!

Staying at AKL (More specifically Kidani village) for the first time this October! Looking forward to the experience and exploring this thread a bit more.
...you are definitely going to love staying here!

Added a day on to our stay in May and have to switch to Kidani for one night. Won't be that big of a deal but I guess now we get to see more of the resort, lol

Checking into Kidani for a much-needed trip June 11 with my 12-year-old son. This past year we've been through a destruction of our home by tenants we had to evict in a legal battle, and then work to repair the place and move back in, and my mother's declining health, so we are excited for a break from it all. Bonus: vacation starts just 2 weeks after my son's birthday. :)

We have booked a standard room for Nov 15-23. Not so worried about view but want to be close to bus and dinning. Any advice on roomrequest??

We have booked a standard room for Nov 15-23. Not so worried about view but want to be close to bus and dinning. Any advice on roomrequest??

Request "close to transportation". That side of the resort (Zebra Trail and Giraffe Trail) would also have you near dining!

Request close to Bus transportation. That should get you on the Giraffe Trail side, & you'll have a great short cut to and from the buses, as well as close to an elevator to take you down to the pool too.

Last edited:
Request "close to transportation". That side of the resort (Zebra Trail and Giraffe Trail) would also have you near dining!
^^^ This.....I didn't read all the way down before posting the previous post before this one..LoL

Checking into Kidani for a much-needed trip June 11 with my 12-year-old son. This past year we've been through a destruction of our home by tenants we had to evict in a legal battle, and then work to repair the place and move back in, and my mother's declining health, so we are excited for a break from it all. Bonus: vacation starts just 2 weeks after my son's birthday. :)
....what a great way to spend a special day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter