Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Yes, I do love Touring Plans. I didn't know if the room view feature worked for non subscribers, so I didn't link it to avoid disappointment. Been a member for years!

Yes, I do love Touring Plans. I didn't know if the room view feature worked for non subscribers, so I didn't link it to avoid disappointment. Been a member for years!

You can look at room views if not a member. I’ve often done it when deciding if I wanted to change a resort and looking at availability in a private browser, so I’m not signed in. You just can’t use the room request feature.

Going 12-23 through 1-1 with my DD (late 21st birthday and Christmas gifts.
Will be staying 12-24 to 12-30 at movies. Was going to stay for a shorter 5 day trip at swan, but now doing 12-30 to 31 at swan and first night at Marriott hotel by DS all on points. This way we will have 9 days and be there on NYE!

This has been a bucket list items for us and can’t wait!

Going 12-23 through 1-1 with my DD (late 21st birthday and Christmas gifts.
Will be staying 12-24 to 12-30 at movies. Was going to stay for a shorter 5 day trip at swan, but now doing 12-30 to 31 at swan and first night at Marriott hotel by DS all on points. This way we will have 9 days and be there on NYE!

This has been a bucket list items for us and can’t wait!
Awesome!

Sounds like we will have a couple of Movie Stars walking the Red Carpet in December! :)

We stayed at music a couple years ago. Usually stay at POP love the skyline! But to get our extra days we are saving $ on room. We really don’t spend a lot of time at resort anyways when we do value.

We’re staying here at the very end of May through the beginning of June for a graduation trip. We already have a stay at Pop in March, so I decided to go as cheap as possible for this round. Luckily we love All Stars, so it’s not really a bad thing. But I do like being on the Skyliner.

Right now we have a preferred room because that’s all they have available. I’m hoping a standard room will open up before we come. We don’t mind the walk, and I’d rather spend the extra money on food/souvenirs than on convenience. But the preferred room was still cheaper than a standard at Pop.

Although we’ve stayed at All Stars many times, we’ve only stayed at Movies once. And that was in the Herbie section. So I’m hoping we get a different section just for the new experience.

If I make a room request, do I do it during the online check-in? Or do I need to call the resort? I do realize that a preferred room can be in Fantasia, Toy Story, or 101. But I’m hoping I’ll be able to downgrade to a standard room by then.

We have a trip tentatively planned for October with a stay at ASM. Looking forward to it! We stayed at Pop Century last time and the rooms look almost identical.

Do you think they’ll still continue the secret menu? Or will it be considered unsafe during the pandemic?
No,the Menu will be very limited just like at POP and AoA until Covid is not a factor.

They want just a few items avaialable so they can prepare them quickly,get them to Guests quickly and get the Guests on their way quickly.

We will be visiting Movies from 12-18 to 12-29. We've stayed at Sports and Music before but this will be out first stay at Movies. In years past, we have experienced some shared buses at the very beginning of the morning and it seemed like Movies got the short end of the stick because the first bus would fill up by the time it left Music. For you Movies folk, does it seem like the transportation might be better at ASSp and ASMu than at movies?

Thanks for your thoughts.

We will be visiting Movies from 12-18 to 12-29. We've stayed at Sports and Music before but this will be out first stay at Movies. In years past, we have experienced some shared buses at the very beginning of the morning and it seemed like Movies got the short end of the stick because the first bus would fill up by the time it left Music. For you Movies folk, does it seem like the transportation might be better at ASSp and ASMu than at movies?

Thanks for your thoughts.
I really wouldn't worry about it just yet. Music and Sports have no opening dates announced. There's a good chance you won't have to worry about sharing a bus. Even if they are open, bus transportation is very different now. There are assigned sections when boarding, with dividers in-between parties and no one stands. This is all for Covid era precautions, so you should be all set to enjoy a bus ride without having to worry about past issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter