Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

To anyone that has been recently, do they sell small packs/cases of water at the gift shop? Thanks :)

Last January we stayed at Music and we asked a CM if they had any. She brought a small case from the back. Think they were 12oz of 8 bottles for around $10 if I remember right.

I haven’t seen any. They do have Dasani 16oz bottles for $3.50 and a 1 liter for $4.00

Thanks! The bigger bottles will work for the room.

Last January we stayed at Music and we asked a CM if they had any. She brought a small case from the back. Think they were 12oz of 8 bottles for around $10 if I remember right.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll ask.

What is the closest building to Cinema Hall. We haven't stayed here before but I'm thinking Toy Story might be fun and away from the noise of the pool. Does anyone have a favorite room here?

I am here right now. Toy story is the closest. I am in Herbie the love bug section 6 and it is a short walk too. This is a pretty small resort in my option.
I just had a total knee replacement, so I'm trying to keep my walk to the room as short as possible. Thank you! I hope you are having a great time!

I just had a total knee replacement, so I'm trying to keep my walk to the room as short as possible. Thank you! I hope you are having a great time!
I really think the front rooms of Fantasia and many of the rooms in Dalmatians is closer than the majority, if not all of the rooms in Toy Story...we stay here often and was just there 2 weeks ago. We always say we'd like to do Toy Story sometime, but the walk seems farther...nothing bad, but with a knee replacement if you're looking for the closest I don't think think Toy Story is it.

What is the closest building to Cinema Hall. We haven't stayed here before but I'm thinking Toy Story might be fun and away from the noise of the pool. Does anyone have a favorite room here?
We have Preferred reservations and they include basically the rooms the post right above mine says, the close Dalmatian, Toy Story and Fantasia. Not sure if you booked preferred, but to guarantee it you may want to.
It may be that you can still request those with a standard but idk. Touring plans shows regular rooms in the 3 further buildings.
I don’t feel like even those are very far, but I walk a lot and don’t have walking issues.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen if the Toasters are available for use the past few weeks?

I'm trying to figure out if paying for preferred is worth the extra $25/night. How long of a walk is it from the worst building to the main building?

I'm trying to figure out if paying for preferred is worth the extra $25/night. How long of a walk is it from the worst building to the main building?
We always just go Standard and request the Mighty Ducks section.

Mighty Ducks has a Pool and a Laundry AND is only a couple of minutes walk to Melody Hall at All-Star MUSIC.

We will definitely be doing that again for our stay at Movies next month now that Music has reopened.

Staying in Mighty Ducks is like having a Preferred Room at MUSIC but at the Standard Room price! :)

Last edited:
It's not bad at all. Do you have mobility issues? That would really be the only factor in my opinion. Have you stayed anywhere else in property? I'd say if you're looking at whole resorts...all of movies is probably just as close if not closer than any other resort....as far as rooms as a whole.

For me I’d say No. it’s not far. The only reason we got preferred was that was the only availability. There’s some great you tube videosyou can watch where they’ll walk around the whole resort for you to give you a feel.

Thank you both. I will stick w/ standard. I'm fine to walk around. I just didn't want to have to walk a mile.

I have read conflicting comments about whether or not there is a direct bus from ASMovies to Blizzard Beach. Can anyone who's recently been there confirm either way? Thanks!

I have read conflicting comments about whether or not there is a direct bus from ASMovies to Blizzard Beach. Can anyone who's recently been there confirm either way? Thanks!
There is...thank goodness...so crazy they're back to not doing that at the rest of the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter