Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are standard view rooms all terrible ? Anyone have pics? we are considering switching from wilderness Lodge but the only room category that would save us money would be standard

Are standard view rooms all terrible ? Anyone have pics? we are considering switching from wilderness Lodge but the only room category that would save us money would be standard
No. You could get lucky and get a partial Savannah view or pool view, but you could get a parking lot or roof view as well. It's luck of the draw. take a look at the map and put in a request based on where you think you'd like to be. Good luck!

We are seriously considering moving from SSR to AKL for our September trip, but the only rooms we are being offered are Club Level. We have never stayed at AKL before, nor at Club Level anywhere on property. We were up for trying it this time, but having looked at pictures of the Lounge compared to those in other resorts we are a little disappointed with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a view of the outside from there. One of the reasons for staying at AKL would be to spend any downtime sitting either on our room balcony or outside and watching the animals or the landscape (we tend to sit outside or by a window whatever resort we are staying at). If we have a relaxing drink we would want to take it outside. Is there anywhere close to the lounge we could walk with our drinks and snacks and look at the view, like a balcony or anything? Or could we take them back to our room? Thank you!

We are seriously considering moving from SSR to AKL for our September trip, but the only rooms we are being offered are Club Level. We have never stayed at AKL before, nor at Club Level anywhere on property. We were up for trying it this time, but having looked at pictures of the Lounge compared to those in other resorts we are a little disappointed with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a view of the outside from there. One of the reasons for staying at AKL would be to spend any downtime sitting either on our room balcony or outside and watching the animals or the landscape (we tend to sit outside or by a window whatever resort we are staying at). If we have a relaxing drink we would want to take it outside. Is there anywhere close to the lounge we could walk with our drinks and snacks and look at the view, like a balcony or anything? Or could we take them back to our room? Thank you!
I took mine back to the room.

The lounge Is near the elevator so you could just go down and outside and sit anywhere. There are lots of outdoor places.

I posted lots , lots of pix on the CL thread and Jambo thread last week if neeeded. Lounge, offerings, room, pool, lobby and animals.

We loved our stay in spite of no outside view. Honestly it takes 10-15 to eat then you could just go out after.

...I posted lots , lots of pix on the CL thread and Jambo thread last week if neeeded. Lounge, offerings, room, pool, lobby and animals.

We loved our stay in spite of no outside view. Honestly it takes 10-15 to eat then you could just go out after.

...yes, and they were really great shots! Thanks again....

We are heading back at the end of November....soon excited and soon far away. We have stayed in AKL before and it was our absolute favorite.

Hello! We will be at the Lodge this weekend for an impromptu trip. Can anyone tell me whether the pool is warm enough for swimming right now?

So this is probably more fitting for the restaurant side, but figured I'd ask since it's AKL related.

Has anyone ate at Victoria Falls? I hear amazing things about the burger they serve there, but was curious on some peoples thoughts. I figure one day when we just relax at the resort I may have a few drinks at the bar and grab a bite to eat that evening there.

I have two questions I have not been able to find answers...

I am wondering if all of the Jambo House Grand Villas are all Savana View or if there are some Standard View rooms.

I am wondering if all of the Jambo House Grand Villas have a pool table or if its only specific ones...because I have been seeing layout images of 2 small tables and chairs.

Thank you!

Just throwing this out there, but for me I feel like the Kidani pool is warmer which is great for the winter months. Not sure if it is because of the depth or size or what.

Forgot to mention, I'll be heading home 1/5/18-1/8/18 with my BFF for my birthday and our first marathon!!! Woot woot!!!

.....I have a link in my siggy where you could see std rooms that don't face the parking lot....it's the one titled "Am I up to the Challenge...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter