Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Are the All Star resorts sharing a bus? I know that in the past, they did. I chatted with a Disney cast member who told me she just stayed at Music & Sports and neither were sharing buses at the time. I am just curious what everyone's recent experience has been.

Are the All Star resorts sharing a bus? I know that in the past, they did. I chatted with a Disney cast member who told me she just stayed at Music & Sports and neither were sharing buses at the time. I am just curious what everyone's recent experience has been.

I think the general answer to this is always "it depends" -- they may share during less busy times of the day and have dedicated buses during busy times, like in the morning when people are going to the parks.

Are the rooms refurbished yet to be like the other all stars?
I just returned home from AS Sports this morning. I did not share a bus at all, but I did not go to Disney Springs, which is the only route that I have ever shared between the three. However, even that route was not shared on my January trip. I went to the parks about an hour and a half after opening and came back in the early evening, so I wasn’t traveling during peak times.

Yes, the rooms are refurbished now. I did not see any construction walls or construction workers around at all, so either they are completely finished or doing very minor things on their punch list (they were down to working on the last two buildings maybe a couple of months ago or so). At any rate, you will receive one of the new rooms for sure now.

Last August, we only shared a bus one time that I can recall and it was midday.

Do the all stars still share buses or they have their own again now?
we were just there for 10 days, the only time we shared a bus was on the way to Disney Springs at 9:30 (to get on the Typhoon Lagoon bus). We were at Sports and not full so they picked up at Music as well. That filled the bus so it didn't go to Movies.

In December, the All Stars shared a bus on the way back from Animal Kingdom. I was at Sports, not everyone got off at Sports. So I assume they shared then.

Would love to know if anyone has ever worked remotely while staying at All-Star Sports. I purchased an annual pass and was thinking of staying for 2 weeks in September. Room rates are fairly low. I originally planned on an AirBnB but this way I wouldn't need to rent a car to get into the parks each day after work. But I'm not feeling super confident about the wifi situation...

I was wondering if anyone knew if you could actually play basketball in the hoops section. I’ve stayed at sports before but never really paid attention. From pictures it looks like it’s possible. My nephew got into basketball recently and we are staying a couple nights in March and figured if you could it would be fun to stay in that section for him.

In December, the All Stars shared a bus on the way back from Animal Kingdom. I was at Sports, not everyone got off at Sports. So I assume they shared then.
They usually have dedicated busses for the morning rush and shared busses in the middle of the day. Not sure about evenings.

I was wondering if anyone knew if you could actually play basketball in the hoops section. I’ve stayed at sports before but never really paid attention. From pictures it looks like it’s possible. My nephew got into basketball recently and we are staying a couple nights in March and figured if you could it would be fun to stay in that section for him.
No, it's all oversized decor. No actual basketball hoops for playing. Some DVC resorts have basketball courts though!

Anyone there now? It's been a while since I was there during the summer and needed sunscreen.

Do they still have spray on sunscreen (Coppertone sport, Banana Boat, or Neutrogena) in the gift shop (or parks)? And what is the price per can?

Trying to decide if I need to bring some, order to be shipped to hotel, or just buy on-site.

anyone have an update about the sunscreen?
I would think they would have it for sale in the gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter